You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2009-04-08] Barcelona vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:04 pm

Barcelona will win
32%
It will end in a draw
35%
Bayern Munich will win
32%

Total votes : 37

Re: [2009-04-08] Barcelona Vs Bayern

Postby Snyde » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:25 pm

On the topic of left back:

1.) Yes, I forgot during my earlier posts that Abidal is indeed injured. IMO it is a big loss though some here have said that he is useless I would say that is incorrect. He is 'offensively useless'. Defensively speaking, he is a valuable part of the defense which gives us balance. Plus before his injury he had played really well. (though the previous season he wasn't good defensively either)

2.) Our options include Sylvinho, a left back more suited to attacking, average (or slightly below) at defending but slow due to his age; Caceres, a young and fast center back very good in tackling but prone to mistakes, he can, contrary to what someone here said, play at left back and has played there before but he hasn't many games under him and I doubt he'll be played; Finally, we may play Puyol, yes you read that right, PUYOL. He has played there before this season and was infact very good and contributed both in attack and defense. If he is played there, we will play a back four of Puyol--Marquez--Pique--Alves. It would give us balance and is my preferred option. However Puyol has to be fit before that and he is expected to be fit just before this game.

On the topic of mentality:

Not many fans underestimate Bayern, less underestimate the effect of the second leg played away surely the players and coaches won't be. Plus in CL QF onwards any team can beat the other on their day. It would be a classic European night that is for sure.
Snyde
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCB_Maestro » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:19 pm

Hello everyone, Barca Fan here, I come in peace ! :P I have great respect for your club and I believe you guys have a squad full of quality players, Klose, Lahm, Toni, Podolski, Shweinstiger (don't know how to spell that), Van Bommel, and ofcourse Frank Ribery who I pray will come to Barca in the future. Anyways I'm looking forward for the the big Barça-Bayern clash .. and may the best team win !

Snyde is that you ? :o
FC Barcelona Representitive
FCB_Maestro
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SilentStrike » Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:20 pm

yea, u and snyde prolly know each other from the barca forum :P

klose is out for the match btw,
Aux Champs-Élysées
Aux Champs-Élysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie
À midi ou à minuit
Il y a tout ce que vous voulez
Aux Champs-Élysées
SilentStrike
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Netherlands
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby vxg7826 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:40 am

SilentStrike wrote:yea, u and snyde prolly know each other from the barca forum :P

Bear in mind you Barca fans that we have rocket left wing players: Lahm-Ze-Ribery-Podolski = They all have something in common "SPEED+DRIBBLINGS"
vxg7826
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Blaugrana » Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:39 am

So, no chance of seeing Kloni tandem in Barcelona? How do Bayern fans feel about the most recent controversy surrounding Prinz Poldi and Ballack?
Blaugrana
Hey, I'm new here!

Postby FCB_Maestro » Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:40 am

vxg7826 wrote:
SilentStrike wrote:yea, u and snyde prolly know each other from the barca forum :P

Bear in mind you Barca fans that we have rocket left wing players: Lahm-Ze-Ribery-Podolski = They all have something in common "SPEED+DRIBBLINGS"

Yes we are fully aware of that. But you should also keep in mind that we have one of the best right wings in the world (Dani Alves+Messi) That's why I said it'll be a very interesting match when your left wing goes head-2-head with our right wing ;)
FCB_Maestro
Getting the hang of it

Postby MrLinky » Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:23 am

Blaugrana wrote:no chance of seeing Kloni tandem in Barcelona?

No , he probably won't make it for the secong leg either. Which is a pretty big advantage for you , cause he's been our most consistent and reliable striker up front this season , currently one of the top goal-scorers in the CL. He's the type of striker that doesn't just score goals , but also make runs , works defensively , dribbles and creates dangerous situations in the box , so him missing is a pretty big hit for us.

Blaugrana wrote:How do Bayern fans feel about the most recent controversy surrounding Prinz Poldi and Ballack?

Podolski was behaving childishly and immature, you don't slap your captain in the face while millions of people are watching , just because he was giving you tactical advises and was telling you to work more defensively. Kuranyi for example was kicked out of the national team for a lot less (he left the game of the German NT at half-time , for those of you who don't remember the incident) , so to be honest I think Poldi should have been suspended as well , but he got lucky. Instead they "just" made him donate 5000 euro for some charity organisation. I hope he learned from this incident and will use his brain next time.

FCB_Maestro wrote:That's why I said it'll be a very interesting match when your left wing goes head-2-head with our right wing ;)

That's the face-up I'm looking forward to the most. Should be a joy to watch.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby thulkazal » Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:03 pm

how it looks for bayern it doesnt stand well ahead match but hope history come xD after one lose it come 2 or 3 win xD
thulkazal
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:19 pm

The team needs to regain its form. 5-1 loss against Wolfsburg was definitely too big, and the win against Karlsruhe was a bit lucky as well....

Still, at least that might make Barca underestimate Bayern, which is something we definitely want. The loss against Wolfsburg was a little expected. Klinsi said himself that they could only start preparing for the game yesterday due to international duties, but there can be no excuse for the trashing they gave us. :( I just hope the team doesn't lose its morale. I'm sure we can still beat Barcelona.
Kovac OUT!!!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCB_Maestro » Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:52 am

Barça won their league match yesterday as you know (0-1) Eto'o the scorer by an assist from Xavi. This is a good result for us as we don't usually do well after international breaks but we did well this time and got the 3 points. We rested some key players (Messi and Alves) came in the second half in min.60. Touré as well wasn´t played as he didn´t fully recover yet but he should be ready by Wednesday. Henry was on the bench to but didn't play at all.

I was surprized to hear you guys lost 5-1 .. I know you guys we're resting players and taking it easy for the CL match, but still 5-1 is way too much for a team with so much quality.

Anyways Barça are in good form I can say, so if all goes well you could expect this line-up:

---------------------------Valdés--------------------------
Alves---------Márquez-----------Piqué----------Puyol
------------------------Yaya Touré-----------------------
--------------Xavi-------------------Iniesta--------------
Messi---------------Samuel Eto'o--------------T.Henry

Go Barça !!!
FCB_Maestro
Getting the hang of it

Postby shwas55 » Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:16 pm

FCB_Maestro wrote:
I was surprized to hear you guys lost 5-1 .. I know you guys we're resting players and taking it easy for the CL match, but still 5-1 is way too much for a team with so much quality.

Sadly our players had their minds on the Barca match. Lack of concentration led to Individual mistakes that were behind all Wolfsburg's goals.

Taking nothing away from them but the score line doesnt really reflect the match, they just made the most out of our mistakes and scored 4 goals within 15min (two goals in the 62 and 63 min, and the other two came in the between the 73-77 mins).

The match yesterday showed how poor our forward line without Klose. I just hope Toni and Poldi can find some chemistry between them for before the match.
shwas55
I post all the time

Postby FCB_Maestro » Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:41 pm

shwas55 wrote:
FCB_Maestro wrote:

Sadly our players had their minds on the Barca match. Lack of concentration led to Individual mistakes that were behind all Wolfsburg's goals.

Taking nothing away from them but the score line doesnt really reflect the match, they just made the most out of our mistakes and scored 4 goals within 15min (two goals in the 62 and 63 min, and the other two came in the between the 73-77 mins).

The match yesterday showed how poor our forward line without Klose. I just hope Toni and Poldi can find some chemistry between them for before the match.

I certainly hope they don´t :p lol .. I just read a match report and you guys had a strong line-up to my surprize, Ribery, Toni, Podolski .. Btw, I read Lucio got injured ? Will he be fit for the Barça match ? I hope not .. that guy is a monster in defense and he's by far the best center back who can go forward.
FCB_Maestro
Getting the hang of it

Postby reiniksrobis » Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:02 pm

FCB_Maestro wrote:Btw, I read Lucio got injured ? Will he be fit for the Barça match ? I hope not .. that guy is a monster in defense and he's by far the best center back who can go forward.

I hope he will. Because Van Buyten and Lucio is doubtful. And we are to put Demichelis as CDM, so we need another 2 CB's. And now Goal.com reports that Ribery and Lahm is also doubtful... If it's true, I can say for 90% we are out of CL :@ I would love this line-up- Rensing-Oddo,Lucio,Van Buyten, Lahm- MvB, Demichelis - Schweini,ZE,Ribery- Toni :o

Ribery are king of football.
reiniksrobis
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:54 pm

Guys, we have a problem with injuries, and it sounds pretty serious:

Defence department:
Lahm - the best LB in the world (?)... calf muscle injury, doubtful.
Lucio - the pillar in defence... muscle strain, should be fit.
van Buyten - still in Belgium on leave... apparently his father had a suicide attempt.

Midfield department:
Altintop - still out.
Ribery - the greatest Bayern player... he's got a foot injury and is doubtful.

Attacking department:
Klose - our best striker this season, definitely out.
Toni - just back from injury, not 100% fit.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby thulkazal » Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:32 pm

well I just hope lahm gonna be rdy for ribery I think we play better without him ...

anyway question did ribery just become bayern CR ? Last season I was so proud that he isnt acting so lame like CR do,but this season he is crap as player and his personality is X.x
thulkazal
I'm a chatterbox!

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League