You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2016-03-16] Bayern Munich vs Juventus

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:45 pm

Bayern Munich will win
94%
It will end in a draw
3%
Juventus will win
3%

Total votes : 31

Re: [2016-03-16] Bayern Munich vs Juventus

Postby dambun » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:07 am

I know Bayern fans are totally divided over Pep and his tactics... However, regardless of the style of football he commits himself to, I don't think I have ever seen anyone as good as him in reading the game and being able to make small but very effective changes to his tactics... Regardless of whether you like his approach to the game, you should not deny that he is a football genius... He really understands it well...
And I doubt there are more than a couple coaches around who would be able to defeat this Juve over two matches, without even a single fit CB! It's pure magic :lol: :lol:

Having said all that, There is something wrong about our Bayern team during his tenure as head-coach... I don't know why, but it seems that in many matches our team does not start the match fully focused... we start the match off the pace... and suddenly concede a very stupid goal... remember Porto last year?... This can't happen anymore, if we aim to win this thing again.
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby dambun » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:12 am

Regarding Alaba, I think the boy deserves a rest... He has practically played all the matches since the break and was not given a break at all...
These blunders are symptoms of fatigue, whether mental or physical, and there was already signs of this before this match, against BVB and in other matches as well... Let the poor boy sit out a match and have some rest, and he'll be back to his monstrous norm.
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby Bayernbazi » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:52 am

I hope that it is only fatigue and not all this social media rubbish filling up his head. Such as this dumb stunt.
https://www.facebook.com/david.alaba.10888/videos/1024202507638905/
Last edited by Bayernbazi on Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bayernbazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby MUTU » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:00 am

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby quaazi » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:07 am

YlonenXabi wrote:And for those who were already giving up and talking sh!t after the 0-2... you should NOT watch any other Bayern game in CL this season. :|

I fvcking hate this syndrome so many people have here, this desire to talk shit about the team, to root against it. It's human, yeah, to cover all bases, like betting against the team in a tough match so that if they fail, you have at least something to cheer about. But unlike a bet the winnings of which you can bury in beer and comfort food, here you only win the ability to be able to say "I told you so". And there are few things that infuriate other people more than that.

So congrats, assholes. You bet against Bayern and you lost. You lost respect and you lost credibility. Was it worth it for the off chance to gloat over the supporters of a team you supposedly love?
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Bayernbazi » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:08 am

MUTU wrote:What elbow? Only elbow I saw was on Lewandowski.

Enjoy watching the cry babies from moviola land !
http://www.sportmediaset.mediaset.it/calcio/championsleague/la-moviola-di-bayern-juve-eriksson-e-un-disastro-bianconeri-penalizzati_1092076-201602a.shtml

Bayernbazi
I post all the time

Postby quaazi » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:13 am

Pittbay wrote:Also in fairness Pep deserves credit for bringing on Bernat (who also deserves credit for a solid performance.) I was definitely wrong on that one because it helped to solidify the defense significantly. =D>

I'd say it really wasn't Bernat itself, but rather removing Benatia from the pitch that helped. Bernat did exactly the same he's been doing all season - solid and unspectacular - but this time oddly enough people aren't calling for his head... :roll:

One thing I will criticize Guardiola for is his lack of balls to take Benatia off sooner. It was obvious he was dragging down the team (pretty sure I said it here somewhere around 30 minutes too) - without him we may not have had to leave it until the final minute to equalize...
The ideal team

quaazi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby quaazi » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:19 am

endrity wrote:You are either mad or blind or both. If there is one, ONE game, that totally showed why Real let go of Alonso was the Barca game last year. And countless people have pointed to that game. Alonso was falling over, I mean literally falling over himself, after 60 minutes. He could barely run anymore. Instead of being the one player close to everybody in the middle to offer support, he was nowhere to be found and the team kept getting stretched as the game progressed.

Alonso was by far our standout performer that game. Since it was a while ago, let's look at the stats - most touches, most tackles, most interceptions, not a single foul conceded, earned three fouls (joint-best in the team). In fact it's ridiculous how much better he was than the team supposedly supporting him.
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby quaazi » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:26 am

dambun wrote:Having said all that, There is something wrong about our Bayern team during his tenure as head-coach... I don't know why, but it seems that in many matches our team does not start the match fully focused... we start the match off the pace... and suddenly concede a very stupid goal... remember Porto last year?... This can't happen anymore, if we aim to win this thing again.

You're right. It's weird to say after such a comeback, but the team is mentally weak somehow. They're able to come out of tough spots, but way, way too late. In the CL, there's not enough time for that. We've been weak in the first half all season - only the game at Turin bucked this trend - and I don't understand it. If I knew what it was, I'd be on a six-figure salary right now... :|

In any case I'm looking forward to seeing whether this changes next season or not.
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:56 am

La Bestia Negra wrote:It's arguable whether we deserved to go through but props to our team for never giving up! What I've seen from the Juve players is a disgrace, they've been calling Bayern a bunch of Nazis and blaming the loss on the refs. I don't like the fact that their 3rd goal should have been allowed but all the same if a team truly deserves to win the refs should not matter

In the end Juve played well for about 90 minutes (last 30 of the first game and first 60 of the second). We were better in the remaining 120 minutes.Juve looked better because of their first comeback and because they made us look like amateurs yesterday, but all 4 goals were our fault. I think we deserved to go through just for the mentality, but Juve would have deserved it too had they held on.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:03 am

ramsej84 wrote:amazing ... Pep getting the praise... for the great subs...
Had he started with thiago from the first min the game would have ended in the 93rdmin

Hmm we can never really know. I too believe that Thiago and Coman should have started, but Thiago is not a regular finisher. Putting him in in ET against such a tired team was lethal. Had he started, who could we have put in? Alonso?

I think we'd have had a stronger lineup with him on the field, but we can't say how it would have gone. Chances are we'd still have made that early mistake and lost morale.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby endrity » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:16 am

quaazi wrote:
endrity wrote:You are either mad or blind or both. If there is one, ONE game, that totally showed why Real let go of Alonso was the Barca game last year. And countless people have pointed to that game. Alonso was falling over, I mean literally falling over himself, after 60 minutes. He could barely run anymore. Instead of being the one player close to everybody in the middle to offer support, he was nowhere to be found and the team kept getting stretched as the game progressed.

Alonso was by far our standout performer that game. Since it was a while ago, let's look at the stats - most touches, most tackles, most interceptions, not a single foul conceded, earned three fouls (joint-best in the team). In fact it's ridiculous how much better he was than the team supposedly supporting him.

I repeat, he could barely stand on his feet after 60 minutes. He fell over twice in a completely shameful way for a top athlete. That he will have the most touches or tackles is very much a result of the position he plays in rather than an indication of quality.

Some dude playing for West Bromwich or something like that was in the top 3 in pass percentage in Europe last year. I am fairly sure no top club rushed to buy him during the summer, football isn't easily recorded through statistics.

p.s I have written at length this, but I will repeat it again. Alonso is a very good tackler if he is close to a player. He has very good technique and timing as well. What gets him in trouble is that he can't cover ground anymore, so the fact that he is a good tackler in tight spaces is of no use when at Bayern a central midfielder is usually required to defend a counterattack.
The lesson Juve taught everybody with Pirlo is that to counter for a player who loses his legs but still has class, you need two very good runners along him (Vidal, Marchisio/Pogba), and that the team needs to be compact and allow few spaces.
Bayern with Pep does not do that since we are usually dominating possession and throwing the team forward. So a central midfielder that can't run when it's time to defend is a very serious problem. This is a system that gets Boateng, one of the top athletes at the CB position in the world, often in trouble because of the space he has to cover. If Boa has trouble, Alonso is simply toast.
endrity
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby quaazi » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:52 am

endrity wrote:I repeat, he could barely stand on his feet after 60 minutes.

You don't have to though. Unlike you, I don't have problems with basic reading comprehension. But delude yourself all you want. Apparently trying to bring a third, by definition an unbiased factor into this is irrelevant because you thought he wasn't good.
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby quaazi » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:55 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Hmm we can never really know. I too believe that Thiago and Coman should have started, but Thiago is not a regular finisher. Putting him in in ET against such a tired team was lethal. Had he started, who could we have put in? Alonso?

Perhaps. But he was cutting it close though. I don't think he was planning on holding Thiago for extra time - and if he was, then it was extremely irresponsible of him. But that's just me.
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby MatZam » Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:39 pm

Still in shock over last night's result! What a way to end the tie :D
MatZam
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League