You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2021-09-29] Bayern Munich vs Dynamo Kyiv

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:00 pm

Bayern Munich will win
100%
It will end in a draw
No votes
FC Dynamo Kyiv will win
No votes

Total votes : 7

Re: [2021-09-29] Bayern Munich vs Dynamo Kyiv

Postby MUTU » Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:35 am

YlonenXabi wrote: It blows my mind reading so many complaints regarding the player selection when we are thrashing every team without mercy

It's all the more reason to rotate when you're thrashing every team. It's when you desperately need points that you don't afford to play fringe players.

For example Roca, was it absolutely necessary for him to spend 90 minutes on the bench yesterday? Would it have been so terrible had he come on for Kimmich around the 70th minute? We all know how much Kimmich runs every match and had shown signs of fatigue already this season. We were cruising in this match and you have Roca who's yet to play a single minute under Nagelsmann. When's he going to get his chance, when Kimmich is out injured and he'd be thrown in at the deep end?
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby bastos80 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:05 am

Absolutely amazing how good our counters were yesterday.
---------------Lewandowski
------------Sané - Müller - Gnabry
------------Goretzka - Kimmich
Davies - Hernández - Upamecano - Süle
--------------------Neuer
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:18 am

archymen wrote:Sane this season is pure joy to watch. Hard to believe that he is still the same Sane we had last year
Yup, gotta swallow my words there
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:21 am

YlonenXabi wrote:Let's not forget that the team had no rest after winning the treble and two weeks later they were playing again.

This season everyone looks fresher and Nagelsmann is doing a fantastic job. It blows my mind reading so many complaints regarding the player selection when we are thrashing every team without mercy =P~
This!

We struck gold with Nagelsmann, he’s succeeded in keeping all the good of Flick, adding to it (counterattacks and subs), and getting rid of the bad (defence). But ABSOLUTELY NOTHING OF THAT means Flick wasn’t one of the best coaches in Bayern history. It’s easy to lose perspective when you have two greats so close to each other - it’s the same thing Pep had when he came right after Jupp.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:33 pm

bastos80 wrote:Absolutely amazing how good our counters were yesterday.

No better weapon to destroy all of your opponents.
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby zozon » Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:33 pm

Nobody is questioning the player selection, but we are questioning why Kimmich and Goretzka gotta play for 90 minutes every game, even if the game is long over.

Please save this post when fatigue kicks in in March/April and the most season-defining matches come. God forbid some of them injures himself, will we expect Roca, Sabitzer or Tolisso to step in, when they would have 1000 minutes played COMBINED.

I get that both of them extended just now and there are appearance-related bonuses, but Julian has to show balls and rest them, if they are not conscious enough about playing every single game fron start to finish.
zozon
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby CiriacoS » Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:19 pm

I wouldn’t lose sleep over this. I have to say Nagelsmann is managing the squad extremely well until now. I am positively surprised. He is very smart in this respect.

Although he is a new coach at the club, he is not reinventing the team. He is very well aware that this team is well drilled, highly skilled and with a lot of intelligent players. Therefore, instead of making some unnecessary experiments, like Pep would do for example, Nagelsmann is trying to fine tune what is already working very well. He is actually addressing the issues under Flick and he is doing that extremely well.

In addition, he is aware that rotation would be crucial at later stage of the season. Now its important that the team is used to each other, he knows that a good start will give him a lot of credit for the rest of the season where defeats may occur here and there. Therefore, he is now focussed on paving the road for the crucial part of the season.

Nagelsmann knows that this squad has a lot of players bigger than him. Therefore he knows that if he wants to have the slightest chance to succeed he has to win them over first. He is on a very good path to do that.
CiriacoS
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:44 am

zozon wrote:Please save this post when fatigue kicks in in March/April and the most season-defining matches come. God forbid some of them injures himself, will we expect Roca, Sabitzer or Tolisso to step in, when they would have 1000 minutes played COMBINED.

I get that both of them extended just now and there are appearance-related bonuses, but Julian has to show balls and rest them, if they are not conscious enough about playing every single game fron start to finish.

But you also need to understand that players like Kimmich or Lewandowski are very ambitious and want to play every minute. It is very difficult to manage game time and keep everyone happy

If JN shows "balls" and subs them off every now and then they will for sure not be happy and I'd rather keep Kimmich and Lewy happy as long as they continue to deliver.

And games like this when we are leading by a big margin are not that phisically demanding and the players truly enjoy playing those extra minutes.
- Hansi Legend Flick -
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby MUTU » Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:19 am

We're supposed to be THE club with managers showing balls. :mrgreen:
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby pers » Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:44 pm

MUTU wrote:We're supposed to be THE club with managers showing balls. :mrgreen:

Showing balls shouldn’t mean stupidity tho. For example Lewandowski seems to be very aware of his body and physicality and it looks like he ask for unplanned subs even tho it was not planned before if he feels something is wrong.
pers
Getting the hang of it

Postby MUTU » Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:46 pm

pers wrote:

Showing balls shouldn’t mean stupidity tho. For example Lewandowski seems to be very aware of his body and physicality and it looks like he ask for unplanned subs even tho it was not planned before if he feels something is wrong.

It was a reference to Van Gaal, mate
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:08 pm

pers wrote:

Tell me you weren’t a Bayern fan 10 years ago without telling me you weren’t a Bayern fan 10 years ago. :P
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby pers » Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:37 am

[/quote]Tell me you weren’t a Bayern fan 10 years ago without telling me you weren’t a Bayern fan 10 years ago. :P[/quote]

I wasn’t born in Munich and I’m not German as well so I wouldn’t call myself Bayern fan at all ;) Supporter seems more fair. I still hope I can express my opinion here tho…
pers
Getting the hang of it

[2021-09-29] Bayern Munich vs Dynamo Kyiv

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:14 am

pers wrote:I wasn’t born in Munich and I’m not German as well so I wouldn’t call myself Bayern fan at all ;) Supporter seems more fair. I still hope I can express my opinion here tho…
Of course! I was only joking as everyone who followed the team when the Van Gaal incident happened would have understood MUTU’s reference immediately. Doesn’t make any difference that you didn’t, a supporter’s worth is not measured by how long they’ve followed a team.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Previous

Return to UEFA Champions League