You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2015-05-12] Bayern Munich vs FC Barcelona

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue May 12, 2015 7:45 pm

Bayern Munich will win
51%
It will end in a draw
6%
FC Barcelona will win
43%

Total votes : 35

Re: [2015-05-12] Bayern Munich vs FC Barcelona

Postby Abc456 » Thu May 14, 2015 11:08 am

When will pep correct the mistakes just when?
Super Bayern Fan.
Abc456
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
International Hydrographic Organization

Postby machkover » Thu May 14, 2015 11:49 am

MillaMjau wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!

We get it, Pep. We get it. Messi is the greatest thing since sliced bread. :roll: I can understand that Messi holds a special place in Pep's heart and history but seriously, enough is enough.

come on Pep [-X !!!! that simly means luck of respect for bayern fans . overpraising Mess ridiculises me personally as a Bayern fan :oops: . Pep should be overpraising BAYERN PLAYERS now not HIS ex-players ... !!! i msure Hynks wouldn't hav edared to do it at all . would he ?
GET OFF BAYERN'S WAY TO THE GLORY
machkover
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Thu May 14, 2015 11:50 am

Could it be that we are buying him this summer??
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby sws » Thu May 14, 2015 11:57 am

machkover wrote:

We get it, Pep. We get it. Messi is the greatest thing since sliced bread. :roll: I can understand that Messi holds a special place in Pep's heart and history but seriously, enough is enough.

come on Pep [-X !!!! that simly means luck of respect for bayern fans . overpraising Mess ridiculises me personally as a Bayern fan :oops: . Pep should be overpraising BAYERN PLAYERS now not HIS ex-players ... !!! i msure Hynks wouldn't hav edared to do it at all . would he ?

He praises Bayern players all the time.

"Lahm is the smartest player I've ever coached"

"Badstuber is the best defender I've ever had"

"I'd love to have 1000 Rafinhas"

etc. etc.
sws
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby RedQueen » Thu May 14, 2015 12:04 pm

What's he even talking about, screening rights; LAOLA.TV has the screening rights and their livestream is accessible in Germany.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Dumbledore7 » Thu May 14, 2015 12:04 pm

sws wrote:

etc. etc.

That was Dantes :P Sorry I just had to do it hahaha
Kovac OUT!!!
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Bayernbazi » Thu May 14, 2015 12:07 pm

machkover wrote:

Image PEPHATER alert...Seriously ? A real Bayern fan should not be offended by that ! You should be new at Bayern and yo've got no Mia San Mia in you. <Read with sarcasm but that is what fans (even some of whom have been following bayern since the early 90's - long before mia san mia) are getting for stating the obvious>
Bayernbazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Bayernbazi » Thu May 14, 2015 12:11 pm

sws wrote:
machkover wrote:

etc. etc.

but everything they do Messi can do it better....according to Pep, Messi is the best player of all time.
Bayernbazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby sws » Thu May 14, 2015 12:13 pm

I don't really have a problem with him praising Messi -- what coach doesn't? Even Mou says the same shit. I really didn't like his attitude going into the matches --the second leg in particular-- though.
sws
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Abc456 » Thu May 14, 2015 12:17 pm

Why would guardiola do anything to improve bayern he earns more than any manager in the world he inherited the best team in the world whatever he does to it they will still win the bundesliga. His beloved club is winning the champions league or maybe the treble and he will leave bayern after 1 year and go somewhere else. A win-win situation in whatever he does.
Super Bayern Fan.
Abc456
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
International Hydrographic Organization

Postby sws » Thu May 14, 2015 12:24 pm

Bayernbazi wrote:
sws wrote:
machkover wrote:come on Pep [-X !!!! that simly means luck of respect for bayern fans . overpraising Mess ridiculises me personally as a Bayern fan :oops: . Pep should be overpraising BAYERN PLAYERS now not HIS ex-players ... !!! i msure Hynks wouldn't hav edared to do it at all . would he ?

etc. etc.

but everything they do Messi can do it better....according to Pep, Messi is the best player of all time.

Messi is the best player of all time according to nearly everyone. I think him saying things like "I hope Barca wins the CL" (not sure if he actually said that)/whatever he says about Barca as a whole or Thiago saying "If Bayern don't win the CL, my brother does with Barca" are more worrying than sharing an opinion that nearly everyone shares on an individual player.
sws
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Fénix » Thu May 14, 2015 12:35 pm

RedQueen wrote:What's he even talking about, screening rights; LAOLA.TV has the screening rights and their livestream is accessible in Germany.

In Croatia, too. Don't ask how. :mrgreen:
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu May 14, 2015 12:52 pm

Aequitas1987 wrote:Its easy to be an armchair tactician without going into many details and then blaming the coach. Barcelona has been the possession gods for the last decade, we recently usurped that title from them. When going against Barcelona, everyone knows, especially Pep that when they don't have the ball they are practically shaky all over the pitch.

Then the question arises how do we beat them at their own possession game? Intense pressing in their half and in the middle of the field with constant turnovers and cutting off the supply to their attacking trio. Forcing Barcelona to go for long Lobs/Throughpasses which if our defensive unit works properly beats them by winning the headers or playing them offside.

Then you look at the resulting tactics; the 'sucidal' high line according to some of you peeps is what was absolutely necessary to execute these tactics to perfection, provided that our pressing was as intense as the last half of the tie. We didn't do that level of pressing in the first half and we played poor offisde traps due to Benatia/Boateng/Rafinha/Bernat having lack of chemistry. Trust me you throw either Martinez (if fully fit) or Alaba along with Benatia and Boateng and the offisde trap would have worked flawlessly.

And for all you people who think we should have played differently, what is your grand alternative tactically? Jupp's Bayern? Look at the players he had to his disposal compared to Pep. We didn't have the width he had with Robbery. Jupp played a contained pressing game, where he lulled Barcelona into a certain area and then aggressively pressed as a unit to win the ball and go for the counter. Do you see any fast players outside of Muller for us to counter with? You want to counter with Muller, Schweinsteiger, Gotze? Not going to happen. Secondly, giving possession to this Barcelona team and allowing their front three to link up is just asking to be slaughtered. All three individually are giant threats and the more time you give them on the ball the more dangerous they get, stopping all three is not easy at all.

Guardiola got the tactics almost right; maybe Martinez should have started in the 3 man defense. If most of the team were fitter (Thiago, Lahm, Schweinsteiger, Lewandowski, Alonso, Benatia) then our pressing game could have been better and we would have won this tie similar to Jupp's Bayern. Lack of chemistry, injuries and lack of fitness for the high intensity pressing game are to blame.

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Badger » Thu May 14, 2015 1:05 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:
Aequitas1987 wrote:Its easy to be an armchair tactician without going into many details and then blaming the coach. Barcelona has been the possession gods for the last decade, we recently usurped that title from them. When going against Barcelona, everyone knows, especially Pep that when they don't have the ball they are practically shaky all over the pitch.

Then the question arises how do we beat them at their own possession game? Intense pressing in their half and in the middle of the field with constant turnovers and cutting off the supply to their attacking trio. Forcing Barcelona to go for long Lobs/Throughpasses which if our defensive unit works properly beats them by winning the headers or playing them offside.

Then you look at the resulting tactics; the 'sucidal' high line according to some of you peeps is what was absolutely necessary to execute these tactics to perfection, provided that our pressing was as intense as the last half of the tie. We didn't do that level of pressing in the first half and we played poor offisde traps due to Benatia/Boateng/Rafinha/Bernat having lack of chemistry. Trust me you throw either Martinez (if fully fit) or Alaba along with Benatia and Boateng and the offisde trap would have worked flawlessly.

And for all you people who think we should have played differently, what is your grand alternative tactically? Jupp's Bayern? Look at the players he had to his disposal compared to Pep. We didn't have the width he had with Robbery. Jupp played a contained pressing game, where he lulled Barcelona into a certain area and then aggressively pressed as a unit to win the ball and go for the counter. Do you see any fast players outside of Muller for us to counter with? You want to counter with Muller, Schweinsteiger, Gotze? Not going to happen. Secondly, giving possession to this Barcelona team and allowing their front three to link up is just asking to be slaughtered. All three individually are giant threats and the more time you give them on the ball the more dangerous they get, stopping all three is not easy at all.

Guardiola got the tactics almost right; maybe Martinez should have started in the 3 man defense. If most of the team were fitter (Thiago, Lahm, Schweinsteiger, Lewandowski, Alonso, Benatia) then our pressing game could have been better and we would have won this tie similar to Jupp's Bayern. Lack of chemistry, injuries and lack of fitness for the high intensity pressing game are to blame.

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Great post and deserved applause.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby endrity » Thu May 14, 2015 1:27 pm

Where the hell does this idea come from that in order to beat Barca you take away the ball from them? Who ever did that? You beat Barca by parking a f'ing bus in front of them and trying to hit them on the counter. It's how everyone has done it, including teams that had a lot less talent than what we had available for these two games but made up for it in defensive discpline.

Not even Wenger on a bad night's sleep would think to make up for its shortcomings against Barca by going all out against them and trying to win posession. In fact we did win posession, but we got absolutely slaughtered.

In fact I am more than willing to bet that Juve will do a good job of containing them by doing exactly the same.
endrity
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League