You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2018-02-20] Bayern Munich vs Beşiktaş

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:45 pm

Bayern Munich will win
85%
It will end in a draw
8%
Beşiktaş J.K. will win
8%

Total votes : 13

Re: [2018-02-20] Bayern Munich vs Beşiktaş

Postby America USA » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:05 pm

prasun77 wrote:I was talking about the actual wars..the medieval ones..

Are they still fighting with bows & arrows and swords & spears in South Asia? :lol:
And as MUTU said, how does a modern warfare weapon come into play during medieval wars? :-s

Getting the discussion back on topic, one thing Thomas has over Robben is his ability to interchange during the game causing all sorts of confusion. He can go in the middle, Coman can go to the right and James to the left. With Robben though it is a given that he will play on the RW and occasionally switch to the LW.

Anyway you look at it, both are excellent players and it is a nice problem to have to accommodate two quality players. Could be worse, could be Arsenal who don’t have a single top quality winger :?
Last edited by America USA on Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

Postby MUTU » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:08 pm

America USA wrote:Are they still fighting with bows & arrows and swords & spears in South Asia? :lol:

If Robben was a medieval weapon he'd be a bow and arrow. Very fast and with only one trick.
Mueller would be a sword.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:27 pm

MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby prasun77 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:35 pm

MUTU wrote:
America USA wrote:Are they still fighting with bows & arrows and swords & spears in South Asia? :lol:

If Robben was a medieval weapon he'd be a bow and arrow. Very fast and with only one trick.
Mueller would be a sword.

Exactly..you start with bow and arrows and grenades (or what we use can be called as cannon in english) then when enemy is near and not yet dead then use guns and swords.
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby America USA » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:20 pm

Besiktas away form is great. Cannot take them lightly and must keep a clean sheet. Hopefully the team brings its A game and does the job in the first leg itself (like Liverpool and Man City).
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:04 pm

MUTU wrote:
prasun77 wrote:but we can't leave the grenade at home can we? Its the most potent weapon in a war..Pistol can take down only one at a time which is not sufficient in a war..grenade can effectively end the battle is used properly.

Between taking the grenade with you and using it there's a big difference. Taking the grenade with you means including Robben in the matchday squad, not necessarily in the starting XI. If you're going to war, before you sense the presence of the enemy, do you hold your pistol or your grenade in your hand?
I'm loving this metaphor :'D

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:09 pm

prasun77 wrote:
MUTU wrote:
Would you seriously go around with the grenade in hand? Have you seen any war movie ever? What if you go round a corner and find yourself face-to-face with the enemy, would you throw the grenade at your feet while you scramble for your gun? Not to mention that you need to wait for the 3 ticks before the grenade goes off. You'd be long dead by then.

A grenade is only useful when you sneak up on a bunch of enemies (like in a bunker) so you can take them out one by one. In which case, you put the pistol aside, take out the grenade, remove the pin, wait some 2 seconds and then throw the grenade.

Western wars are different than wars in the east..here the enemies lineup face to face against each other and then on receiving the order from their general charge straight at each other..so my idea would be to throw the grenade at the beginning while they are charging and take as many out as possible and also throw them off then if they manage to reach near then use the pistol..

In fact this has worked many times in the past wembley or against man united if you remember then against real madrid..I don't remember any special muller moments in really big games..
Dude. Back then Robben was not a grenade. He was a rocket launcher with at least 5 missiles on it. But present day Robben is a single grenade, which may or may not explode when thrown.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:18 pm

With their Kamikaze players like Pepe and Medel their only tactic is going to be to injure our players and to provoke fights and red cards...
Vidal and Ribery will be at great risk... I wouldn't start Ribery at all

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:25 pm

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/a-g ... hare=other

Hahahaha he was going to sell them to Besiktas fans probably
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby IsiahRashad » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:44 pm

I'm expecting this:

I'm almost 100 % sure that Vidal is going to start,Thiago will probably play 10-15 minutes, depending on the result. Ribery should be on the bench,at last Coman was rested against Wolfsburg and he's going to throw some bodies on the left side.

James + Müller - this combination was the only one that was working even under Carlo this season,for such an important game it's best for Bayern to play them together.

Senol Günes know how to play against big clubs, for a lot of people this game is looking "eazy e", but Besiktas is using (just like Bayern) - very high pressing, and we saw against Schalke that we're not sure how to play against that type of defense.

The key player for them is Talisca. It's important to play Martinez/Vidal or at least one of them against him, because if you leave him open - his left foot is deadly.

I'm sure that Coman is going to be MOTM if Gönül starts from the first minute.
IsiahRashad

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby machkover » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:55 pm

Sword or arrow ? Grenade or pistol ? Whatsoever Jupp tries ,we shall rip Bissextiles twice .Lol .
GET OFF BAYERN'S WAY TO THE GLORY
machkover
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby DRvad14 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:13 am

DRvad14
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Bayernbazi » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:05 am

MUTU wrote:http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/a-german-football-fan-loses-127-tickets-bayern-munich-v-besiktas-after-leaving-them-his-car?share=other

Hahahaha he was going to sell them to Besiktas fans probably

I hope that Bayern are not so naïve and will end up playing 2 away matches :evil:
During yesterday's press conference we've also had Hummels boasting that he's even got 2 tickets for a couple of his Turkish friends who support Besiktas.

These Besiktas supporters have really got on my nerves with their entitlement which I don't remember seeing from any other previous opponent's supporters. They show how backwards they are by flooding Bayern's official facebook pages with Turkish flags and Erdogan pictures but the most tasteless one is the picture with Jupp Heynckes tombstone.
Bayernbazi
I post all the time

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:21 pm

Germans (most of them) have become the Champions of idiocy so don't be to surprised if bayern end up playing away today... actually I am sure of it.

P.S coming to the club?
Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:34 pm

I sure hope that the majority of the predicted lineups online are wrong and that Jupp fields Coman in place of Ribery. The latter has been taking up a lot of time on the left wing recently, which very little to show for. I think it's time to give Coman the go-ahead.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Lebanon

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League