You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2020-08-08] Bayern Munich vs Chelsea

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.
 

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:00 pm

Bayern Munich will win
6
86%
It will end in a draw
1
14%
Chelsea F.C. will win
0
No votes
 
Total votes : 7

Re: [2020-08-08] Bayern Munich vs Chelsea

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:07 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:It's most likely gonna be Odriozola.
No way....
I am sure that he is not better than me when I was his age ...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 49037
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 32494 times
Been thanked: 7065 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2020-08-08] Bayern Munich vs Chelsea

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:17 pm

nm462272 wrote:It's gotta be Kimmich, No other choice...
Lewy
Coman-Müller-Gnabry
Thiago-Goretzka
Davies-Alaba-Boateng-Kimmich
Neuer

What should have been our primary formation anyways, or at least close to it.

Unfortunately, I think some BS with youth product playing RB or Goretzka playing RB is more likely given Flicks preference for Kimmich in MF.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk
User avatar
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 8268
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:15 pm
Has thanked: 3661 times
Been thanked: 3267 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2020-08-08] Bayern Munich vs Chelsea

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:26 pm

I guess that we will find out in our friendly vs Marseille :!:
User avatar
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 12536
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:53 am
Location: Guernsey
National Flag:
Spain
Has thanked: 3935 times
Been thanked: 4022 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: [2020-08-08] Bayern Munich vs Chelsea

Postby IsiahRashad » Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:14 pm

Most like I'll think it's going to be Kimmich. I'm not trusting the game against Marseille to see what Flick have in his mind, since he said that even Niklas Süle will play in that game - and he's someone who's not going to start against Chelsea.

Either way:
- Tolisso played as a RB for a good amount of time in Lyon (less likely - he's out of form);
- Boateng can play as a RB (some games with the National team - too slow at this age);
- Gnabry can play as a RB (played half a season in Hoffenheim - but we're going to need him on offence);

The sad thing is a lot of people realise now (when he picked up the injury) that Pavard is super important part of our team - one of the most consistent and dirty working players on the pitch.
Salihamidžić: “Correct. Dayot Upamecano will play for FC Bayern for the next five years."
User avatar
IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 10705
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:38 pm
National Flag:
Bulgaria
Has thanked: 5362 times
Been thanked: 5649 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2020-08-08] Bayern Munich vs Chelsea

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:43 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:Most like I'll think it's going to be Kimmich. I'm not trusting the game against Marseille to see what Flick have in his mind, since he said that even Niklas Süle will play in that game - and he's someone who's not going to start against Chelsea.

Either way:
- Tolisso played as a RB for a good amount of time in Lyon (less likely - he's out of form);
- Boateng can play as a RB (some games with the National team - too slow at this age);
- Gnabry can play as a RB (played half a season in Hoffenheim - but we're going to need him on offence);

The sad thing is a lot of people realise now (when he picked up the injury) that Pavard is super important part of our team - one of the most consistent and dirty working players on the pitch.
Pavard is not really that important, we just have our best RB playing somewhere else because he is a little spoiled bitch.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk
User avatar
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 8268
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:15 pm
Has thanked: 3661 times
Been thanked: 3267 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2020-08-08] Bayern Munich vs Chelsea

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:57 pm

I think Pavard is a solid defender and does his job as RB. But the reason why we're screwed is because we don't have a proper replacement and not because he is a key player or something
User avatar
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 12536
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:53 am
Location: Guernsey
National Flag:
Spain
Has thanked: 3935 times
Been thanked: 4022 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: [2020-08-08] Bayern Munich vs Chelsea

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:20 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:It's most likely gonna be Odriozola.

I also think so though I disagree. It’s the choice that disrupts the team least.
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 40796
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 13861 times
Been thanked: 10983 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2020-08-08] Bayern Munich vs Chelsea

Postby vtotheinay » Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:22 pm

If flick is fully insistent on Kimmich playing DM, I could see him trying out Davies at RB (if he can handle the spot, it'd be a good match up to have him defending vs Pulisic down that side) then going Alaba LB and Hernandez CB. I would prefer not to get creative at this point though, but I suppose if it's just for a match until Pavard is healthy it could potentially work. Rather just have Kimmich play it for the one match and let Thiago, Goretzka, Muller handle the MF.
vtotheinay
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 553
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:32 pm
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 242 times
Been thanked: 372 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2020-08-08] Bayern Munich vs Chelsea

Postby sherpthederp » Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:45 pm

vtotheinay wrote:If flick is fully insistent on Kimmich playing DM, I could see him trying out Davies at RB (if he can handle the spot, it'd be a good match up to have him defending vs Pulisic down that side) then going Alaba LB and Hernandez CB. I would prefer not to get creative at this point though, but I suppose if it's just for a match until Pavard is healthy it could potentially work. Rather just have Kimmich play it for the one match and let Thiago, Goretzka, Muller handle the MF.

I think moving Davies to cover would be a terrible decision. His low crossing from the left is one of our most important attacking tools. Taking him off of his strong foot could potentially cripple us. Out of the 2 id rather put Alaba on the right since his crossing has been terrible the last couple years anyways, being inverted would help him throw inswinging long balls across the field.

Realistically I’d much rather see Kimmich out at RB and Thiago and Goretzka in midlfield. Odriozola has been terrible for us sadly and would cripple our right side.
sherpthederp
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2152
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:40 pm
Location: Tacoma, Washington
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 1048 times
Been thanked: 1536 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2020-08-08] Bayern Munich vs Chelsea

Postby IsiahRashad » Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:55 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:I think Pavard is a solid defender and does his job as RB. But the reason why we're screwed is because we don't have a proper replacement and not because he is a key player or something


This is a big reason why he's so important.
Salihamidžić: “Correct. Dayot Upamecano will play for FC Bayern for the next five years."
User avatar
IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 10705
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:38 pm
National Flag:
Bulgaria
Has thanked: 5362 times
Been thanked: 5649 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2020-08-08] Bayern Munich vs Chelsea

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:01 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:I think Pavard is a solid defender and does his job as RB. But the reason why we're screwed is because we don't have a proper replacement and not because he is a key player or something
Yes. But before moving Kimmich to MF, we had 3 MFs (Thiago, Tolisso and Goretzka; 5 if you count Cuisanse and Javi) and 2 RBs (Kimmich and Pavard). Now we have 6 MFs and 1 RB (2 if you count Odriozola, which I don't).

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk
User avatar
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 8268
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:15 pm
Has thanked: 3661 times
Been thanked: 3267 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2020-08-08] Bayern Munich vs Chelsea

Postby #12 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:27 pm

One player... ONE! And shit starts to go down... Don’t you EVER again dare possess the audacity to antagonize me for pointing out poor squad planning/transfers!
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 24633
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 1225 times
Been thanked: 5592 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2020-08-08] Bayern Munich vs Chelsea

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:24 pm

We're 4 matches away from the Treble :wink:

Go back to your cave.
User avatar
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 12536
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:53 am
Location: Guernsey
National Flag:
Spain
Has thanked: 3935 times
Been thanked: 4022 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: [2020-08-08] Bayern Munich vs Chelsea

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:00 am

vtotheinay wrote:If flick is fully insistent on Kimmich playing DM, I could see him trying out Davies at RB (if he can handle the spot, it'd be a good match up to have him defending vs Pulisic down that side) then going Alaba LB and Hernandez CB. I would prefer not to get creative at this point though, but I suppose if it's just for a match until Pavard is healthy it could potentially work. Rather just have Kimmich play it for the one match and let Thiago, Goretzka, Muller handle the MF.
Davies as RB could be a dangerous move... I believe that he will be at a greater risk of committing dangerous fouls ,
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 49037
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 32494 times
Been thanked: 7065 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2020-08-08] Bayern Munich vs Chelsea

Postby America USA » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:26 am

I think Kimmich will struggle against Pulisic as he did sometimes in the past when Bayern played Dortmund. Kimmich vs Pulisic will be very dangerous given the former is 1 yellow card away from a suspension.

Davies should play at RB if Pavard is out for a long time.
User avatar
America USA
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3590
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:15 pm
Has thanked: 625 times
Been thanked: 1086 times

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AhrefsBot [Bot] and 4 guests