You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2019-03-13] Bayern Munich vs Liverpool

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:00 pm

Bayern Munich will win inside 90 minutes
67%
Bayern Munich will go through after winning in extra time
5%
Bayern Munich will go through on penalties
5%
Liverpool F.C. will go through on penalties
No votes
Liverpool F.C. will go through on away goals rule after extra time
No votes
Liverpool F.C. will go through after winning in extra time
No votes
It will end in a scoring draw
10%
Liverpool F.C. will win
14%

Total votes : 21

Re: [2019-03-13] Bayern Munich vs Liverpool

Postby aterford » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:44 pm

MUTU wrote:In my opinion, we have 4 candidates in our squad for the right-back position in the absence of Kimmich, 3 of which (Rafinha, Goretzka and Gnabry) have been highlighted in a Bundesliga.com article, with the fourth option being Boateng who has experience playing there despite that being a very long while ago.

Yes, he's not the only option, but like I said, the only one who I think can really slot directly in without requiring some big changes.
Goretzka was terrible when he played fullback this season, and TBH he hasn't had many good performances at all when he's been put in a position that asks him to focus a lot on defending (whenever he's played DM it's not been good, except for maybe vs Stuttgart back in Sept) And of course he's just returning from injury as well.
Gnabry would likely require moving to a back three, which we've yet to try this season...actually, I think the last time we tried a back three was way back in 15/16 under Pep, and even that seemed to be just for experimenting in BL - always back four in UCL.
I suppose Boateng is an option but I think that's a dangerous game with our CB depth. Javi will most likely start in midfield and so if you put Boateng at RB then you're going to put Süle and Hummels central. Okay, but then if one needs subbed you're still likely to end up with Raf at RB (and one of the other three shuffling around) or Javi dropping back to CB, which he hasn't played this year except vs Rödinghausen, or relying on Mai or Awoudja....

Suffice to say: none of these options make me any more confident than just starting Rafinha, lol
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:49 pm

aterford wrote:
MUTU wrote:In my opinion, we have 4 candidates in our squad for the right-back position in the absence of Kimmich, 3 of which (Rafinha, Goretzka and Gnabry) have been highlighted in a Bundesliga.com article, with the fourth option being Boateng who has experience playing there despite that being a very long while ago.

Yes, he's not the only option, but like I said, the only one who I think can really slot directly in without requiring some big changes.
Goretzka was terrible when he played fullback this season, and TBH he hasn't had many good performances at all when he's been put in a position that asks him to focus a lot on defending (whenever he's played DM it's not been good, except for maybe vs Stuttgart back in Sept) And of course he's just returning from injury as well.
Gnabry would likely require moving to a back three, which we've yet to try this season...actually, I think the last time we tried a back three was way back in 15/16 under Pep, and even that seemed to be just for experimenting in BL - always back four in UCL.
I suppose Boateng is an option but I think that's a dangerous game with our CB depth. Javi will most likely start in midfield and so if you put Boateng at RB then you're going to put Süle and Hummels central. Okay, but then if one needs subbed you're still likely to end up with Raf at RB (and one of the other three shuffling around) or Javi dropping back to CB, which he hasn't played this year except vs Rödinghausen, or relying on Mai or Awoudja....

Suffice to say: none of these options make me any more confident than just starting Rafinha, lol

I agree, but knowing our luck, Rafinha will play against Wolfsburg and get injured.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Dumbledore7 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:16 pm

MUTU wrote:I agree, but knowing our luck, Rafinha will play against Wolfsburg and get injured.

Fair point :lol:

In all seriousness, if that's the case, my strong preference would be on Boateng because we'll desperately need him to play out from the back. Renato also capable but very risky, while Goretzka will straight up die.
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby zozon » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:27 pm

MUTU wrote:I agree, but knowing our luck, Rafinha will play against Wolfsburg and get injured.

Then play Boateng and rest Rafinha for Liverpool, not the other way around.
zozon
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby America USA » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:41 am

MUTU wrote:There won't be any banning for losing this bet. If you want to get banned, you break the rules, but then that ban might end up being permanent not just a week.

If you wanna be such a party pooper then it’ll be more of a case of refraining from logging in for a week. An exercise of self control as Zozon proposed.

Also, you do know that people can check out this website even when banned or when not logged in?
I remember not logging in for almost a month last year but that didn’t mean I didn’t pay visits to this website from time to time.

I understand that a bet like this terrifies you because you fear losing traffic or users never returning but that mostly happens in months long bans. It’s not as if a Temp ban will force users to never visit this website during a period of 168 hours.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:30 pm

I wouldn’t be in on this shit as well if I were in MUTU's shoes... You wanna bet, bet, but stop dragging others into it... It probably won’t take hours, but it’s still an extra effort for MUTU and the mods... That’s not party pooping it’s having a life outside this forum - ironically the very point certain users bring up here over and over and over and over and over and over again...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby IsiahRashad » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:37 pm

'Liverpool running into Bayern at the wrong time' - Hamann predicts Champions League exit [source]

Hamann, who won the Champions League with Liverpool in 2005, feels Bayern are in pole position to qualify for the quarter-finals of this year's competition at the expense of another of his former clubs.

“They will feel they are in a decent position after the 0-0 draw at home and with Virgil van Dijk returning – but I still prefer Bayern," Hamann told the Racing Post. "The potential loss to injury of Kingsley Coman is a blow for the German side but they are in superb form, unrecognisable from the first couple of months of the season. Their confidence will contrast with the mood at Liverpool and I’ll take Bayern in another tight, low-scoring encounter.”

“Liverpool are definitely running into Bayern at the wrong time with a new belief pulsing through the Bavarian ranks."

Jose Mourinho makes Liverpool prediction v Bayern Munich and names unlikely Champions League finalist [source]

Jose Mourinho says Bayern Munich will knock Liverpool out of the Champions League and believes this season’s competition is wide open for a ‘surprise’ team to pull off a shock.

Asked to name the favourite to progress from next week’s last-16 tie, Mourinho told RT: ‘I see Bayern, in spite of up and down season, I see them now on the up. ‘With the morale of Borussia Dortmund losing consecutively and them recovering positons even in the Bundesliga. And I see Bayern as a team that can score goals.

‘If I had to choose, I wouldn’t bet on pounds, but if I had to choose I would choose Bayern.’
IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Bentonomo » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:35 pm

peaking at the right moment
Bentonomo
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Mexico

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:51 pm

My only fear is , that if we don't make it to the Q.F it will affect our morale and we won't make it to get passed the Prussians
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:19 am

I hate the away goals rule and that's what I fear most now.

Even if we are up by 2 I would still be very nervous
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby America USA » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:39 am

If Bayern can combine the solid defensive gane of the first leg with the offensive prowess shown in our last two games then it’s possible. I still think Liverpool will go through but the team looks very focused lately and we can maybe pull this off.

YlonenXabi wrote:I hate the away goals rule and that's what I fear most now.

Yes me too and therefore I can’t wait for it to die!

—————

Provided Coman and Alaba are not fit enough for Wednesday, I expect this to be our starting lineup:
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:37 am

I don't mind it but it's pretty BS that it counts in ET too.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:21 am

Isn't it going to be removed?
If so from which season?

I think this game is going to make us eat all our finger's and toes' nails... & heartburn...

I can't imagine being one up and under siege!
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:59 am

ramsej84 wrote:Isn't it going to be removed?
If so from which season?

I think this game is going to make us eat all our finger's and toes' nails... & heartburn...

I can't imagine being one up and under siege!

Definitely unless we score two quick goals but I'm very confident we will make it.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:24 pm

Why? It's clearly that we need to win at least one match in these 2 legs to deserve quarterfinals. :wink:

We will win because we have everything on our side on Wednesday. As long as we can keep the clean sheet, we have no reason to worry.
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League