You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2018-10-02] Bayern Munich vs AFC Ajax

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:00 pm

Bayern Munich will win
100%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Ajax Amsterdam will win
No votes

Total votes : 5

Re: [2018-10-02] Bayern Munich vs AFC Ajax

Postby Dumbledore7 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:31 pm

MUTU wrote:
Dumbledore7 wrote:Would've thought he could cut inside those traffic jams.

The accelerator pedal is on the right though. :mrgreen:

So? Outside boot left foot mate.
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby #12 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:21 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:Niko Kovač on the talk about a 'mini crisis' at Bayern: "We are all spoiled for success. Of course, my mood was clouded after Friday's defeat but I don't give it a big importance. It wasn't all sunshine after the first 7 wins, and it's not time to question everything now. Ajax is a very big club. They have a great time with good players and individual quality. But we are at Allianz Arena and we want to show a reaction. All players are fit, Leon Goretzka as well.

Kovač on Jérôme Boateng: It would be far too easy to single him out for the goals. But we also made mistakes in midfield that led to their goals. However, you all want to criticize the last player who was involved in it.

Kovač on Effenberg's critics over too much rotation: Yes, that's also easy to criticize now. After 7 wins in 7 games, everything was fine but now after 2 games without a win, it's suddenly a problem.

Kovač on the problem of chance conversion: We are working on it in training every day. We work hard, but sometimes you also need a bit of luck. Quality is certainly there. Arjen Robben knows Dutch football very well and is very motivated. He wants to show what he can do tomorrow.

Arjen Robben did not show up for the press conference.

Is he jerking off to those 7?
You played garbage, wake up!

If he keeps that attitude he’s not gonna improve, ever...

Young coaches should be allowed to make mistakes, but we've had enough stubborn idiots in recent years... Time fir a little flexibility!
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby IsiahRashad » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:27 pm

Can't see tweet? Click here!

Check out the comments. :|
IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby #12 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:34 pm

Fuck no, if he does that he should be sacked at HT...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Roonzil » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:10 pm

I'm fully expecting this line-up. Kovac will go with experience, and no doubt play Robbery. The only one I could see different would be Goretzka for Javi, as Thiago has done a better job at the 6 than Javi, and Goretzka is a more speedy/powerful 8 than our big Spaniard.
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
Roonzil
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby MUTU » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:25 pm

Roonzil wrote:I'm fully expecting this line-up. Kovac will go with experience, and no doubt play Robbery. The only one I could see different would be Goretzka for Javi, as Thiago has done a better job at the 6 than Javi, and Goretzka is a more speedy/powerful 8 than our big Spaniard.

Goretzka has just recovered from injury while Martinez is well-rested. I'd like to think like you but I think the chances of Javi starting are big.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:28 pm

What I'd play #MUTU4HeadCoach:

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:59 pm

MUTU wrote:What I'd play #MUTU4HeadCoach:

Almost worse
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby BayernSupporter » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:13 pm

Play Robben for sure. He will eat Ajax, since he played for PSV(he is a true Groningen supporter, but still) so he has enough reason to demolish them.

Also the wonderboy De Jong wont play, which is a HUGE advantage for us. The kid has a lot of potential.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
BayernSupporter
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby Jorge » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:22 pm

For US viewers that miss the days of the Champions League on Fox Sports and refuse to subscribe to Turner Sports Streaming (since TNT mainly shows English and Spanish teams), The Bayern - Ajax Game will be live on Galavision. Since Univision Deportes subleases selected games from Tuner Sports we got lucky this time.
Jorge
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby Ed. » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:56 am

#12 wrote:So I disagree... We are in a severe crisis, not just looking at results alone, but we are unable to set up opportunities in a creative way with precision and panache...

Yup, not creative enough and when Lewandowski is man marked the rest are not clinical enough. A double whammy that is pointing to a season with a lack of goals upfront. I don't see how that will change anytime soon.

We are not going to be beating even the cannon fodder in the BL 5-6 zip as we used to.
I see a really narrow and hard fought win coming up against Ajax.
Ed.
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:30 am

Roonzil wrote:I'm fully expecting this line-up. Kovac will go with experience, and no doubt play Robbery. The only one I could see different would be Goretzka for Javi, as Thiago has done a better job at the 6 than Javi, and Goretzka is a more speedy/powerful 8 than our big Spaniard.

I'd rather go with James due to Goretzka's minor injury.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Jorge » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:27 am

IsiahRashad wrote:Kovač on Jérôme Boateng: It would be far too easy to single him out for the goals. But we also made mistakes in midfield that led to their goals. However, you all want to criticize the last player who was involved in

Thiago for getting on the wrong side of the player who started the play but that was so faraway from goal that quite a few things should have worked to stop them and you can't deny that the low hanging fruit is the low hanging fruit for a reason. If you want to be fair and share responsibilities Boateng was over 90% responsible for both goals.
On the other hand, I do not see the crisis unless that we lose to Ajax and I am happy seeing "too much rotation" at this stage in the season. It comes with the problem of this kind of setback but long term it gives the coach valuable knowledge of what each piece can do for the team. It's better to have the discussion now than later in the season.
Jorge
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:51 am

I am fearing the worst...
first of is that BMG are our boogie team... and the game is exactly after a UCL match!
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:16 pm

Sanches should be played on the wing where he can unleash his running potential and downright smash down whichever fullback dares rub elbows with him. Just say'n.

(Plus he can cut inside and shoot inverted. :P )
tflags

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League