You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2016-03-16] Bayern Munich vs Juventus

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:45 pm

Bayern Munich will win
94%
It will end in a draw
3%
Juventus will win
3%

Total votes : 31

Re: [2016-03-16] Bayern Munich vs Juventus

Postby Der Bomber » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:57 pm

https://www.facebook.com/bayerncentral/posts/1277505708930059

Great take on yesterday's match in my opinion.
Der Bomber
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Canada

Postby ottackon » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:04 pm

ottackon
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby bastos80 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:13 pm

Praying for Wolfsburg. At least Benfica or City.
We're not ready for the rest yet. If we get to the SF we'll have Boa and Javi back. Essential.
Sané ---- Lewandowski ---- Gnabry
Davies - Thiago - Kimmich - Dest
Hernández -- Alaba -- Upamecano
--------------- Neuer ----------------
bastos80

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ottackon » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:23 pm

ottackon

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby pyrasur » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:27 pm

quaazi wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Hmm we can never really know. I too believe that Thiago and Coman should have started, but Thiago is not a regular finisher. Putting him in in ET against such a tired team was lethal. Had he started, who could we have put in? Alonso?

Perhaps. But he was cutting it close though. I don't think he was planning on holding Thiago for extra time - and if he was, then it was extremely irresponsible of him. But that's just me.

Felt to me that he wanted to put on Thiago the whole time, but who was he going to take off? He had taken off Xabi Alonso for Coman, and at that point you've got Vidal anchoring Ribery, Costa, Coman and our two strikers. Ribery you gotta trust he's going to pull something out, Costa was the only one doing anything, Coman you just put on for more width, and as we all know you never sacrifice Müller.

I'm still slightly upset with Pep, but not for his tactical decisions which I think I understand. Playing a Xabi - Vidal midfield was a good call considering Juve were the ones that had to come at us, and whatever gameplan we had went out the window with the Alaba-Neuer gaffe that, hey if the Italians get to cry foul, wouldn't have happened had Eriksson given the foul on Kimmich in the runup to the goal. I am disturbed that the team has a tendency towards mental fragility, which whatever the cause the responsibility is the manager's if only because he is the guy at the top.

But if the team gets criticism for weakness in letting Juve cruise to 2-0, they and the manager get points for finding a way back. It's not worth arguing about for me anymore though. Even if I'm upset about anything I'm here to wish the team to win and support the team 100% and nothing less :)
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby KrampusIsReal » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:32 pm

My wife is Italian, Not American Italian, but real Italian and her dad played for Juventus so yesterday was a long day at work watching this thread.

But nothing better than watching the loan from Juve put the dagger in their heart.
Mia San Mia!
Deutscher Fußball Bund! WeltMeisters '54 '74 '90 '14
KrampusIsReal
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:47 pm

KrampusIsReal wrote:My wife is Italian, Not American Italian, but real Italian and her dad played for Juventus so yesterday was a long day at work watching this thread.

But nothing better than watching the loan from Juve put the dagger in their heart.

for the senior team or some youth/reserves?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:52 pm

ottackon wrote:

"Easter service: Jesus does a Bayern" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby KrampusIsReal » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:53 pm

MUTU wrote:
KrampusIsReal wrote:My wife is Italian, Not American Italian, but real Italian and her dad played for Juventus so yesterday was a long day at work watching this thread.

for the senior team or some youth/reserves?

I'm not 100% but I think their youth team
Mia San Mia!
Deutscher Fußball Bund! WeltMeisters '54 '74 '90 '14
KrampusIsReal
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RAJBAYERN » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:09 pm

This victory means a lot for our coefficients. Right now with Juve out and only Lazio surviving in europe, while with Dortmund in Europa League and Bayern in champions league, Bundesliga have all in his favor to secure a place in the top 3 for more years.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby MoFattal » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:12 pm

^ don't forget Wolfsburg.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby albanian7 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:24 pm

RAJBAYERN wrote:
MaCk0y wrote:I think the problem is that Bayern are so used to dominate the opponents that they are not used to get pressured so high up the field and can't deal with it. You see the defenders getting instantly pressured and just pass the ball at the back and to Neuer and going nowhere. That is very risky and playing with fire with one bad pass resulting in a great chance for the opponent. The midfielders and attackers need to drop down and make space for the defenders to pass to. If that still doesn't work, long balls to the attackers is the alternative. This worked quite well against Dortmund in the first match but we had Boateng which shows how essential he is to the team. We need to get the hang of playing against high pressing teams and this goes especially for Barcelona. The problem is that only Dortmund to a certain point do this in Bundesliga and that is actually hurting us big time.

The problem is that our defensive line and defensive midfielders in Bayern have new players and injured players too.

Back in the 2013, Heynckes with the group of Lahm, Dante, Boateng, Alaba, Kroos, Schweinsteiger and Javi Martinez, the team was capable of passing the ball with more confidence against the pressing, specially against the Dortmund of Klopp, who knows that the best form to attack bayern is by pressing.

Without Dante, Kroos and Schweinsteiger who leave, also with Boateng and Javi Martinez injured, as also include that we didnt play at the beginning with Thiago who is a good passer, it was normal that we would struggle in the pressing.

Neuer didnt have a good day in the passing, also the pitch was in bad condition, because the bad weather in the past days.

We have many variables to understand why Bayern wasnt capable to stop the pressing, so what need Pep is to recover players like Boateng and Javi, include Thiago in the starting lineup and pray to have a better condition on the pitch, that for next time Bayern can avoid the pressing.

So the thing that separates Pep from Jupp is the pitch? The snow? Excuse me for asking, but was 2013 a very warm winter for Munich or something? Because it was pretty good here.

The truth is, we got away with many things last night. An offside goal, sloppy passing, two chances in 45 minutes and awful defending. And all that, while they were missing their best players, while our most expensive CB was on pitch. If we had lost last night, would you blame the snow for that? Injuries?

Yes, Boateng was sorely missed, which doesn't mean Alaba should try to pull a Neymar in front of his own goal. I wouldn't blame Boateng for Costa refusing to cross for 70 minutes, Lahm playing as a striker half of the time, both Lewandowski and Müller trying to play hide-and-seek, Alonso starting despite being the slowest midfielder on the planet, Benatia refusing to stick out his leg and intercept and Ribery moving centrally and trying to pass through 10 white shirts.

And the end, you know what bailed us out? Two headers and a counter-attack.

Bayern's last 20 minutes last night were not some Pep minutes. If you think so, then maybe we've watched a different Pep in the last 2.5 years
albanian7
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby RAJBAYERN » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:33 pm

albanian7 wrote:
So the thing that separates Pep from Jupp is the pitch? The snow? Excuse me for asking, but was 2013 a very warm winter for Munich or something? Because it was pretty good here.

Your conclusion is not what I wrote about. The pitch was very wet, this why many juventus players slipped during the game and this could affect the impresicion of Neuer too.

I am not saying that a pitch separate both coaches, but the conditioning of a pitch can affect the game plan of any team.

Thats why I mention it as a variable, you know.. Like math. There exist many variables of why Bayern struggle yesterday and someone have to mention it, the thing here is that Pep and players have to look for solutions in every aspects.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby MUTU » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:39 pm

Juventus' lead didn't last 4-2 long
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby sherpthederp » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:43 pm

MUTU wrote:Juventus' lead didn't last 4-2 long

Hats off to you sir, well played lol.
sherpthederp
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League