You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2018-02-20] Bayern Munich vs Beşiktaş

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:45 pm

Bayern Munich will win
85%
It will end in a draw
8%
Beşiktaş J.K. will win
8%

Total votes : 13

Re: [2018-02-20] Bayern Munich vs Beşiktaş

Postby MUTU » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:28 pm

America USA wrote:

Don’t know if Jupp would start Thiago in a big CL KO game so soon after his return to the first team. Martinez played full 90 mins at CB today so he could be tired to play as soon as Tuesday. Tolisso or Rudy could get a start, if Bayern play 4231.

Yes, that's the formation.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Coman » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:24 pm

4-3-3 : Neuer - Kimmich Boateng Hummels Alaba - Goretzka Thiago James - Robben Lewandowski Gnabry
3-5-2 : Neuer - Boateng Hummels Alaba - Thiago - Kimmich Goretzka James Coman - Müller Lewandowski
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
International Atomic Energy Agency

Postby Achilles » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:41 pm

I feel that this will be the line-up, Jupp takes no chances, full -balanced- squad. Might start Robben(?) over Muller and that's it I think.
I suppose that Thiago was subbed off because of precaution, he just recovered after a serious absence and 60' were enough to start.
Martinez might played a full game but he has no problems to keep up with and he was rested against Paderborn and Schalke.

We need a clear score from the start so we can be more relaxed and rotated at Turkey which is always a hostile and tricky ground.
Ideally a two-goals lead score!
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby DRvad14 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:52 pm

Can't see tweet? Click here!

Joshua Kimmich, Corentin Tolisso and Sebastian Rudy are a booking away from a ban.
DRvad14
I post all the time

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:40 pm

DRvad14 wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!

Joshua Kimmich, Corentin Tolisso and Sebastian Rudy are a booking away from a ban.
Wtf
https://twitter.com/FCBayernEN/status/9 ... 0682531842

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby IsiahRashad » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:35 pm

IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Coman » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:45 pm

DRvad14 wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!

Where do you find it ? UEFA site ?
4-3-3 : Neuer - Kimmich Boateng Hummels Alaba - Goretzka Thiago James - Robben Lewandowski Gnabry
3-5-2 : Neuer - Boateng Hummels Alaba - Thiago - Kimmich Goretzka James Coman - Müller Lewandowski
Coman
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
International Atomic Energy Agency

Postby IsiahRashad » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:12 pm

IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:19 pm

Kimmich should get an intentional yellow on the first leg against Besitkas. We can't afford him not being available latter on.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby prasun77 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:15 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:Kimmich should get an intentional yellow on the first leg against Besitkas. We can't afford him not being available latter on.

If we are comfortably through else if we field rafinha in the second leg and the game is in balance then there would be no quarter finals to begin with..

As far as team is concerned as I have said..Robben is a must..so I would prefer something like this..

Muller would come up after 60 mins for thiago with james dropping back then. We are in Allianz arena so it should be cool.
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:25 pm

prasun77 wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:Kimmich should get an intentional yellow on the first leg against Besitkas. We can't afford him not being available latter on.

If we are comfortably through else if we field rafinha in the second leg and the game is in balance then there would be no quarter finals to begin with..

As far as team is concerned as I have said..Robben is a must..so I would prefer something like this..

Muller would come up after 60 mins for thiago with james dropping back then. We are in Allianz arena so it should be cool.
Robben shouldn't start anymore. Müller is more valuable and James is undroppable (putting him in CM destabilizes the MF, so that shouldn't be considered for a serious game).

Seriously dude, can't understand how people fail to see that Robben is no longer effective. He has 1 or 2 brilliant flashes per game, but he spends the rest of the match ineffectively trying to cut in.

PunkCapitalist

Postby prasun77 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:56 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:Seriously dude, can't understand how people fail to see that Robben is no longer effective. He has 1 or 2 brilliant flashes per game, but he spends the rest of the match ineffectively trying to cut in.

If he would be scoring or successfully cutting in every time he attempts it then we would be looking at a cricket score isn't it?
We don't need to make a case for Robben..to be blunt..Robben is the most direct player and the biggest goal threat after Lewandowski..the mentality and experience are a bonus..
I want to fit Muller in but there is literally no spot in the squad as you can see..dropping james back might destabilize midfield but I was suggesting that only after 60 mins and if we are dominating the game..else Muller can come in for James or Robben or Coman whoever is ineffective later..to get starts muller has to find his nose for goal again..which he IS starting to find but still a long way to go..
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:23 pm

prasun77 wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:Seriously dude, can't understand how people fail to see that Robben is no longer effective. He has 1 or 2 brilliant flashes per game, but he spends the rest of the match ineffectively trying to cut in.

If he would be scoring or successfully cutting in every time he attempts it then we would be looking at a cricket score isn't it?
We don't need to make a case for Robben..to be blunt..Robben is the most direct player and the biggest goal threat after Lewandowski..the mentality and experience are a bonus..
I want to fit Muller in but there is literally no spot in the squad as you can see..dropping james back might destabilize midfield but I was suggesting that only after 60 mins and if we are dominating the game..else Muller can come in for James or Robben or Coman whoever is ineffective later..to get starts muller has to find his nose for goal again..which he IS starting to find but still a long way to go..
I'm not saying he should score on every chance. I'm saying he does not threaten at all for long stretches of the match. More often than not he just can't beat the mark to even get to a shooting position. Müller ist a much more valuable player than a Robben who can't execute his one move anymore.

PunkCapitalist

Postby prasun77 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:57 pm

Ok then shall we be a bit brave and go for 4-1-4-1 in Allianz Arena? I am all for that..James can track back..Muller can..besiktas don't have too much pace up their sleeve..let's go for it then.
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:33 pm

It would be fine against Besitkas, but later on Javi+Thiago, Javi+Vidal or Thiago+Vidal are the way forward IMO. 4141 without a proper regista and with 2 attackers just doesn't work. BVB pulled it off with Weigl and Gündogan as one of the 10's, but Weigl is a proper regista (!=DM) and Gündogan a proper midfielder (not an attacker like James or Müller). Pep IS also doing it at Shitty, but both Tuchel and Pep are very possession/positionaly-oriented. Jupp favors a more direct approach which I can't see being reconciled with a 4141.

For me it ultimately boils down to Robben or Müller on the lineup and for me it's a very clear "Müller". Every other spot more or less chooses itself. Which two between Vidal, Javi and Thiago starts largely depends on availability in form, but 2 out of those have to start. James unbenchable. Coman or Ribery on the left (should be Coman). Defense is obvious...

We suffered playing this 4141 every time Jupp tried it, and it was against poor sides. Against a big team, we just can't put that on the field; we would get murdered.

PunkCapitalist

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League