You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2018-10-02] Bayern Munich vs AFC Ajax

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:00 pm

Bayern Munich will win
100%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Ajax Amsterdam will win
No votes

Total votes : 5

Re: [2018-10-02] Bayern Munich vs AFC Ajax

Postby Bavarian_Kielbasa » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:15 am

^ To piggy back

Unlike Real, Bayern is scraping by which is the worse position to be in long term. We are in a self-induced coma. I have yet to attend my Soccer Pub for a match this season and I didn't get a kit. I labeled it WC hangover but maybe I'm just finding the product stale. If we as fans feel this way imagine the players whom are attending practice everyday and interacting with each other/media.

I still plan to regain interest after my Baseball teams playoff run ends but I'm getting that 1st Half Carlo vibe where none of this really matters until Winter Break. I can just tune in 3 months and it will all be a fresh slate of rotations/tactics and maybe even players/coaches. So why bother as someone living so far away from the team and central fan base?
Bavarian_Kielbasa
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby Jorge » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:25 am

Bavarian_Kielbasa wrote:^ To piggy back

Unlike Real, Bayern is scraping by which is the worse position to be in long term. We are in a self-induced coma. I have yet to attend my Soccer Pub for a match this season and I didn't get a kit. I labeled it WC hangover but maybe I'm just finding the product stale. If we as fans feel this way imagine the players whom are attending practice everyday and interacting with each other/media.

Real have their own problems: 2 defeats and 1 draw in the last 3 games.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby Jorge » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:33 am

I only have one question: when Lewandowski said that he wanted to be surrounded by world class players (like him): did he decide to blend with the rest or the rest decided to blend with him?
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby aterford » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:17 am

Jorge wrote:I only have one question: when Lewandowski said that he wanted to be surrounded by world class players (like him): did he decide to blend with the rest or the rest decided to blend with him?

I have been plenty critical of Lewy, but recently it seems that teams are coming to terms with the fact that they just don't have to respect our wingers anymore. Whenever we start Robbery - like today - teams put far more effort into marking Lewy (and by extension, Müller) because they don't feel they have to worry about Robbery that much. I'm sure there are still some legitimate complaints to make about Lewandowski but I think a big problem is the fact that teams can now "Afford" to focus more on marking him than they could in the past - and of course service has been meh. it seems Ribery's biggest attacking strength nowadays is to run to the touchline and hoof it with the hopes it'll bounce off a defender for a corner.
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tflags » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:11 am

I wish I was an Ajax fan tonight. If I was, I would have been extremely proud of that team and specially that coach. I haven't seen such a flawless execution of a tactical plan as I did starting on the 15". Man I wished that was our coach.

The way they closed down on the pivots; how they followed Robben and nullified Ribery. The open door walk ins to the area. Those back-track triangles to set up the running man on the right flank. =D>

Meanwhile Boateng had his worst game on a football shirt. Not even that fall vs Messi was as embarrassing as today's display. [-X

(PS: Do you think Heynckes unplugged his land line tonight? I would have if I were him. Just say'n)
tflags

Postby Roonzil » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:33 am

Dutch TV showed a moment in last night’s game where Ribery failed to get past Ajax’s LB. After which, their LB went to give his teammate a low five, and clearly said “he’s never going to get past me anyway”. The most striking thing there: he said it very nonchalantly and “matter of fact”ly....

That’s the state of our wings. A 20yo kid isn’t even hyped he can hold off Ribery..it’s just a nuisance he has to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
Roonzil
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby MUTU » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:39 am

Left back?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Roonzil » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:57 am

MUTU wrote:Left back?

Yes, or at least he played in that position...
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Roonzil
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby Dumbledore7 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:20 am

Lukas wrote:Best bit was Neuer's bizarre save where he stuck out his foot and volleyed it away

Ulreich would've nutmegged himself if he attempts that shit.
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby MUTU » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:35 am

Roonzil wrote:

What was a left back doing tackling Ribery though?
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Ollio » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:48 am

MUTU wrote:What was a left back doing tackling Ribery though?

Ribery was so easy to dispossess, he could do it across the field.

Jorge wrote:Real have their own problems: 2 defeats and 1 draw in the last 3 games.

Yeah, I think they've had a tendency to struggle from time to time, especially early in the season if I my memory serves me right (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) right before they go and conquer Europe. We can't be compared to them anymore, not even Barca. We are, like a certain Italian manager once said, winning the Bundesliga with our hands in our pockets. Barca or Real don't have it that easy. We are now like PSG and as someone said, the future looks a lot like Arsenal if something doesn't change.
Ollio
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Finland

Postby Roonzil » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:54 am

MUTU wrote:
Roonzil wrote:

What was a left back doing tackling Ribery though?

*cough* Rightback....my left and right is always f*cked up LMAO :lol:

Roonzil
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby MUTU » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:05 am

Ah ok that makes sense. So you're talking about Noussair Mazraoui, the MOTM.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:18 am

tflags wrote:I wish I was an Ajax fan tonight. If I was, I would have been extremely proud of that team and specially that coach. I haven't seen such a flawless execution of a tactical plan as I did starting on the 15". Man I wished that was our coach.

The way they closed down on the pivots; how they followed Robben and nullified Ribery. The open door walk ins to the area. Those back-track triangles to set up the running man on the right flank. =D>

Meanwhile Boateng had his worst game on a football shirt. Not even that fall vs Messi was as embarrassing as today's display. [-X

(PS: Do you think Heynckes unplugged his land line tonight? I would have if I were him. Just say'n)

Erm aren’t Robbery nullifying themselves these days??
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:37 am

tflags wrote:Meanwhile Boateng had his worst game on a football shirt. Not even that fall vs Messi was as embarrassing as today's display.

On your favourite stats site, they gave 'worst game on a football shirt' Boateng a match rating of 6.73 and your favourite player Thiago an even-worse 6.72. :oops:

Anyway I think (most of) our problems would be solved if only we had a mobile attacker who is able to move around and unmark himself.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League