You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2016-03-16] Bayern Munich vs Juventus

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:45 pm

Bayern Munich will win
94%
It will end in a draw
3%
Juventus will win
3%

Total votes : 31

Re: [2016-03-16] Bayern Munich vs Juventus

Postby Bayernbazi » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:29 pm

MUTU wrote:
MUTU wrote:Image

This image, tweeted by the official FC Bayern twitter account, has caused huge controversy. Italian media and Juventus fans have attacked Bayern with accusations of making references to Auschwitz. Bayern have since apologised for any misunderstanding.

http://www.tuttosport.com/news/calcio/c ... capolinea/
http://www.tuttosport.com/foto/calcio/2 ... di_calcio/
http://www.tuttosport.com/news/calcio/c ... nde_gaffe/
http://www.tuttosport.com/news/calcio/c ... _juventus/

How typically hypocrite and ignorant of the club's history - I can barely stand the local English supporters frozen in their history bubble but when the Italian ones bring out wwII/nazi card I see red. They seem to forget that they were part of it, but when the tide turned they suffered collective selective amnesia. Selective because 2 of the World Cups they won happened when they were a fascist nation and 1 of them on home soil in which the regime had no little influence in securing it ! So when they show those 2 stars they are carrying that legacy !
They should look closer to home, a couple of years ago I was on holiday in the north of italy and couldn't believe the amount of items with fascist pictures and slogans sold openly in souvenir shops / stands for everyone to see, there was a market which had shelves stocked with wines which had Mussolini & Hitler pictures on them. This is unthinkable in Germany!
Bayernbazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby MUTU » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:31 pm

BriantheBavarian wrote:I thought Mandzukic was out today?

He was and still is doubtful, but is more likely than not to play since he was in full team training already yesterday.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:32 pm

Bayernbazi wrote:They should look closer to home, a couple of years ago I was on holiday in the north of italy and couldn't believe the amount of items with fascist pictures and slogans sold openly in souvenir shops / stands for everyone to see, there was a market which had shelves stocked with wines which had Mussolini & Hitler pictures on them. This is unthinkable in Germany!

You'd get arrested for that in Germany.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:35 pm

Bayernbazi wrote:
MUTU wrote:

This image, tweeted by the official FC Bayern twitter account, has caused huge controversy. Italian media and Juventus fans have attacked Bayern with accusations of making references to Auschwitz. Bayern have since apologised for any misunderstanding.

How typically hypocrite and ignorant of the club's history - I can barely stand the local English supporters frozen in their history bubble but when the Italian ones bring out wwII/nazi card I see red. They seem to forget that they were part of it, but when the tide turned they suffered collective selective amnesia. Selective because 2 of the World Cups they won happened when they were a fascist nation and 1 of them on home soil in which the regime had no little influence in securing it ! So when they show those 2 stars they are carrying that legacy !
They should look closer to home, a couple of years ago I was on holiday in the north of italy and couldn't believe the amount of items with fascist pictures and slogans sold openly in souvenir shops / stands for everyone to see, there was a market which had shelves stocked with wines which had Mussolini & Hitler pictures on them. This is unthinkable in Germany!

Como ?
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Bayernbazi » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:46 pm

MUTU wrote:
Bayernbazi wrote:They should look closer to home, a couple of years ago I was on holiday in the north of italy and couldn't believe the amount of items with fascist pictures and slogans sold openly in souvenir shops / stands for everyone to see, there was a market which had shelves stocked with wines which had Mussolini & Hitler pictures on them. This is unthinkable in Germany!

You'd get arrested for that in Germany.

By the way I didn't want to offend any Italian friends over here, I intended that for the guys who read too much into that photoshop because their brain works in a single direction like those train tracks which offended them !
Because they were never offended by these under their nose at least until last October, I hope that they do the same pressure on their government to pass that law.

If you search 'souvenir fascisti' on google you will be flooded with more splendid examples !
Bayernbazi
I post all the time

Postby Bayernbazi » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:51 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Como ?

Not Como but in every town / village I visited around Lake Garda, I found zio Benito staring back at me from the shelves ! :roll:
Bayernbazi
I post all the time

Postby quaazi » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:12 pm

Italy experienced a different post-WWII catharsis than Germany, though. Considering Mussolini ended up hung on a hook on a market in Milan after two years of de facto exile, their historical baggage has always been (justifiably) smaller.

Hell, it was the job of two Austrians (Hitler and Skorzeny) that Mussolini managed to squeeze out those two years anyway. They should be after Alaba for that one. :mrgreen:
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby JANCKER » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:14 pm

JANCKER

Postby DRvad14 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:16 pm

Mandzukic participated in the muscular warm-up session with his teammates this morning, but was absent for the afternoon workout on the pitch.
DRvad14
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Bayernbazi » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:37 pm

quaazi wrote:Italy experienced a different post-WWII catharsis than Germany, though. Considering Mussolini ended up hung on a hook on a market in Milan after two years of de facto exile, their historical baggage has always been (justifiably) smaller.

Let's not forget that they were the petri dish from where everything came out however! They made the baggage look smaller because of that brillant Mediterranean trait of managing to serve both god and the devil and know the opportune time when to switch! Maybe a genetic instinct left behind by waves of different conquerors along the centuries !
Bayernbazi
I post all the time

Postby zozon » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:39 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:Hello from Munich my friends,i'm super tired from driving all night long,but im here ! My phone is showing 6 degrees,its not so cold.I managed to see some parts of the city, the people are very friendly.I had a few beers,german beer is unique!I already met with Alianz Arena,so many emotions ....I was in Hard Rock Cafe at the Munchen Platzl 1,my uncle told me that this is one of the best pubs in Munich, and he was right!
The adventure continues!
Mia San Mia !

Have a great time dude! Are you from Bulgaria?

edit - nevermind, I found your FB, so i can write in some mixed macedonian - bulgarian:

Поздрав и убав провод приятел!
zozon
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Bayernbazi » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:02 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:Hello from Munich my friends,i'm super tired from driving all night long,but im here ! My phone is showing 6 degrees,its not so cold.I managed to see some parts of the city, the people are very friendly.I had a few beers,german beer is unique!I already met with Alianz Arena,so many emotions ....I was in Hard Rock Cafe at the Munchen Platzl 1,my uncle told me that this is one of the best pubs in Munich, and he was right!
The adventure continues!
Mia San Mia !

Sent from my Lenovo A5000 using Tapatalk

Enjoy and may you witness a legendary game!
Bayernbazi
I post all the time

Postby MaCk0y » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:09 pm

MUTU wrote:

How is this in any way in reference to Auschwitz? It is an Italian expression.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby JANCKER » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:18 pm

It was probably "offensive" in their eyes as it uses Juve's motto... just like when I hated on that photoshopped plane over AA when we played RM that Marca made. But connecting it with Auschwitz is just an Italian thing... they're used to hit below the belt.

Spoiler: show
JANCKER

Postby quaazi » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:24 pm

MaCk0y wrote:How is this in any way in reference to Auschwitz? It is an Italian expression.

They're referencing this, one would imagine.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League