You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2018-10-02] Bayern Munich vs AFC Ajax

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:00 pm

Bayern Munich will win
100%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Ajax Amsterdam will win
No votes

Total votes : 5

Re: [2018-10-02] Bayern Munich vs AFC Ajax

Postby MUTU » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:30 pm

#12 wrote:If you want Ribéry to track back the sane way today you better have a sub ready and warmed up around the 15th minute...

No, didn't they recently make endurance and stamina tests and both Ribery and Robben made the top 6? Ahead of Kimmich.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Birthday

Postby Fénix » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:59 pm

MUTU wrote:
#12 wrote:If you want Ribéry to track back the sane way today you better have a sub ready and warmed up around the 15th minute...

No, didn't they recently make endurance and stamina tests and both Ribery and Robben made the top 6? Ahead of Kimmich.

If that so, why have they been performing so bad as they're performing all the time? One would expect them to see closest to period 2009-2014. :?

In case of Rib & Rob, both display on the pitch and stats justify fans' extreme disappointment.
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:46 pm

MUTU wrote:

Oh, so this is why Ribery is fighting for his life after the 65th minute ?
IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby aterford » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:31 pm

tflags wrote:I don't think the CBs are entirely to blame yesterday. On the first goal I felt Thiago was someplace else doing an 8 while the wings got double teamed. On turnovers, it got messy. To top things off, the pivots got pressured to hell forcing Neuer to make Lewandowski the target man . . . just above the circle!

If you have to make the keeper your playmaker and draw your "9" to the center of the pitch, you've got issues.

Boateng DID have his worst game ever not because he caused a dubious penalty or because he felt to a positioning trap (along with Hummels apparently) but because he misplaced passes left right and center arguably without pressure. It got really annoying. Where the game vs Hertha his crosses landed nowhere, yesterday his passes led straight to Ajax. And that was unforgiveable.

Yes, there were a number of problems, and they all kinda compounded on each other.

First you've got the the midfield of Javi-Thiago-Müller. Which for all intents and purposes is a midfield of Javi and Thiago.
So there are a couple of issues here right from the get-go.
1. Javi is just not fast enough any more. He's never been a quick player, but he's even slower now. This resulted in (like in previous matches) Thiago basically being asked to cover the 6 and the 8.
2. It's a problem because we've seen that Thiago is by far our best 6. So when we ask him to play more of an 8 (but still having to cover the 6) it just weakens us.
3. Since Müller plays so far forward (to his credit he did track back some, but he played as more of a forward than a midfielder) - you've also got Thiago basically being asked to play the 6, the 8, AND the 10.

And then you have some problems stemming from the wings.
Namely: Teams simply aren't scared of Robbery anymore. They don't have to respect them the way they used to.
1. We see this in the way teams mark them. It's more true of Ribery than Robben, but still some truth in both. They can mark them pretty loose, just contain to the touchline, and know that the majority of the time at worst they'll give up a corner when Franck blasts it off their shins.
2. We see the impact on how our forwards - if you've got to choose between putting more effort into marking Lewy or putting more effort into marking Robbery - teams will focus Lewy every time.
3. We see some impact in our fullbacks. They're having to push forward more and act as pseudo-wingers, which in turn...
4. Hurts our CBs. the fullbacks are spending more time in an advanced position and Javi is too slow to react and cover, as mentioned. So you've basically got a lot of situations where two CBs are being asked to cover way more ground than they should be.
5. Causes the midfield to struggle a little too. They're very limited in where they can outlet the ball to and are forced into more defensive actions as our wingers keep giving the ball away.

All in all, there are a lot of issues to go around, but i really think with a pair of fresh wingers you'd see improvements in virtually every phase. I don't think it'd be a total miracle fix, but I think you'd see Lewy looking better, a more structured/dangerous midfield, and a more organized defense, for starters....
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby aterford » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:34 pm

MUTU wrote:

I have to wonder about the context for this. Like....does this mean they run a marathon faster? That they can jog continuously for a longer period of time? How does that translate to an actual on-pitch real-game measure? Just the eye-test tells me that Robben and Ribery (again, more so Ribery) gets tired out a LOT quicker than other players, definitely more than Kimmich. Maybe that's the rigours of the position, but I don't know...I think they both are clearly much more dangerous looking as impact subs at this point.
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Roonzil » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:11 pm

Another thing I noticed yesterday, and as far as I can tell it hasn't come up yet....but how on earth did the Ajax support out-sing an entire Bayern stadium for almost the ENTIRE match?? Support seems almost as dreadful as the team performance.
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
Roonzil
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby aterford » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:17 pm

Roonzil wrote:Another thing I noticed yesterday, and as far as I can tell it hasn't come up yet....but how on earth did the Ajax support out-sing an entire Bayern stadium for almost the ENTIRE match?? Support seems almost as dreadful as the team performance.

TBH, pretty much everything about the match bar the kits had us looking like the away team...
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford

Postby #12 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:42 pm

aterford wrote:
Roonzil wrote:Another thing I noticed yesterday, and as far as I can tell it hasn't come up yet....but how on earth did the Ajax support out-sing an entire Bayern stadium for almost the ENTIRE match?? Support seems almost as dreadful as the team performance.

TBH, pretty much everything about the match bar the kits had us looking like the away team...

They played goal music for us!!!

Seriously, I wouldn’t support this embarrassment as well... Thank god I rejected my tix...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Previous

Return to UEFA Champions League