You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2018-10-02] Bayern Munich vs AFC Ajax

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:00 pm

Bayern Munich will win
100%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Ajax Amsterdam will win
No votes

Total votes : 5

Re: [2018-10-02] Bayern Munich vs AFC Ajax

Postby aterford » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:50 am

Don't take this as me saying "Sack Kovac if we lose" because that's not my intention.
Just for my own curiosity.

How much of a 'leash' do you think Kovac has? What circumstance (if any) would see him sacked before the end of the season?

(Again, not calling for his head, just interested to hear you guys' thoughts on how much patience the bosses would show with him)
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby gumboduncan » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:39 am

First of all. The team isn't in any type of a crises at the moment. Even if we loose the match against Ajax (which I'm 100% certain we won't), we still aren't in any crises mode.

The draw against FC Augsburg was a match that we should've finished with a win, but Augsburg got a very lucky break with Neuer's mistake. Yeah, Kovac made poor choices with his substitutes but that happens from time to time. If Neuer wouldn't have lost that cross we would've won.

The loss against Hertha was different. Hertha played extremely organized and were very efficient. A poor tackle from Boateng and then poor positioning from Boateng in the second was very costly. We were poor in front of the goal, missed several good chances. Not much Kovac could've done IMO.

I'm expecting a very goof performance against Ajax to put us back on track. Regarding the boards patience for Kovac. I think they'll give him this season in order to evaluate his performance, unless of course everything goes up in flames. Kovac seems to have the squad under control. He seems to have the senior players on his side and that's very important for a manager. I'm at least very happy with Kovac's performance so far.
In Kalle I trust
gumboduncan
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iceland

Postby #12 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:30 am

aterford wrote:Don't take this as me saying "Sack Kovac if we lose" because that's not my intention.

How much of a 'leash' do you think Kovac has? What circumstance (if any) would see him sacked before the end of the season?

(Again, not calling for his head, just interested to hear you guys' thoughts on how much patience the bosses would show with him)

After how they sold him to us they’ll do the usual: stick to him longer than they should...

I'm not allowed to post criticism, so I'll leave it at "Dortmund a year ago" - you know how to use google yourself...

Although, to be fair, he’s not the one who extended the geezers...

If he doesn’t lose to a third tier team in Pokal or fuck up this ridiculous CL group he is safe till Christmas...
There’s plenty of time but I don’t see him turn this around - I said something about Robbery being poison for us, not even talking about how they add little to our game...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:37 am

gumboduncan wrote:First of all. The team isn't in any type of a crises at the moment. Even if we loose the match against Ajax (which I'm 100% certain we won't), we still aren't in any crises mode.

The draw against FC Augsburg was a match that we should've finished with a win, but Augsburg got a very lucky break with Neuer's mistake. Yeah, Kovac made poor choices with his substitutes but that happens from time to time. If Neuer wouldn't have lost that cross we would've won.

The loss against Hertha was different. Hertha played extremely organized and were very efficient. A poor tackle from Boateng and then poor positioning from Boateng in the second was very costly. We were poor in front of the goal, missed several good chances. Not much Kovac could've done IMO.

I'm expecting a very goof performance against Ajax to put us back on track. Regarding the boards patience for Kovac. I think they'll give him this season in order to evaluate his performance, unless of course everything goes up in flames. Kovac seems to have the squad under control. He seems to have the senior players on his side and that's very important for a manager. I'm at least very happy with Kovac's performance so far.

We HAD no good chances in Berlin, and definitely not "several" - seriously?!?
Kraft made no single active save in that game... Not one!

So I disagree... We are in a severe crisis, not just looking at results alone, but we are unable to set up opportunities in a creative way with precision and panache...

And again, I don’t know how Kovac will fix this with Coman injured and him not having the guts to bench either of the geezers...

We will probably win this, but I once again expect anything but a convincing, attractive game...
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby America USA » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:07 pm

aterford wrote:Don't take this as me saying "Sack Kovac if we lose" because that's not my intention.

Are you and “at_sunshine” user on Bavarian Football Works (SB Nation) the same person? :-k
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby MUTU » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:40 pm

#12 wrote:Kraft made no single active save in that game... Not one!

Kraft made TRIPLE the amount of saves that Neuer did. Triple. Not to mention that Neuer had to be wary of LESS than a quarter of off-target shots.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:48 pm

We had TWO shots on target... I wonder how that’s possible...

If you defend this shit, no wonder I come off as negative... Say what you want that was a bad game, especially on offense... If that’s a violation of rule too negative, ban me, I will not call this a good game...

I will admit though that Hertha was very efficient (helped by our lackluster defending), the problem is that even though the grew visually tired towards the end, we were unable to just do half of what for example Dortmund did yesterday...

(Just fyi I was already ridiculing them - I don’t just jump to conclusions with Bayern, but as of now they are deserved leaders... )
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:50 pm

#12 wrote:We had TWO shots on target... I wonder how that’s possible...

If you defend this shit, no wonder I come off as negative... Say what you want that was a bad game, especially on offense... If that’s a violation of rule too negative, ban me, I will not call this a good game...

I will admit though that Hertha was very efficient (helped by our lackluster defending), the problem is that even though the grew visually tired towards the end, we were unable to just do half of what for example Dortmund did yesterday...

(Just fyi I was already ridiculing them - I don’t just jump to conclusions with Bayern, but as of now they are deserved leaders... )

We had three shots on target, all of which Kraft saved. Neuer had three shots on target to save too but only saved one.

Therefore Kraft saved triple the amount of saves as Neuer.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Effenberg777 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:50 pm

keeping sanches in the team shows how cheap bayern started to be. they do it to recover some of the 40 mil, they hope after some games at bayern they cansell him for 10 mils or so. if anyone sees anything else then I tell you there are another thousamds of young playerthat cost 4 mils playing better than him. running like a bull then stop and walk with his hands raised asking for apass everytime is kind idiotic
Effenberg777
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
El Salvador

Postby #12 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:07 pm

MUTU wrote:
#12 wrote:We had TWO shots on target... I wonder how that’s possible...

We had three shots on target, all of which Kraft saved. Neuer had three shots on target to save too but only saved one.

Therefore Kraft saved triple the amount of saves as Neuer.

I cannot for the life of me remember a third one but let’s say there was... Still about 50% of what one should be able to expect without being called unreasonable... Right?
So still a bad game, let's call a spade a spade...

We dominated, but we never controlled the game... This shouldn’t happen to the most experienced team in Bundesliga...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby gumboduncan » Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:52 pm

What was Robben's chance and Lewandowski's header then? Both chances were very good chances to score. Robben's esp. it was a clear cut chance.
In Kalle I trust
gumboduncan
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Iceland

Postby #12 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:08 pm

gumboduncan wrote:What was Robben's chance and Lewandowski's header then? Both chances were very good chances to score. Robben's esp. it was a clear cut chance.

Those are the two I counted buddy... ;)

You people are very biased against me

I still cannot think of a third...

I actually think Robbens was tough to convert... Not impossible but tough...

Lewa just headed into Kraft...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:17 pm

Robben's was not the other shot on goal though... Can’t remember who it was...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby DRvad14 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:12 pm

DRvad14
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:37 pm

America USA wrote:
That’s our strongest lineup atm. Need to win this at all costs after the shit show that was last week!

Hmm... I think our best lineup needs Muller behind Lewandowski right now.

As I said I didn't watch the games vs Schalke and Augsburg and tbh I don't even know whether Muller played, but I felt he was missed vs Hertha compared to what we see in games earlier this season.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League