You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2018-10-02] Bayern Munich vs AFC Ajax

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:00 pm

Bayern Munich will win
100%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Ajax Amsterdam will win
No votes

Total votes : 5

Re: [2018-10-02] Bayern Munich vs AFC Ajax

Postby #12 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:38 am

MUTU wrote:
tflags wrote:Meanwhile Boateng had his worst game on a football shirt. Not even that fall vs Messi was as embarrassing as today's display.

On your favourite stats site, they gave 'worst game on a football shirt' Boateng a match rating of 6.73 and your favourite player Thiago an even-worse 6.72. :oops:

Didn’t feel like a good game from Boateng, but worst? Idk
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:40 am

#12 wrote:
MUTU wrote:
tflags wrote:Meanwhile Boateng had his worst game on a football shirt. Not even that fall vs Messi was as embarrassing as today's display.

On your favourite stats site, they gave 'worst game on a football shirt' Boateng a match rating of 6.73 and your favourite player Thiago an even-worse 6.72. :oops:

Didn’t feel like a good game from Boateng, but worst? Idk

It wasn't even the worst match from him since the Oktoberfest started.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby tflags » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:47 am

MUTU wrote:

Anyway I think (most of) our problems would be solved if only we had a mobile attacker who is able to move around and unmark himself.

Your point being?
tflags

Postby MUTU » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:51 am

tflags wrote:
MUTU wrote:

Anyway I think (most of) our problems would be solved if only we had a mobile attacker who is able to move around and unmark himself.

Your point being?

That it's unfair to single out a player simply because he's not your favourite. There were a number of players who let us down yesterday, notably Boateng, Thiago, Ribery and Robben. I'm also going to add Martinez to the list because his (lack of) speed made it easy for Ajax.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:52 am

MUTU wrote:It wasn't even the worst match from him since the Oktoberfest started.

This from the guy who thinks Kroos is the best midfielder on earth and KVP was on a par with Altintop.

I rest my case.
tflags

Postby tflags » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:55 am

MUTU wrote:That it's unfair to single out a player simply because he's not your favourite.

Jerome Boateng has been my favourite German central defender (along with Hummels) since Africa 2010. I like him so much I called him many times to play even as a striker here. He's on my signature for crying out loud.

But you are so frustrated and finding discussions on the forum today it seems you don't know what else to do. :roll:
tflags

Postby MUTU » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:58 am

tflags wrote:
MUTU wrote:It wasn't even the worst match from him since the Oktoberfest started.

This from the guy who thinks Kroos is the best midfielder on earth and KVP was on a par with Altintop.

I rest my case.

No this coming from everyone. And I don't know who KVP even is.
And yes, the majority of BayernForum users still think Kroos > Thiago. [source]
But I don't understand why you have to bring him up again. My point is that Boateng had a much worse match against Hertha Berlin, if anything he conceded a silly penalty and was also at least partly to blame for the 2nd goal. It wasn't anywhere as bad yesterday, at least that's what I felt. He even made some contributions going forward with crosses into the box.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:05 am

MUTU wrote:
tflags wrote:

I rest my case.

But I don't understand why you have to bring him up again.

You and this forum keep calling Kroos the "best midfielder on earth" (hell, you created a comparison thread fcol) and he keeps screwing games up. :roll:

KVP is a gross mistake by me. I meant KPB. Jerome's half brother.
tflags

Postby Ollio » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:08 am

I thought Boateng spent most of the match covering for Kimmich and Javi, he didn't look good but was kinda forced to leave some gaps.
Ollio
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Finland

Postby tflags » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:10 am

MUTU wrote:
tflags wrote:

I rest my case.

But I don't understand why you have to bring him up again. My point is that Boateng had a much worse match against Hertha Berlin, if anything he conceded a silly penalty and was also at least partly to blame for the 2nd goal. It wasn't anywhere as bad yesterday, at least that's what I felt. He even made some contributions going forward with crosses into the box.

Not to follow up on another pointless discussion, which you seem to keep bringing up; but it seems you are trying to find corrections for everyone today instead of bringing up your own.

Why don't you write what you thought of yesterday's games instead of going around picking up discussions with everyone?
tflags

Postby Ollio » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:31 am

tflags wrote:
MUTU wrote:
tflags wrote:This from the guy who thinks Kroos is the best midfielder on earth and KVP was on a par with Altintop.

I rest my case.

Not to follow up on another pointless discussion, which you seem to keep brining up; but it seems you are trying to find corrections for everyone today instead of bringing up your own.

Why don't you write what you thought of yesterday's games instead of going around picking up discussions with everyone?

Aren't discussions the whole point of this platform? Write on your diary if you don't want to discuss.
Ollio
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Finland

Postby tflags » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:51 am

tflags wrote:I wish I was an Ajax fan tonight. If I was, I would have been extremely proud of that team and specially that coach. I haven't seen such a flawless execution of a tactical plan as I did starting on the 15". Man I wished that was our coach.

Holly f*ck. That's Erik ten Hag! I remember writing about him back in the day. Thank you b!tches for reminding everyone he USED to coach the second team. . . Damn I can spot talent when I see it. :mrgreen:
tflags

Postby America USA » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:16 pm

Saw the highlights, James should’ve scored in the 76th minute. It was literally a tap in :twisted:
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Roonzil » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:18 pm

tflags wrote:
tflags wrote:I wish I was an Ajax fan tonight. If I was, I would have been extremely proud of that team and specially that coach. I haven't seen such a flawless execution of a tactical plan as I did starting on the 15". Man I wished that was our coach.

Holly f*ck. That's Erik ten Hag! I remember writing about him back in the day. Thank you b!tches for reminding everyone he USED to coach the second team. . . Damn I can spot talent when I see it. :mrgreen:

Before Kick-Off Ten Hag explained his game plan on Dutch TV (they usually do this..it's weird), and his main points were to draw Hummels away from his position (usually the task of Van de Beek), so Boateng would be alone in defending. He specifically mentioned how they were going to attempt to exploit the lack of speed of our backline.

Go watch their goal again: game plan executed perfectly.
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
Roonzil
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:21 pm

Roonzil wrote:
tflags wrote:

Before Kick-Off Ten Hag explained his game plan on Dutch TV (they usually do this..it's weird), and his main points were to draw Hummels away from his position (usually the task of Van de Beek), so Boateng would be alone in defending. He specifically mentioned how they were going to attempt to exploit the lack of speed of our backline.

Go watch their goal again: game plan executed perfectly.
That is why we need Pavard
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League