You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2018-12-12] AFC Ajax vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.
 

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:00 pm

Ajax Amsterdam will win
0
No votes
It will end in a draw
0
No votes
Bayern Munich will win
2
100%
 
Total votes : 2

Re: [2018-12-12] AFC Ajax vs Bayern Munich

Postby America USA » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:42 am

Anyone who’s arguing about Boateng being “Top quality” or “World Class” is an idiot of the highest level and such an opinion deserves ridicule and contempt IMO.

Also, you don’t seem to understand the concept of hyperbole. I didn’t literally mean that users should be banned for opinions.

Finally. Re: Jeong and other Youngsters getting playing time ahead of the past it players. I think Bayern should start playing youngsters who show promise instead of has beens like Boateng and Ribery. Bayern have a rigid policy of NOT spending astronomical amounts during the transfer window (which I’m ok with) but at the same time Bayern are not brave enough to start giving our youth a chance to see what they’re made of. The youngsters can only get better or can be moved on for a profit if they show some talent. We’ve stuck in a vicious cycle with this overage team and a coach who’s too timid to think out of the box.

We won’t spend like other big clubs
Our scouting of talents, for the most part, sucks
And on top of that we won’t even try to develop our academy products?

So basically we’re gonna be stuck with past it fools and an inept coach until at least next summer. Bravo =D>
America USA
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2985
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:15 pm
Has thanked: 535 times
Been thanked: 891 times

Re: [2018-12-12] AFC Ajax vs Bayern Munich

Postby DiegoForlan » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:16 am

I respect your opinion because you actualy didnt change your opinion about Boateng being shit for quite some time already, and you were right actualy. However the majority of other people were thinking its a temporar thing and he will get back in form, which was also normal at that time.
He returned from an injury, he's a big name in football lately, and a member of the German NT which is Ulli's fetish as we all know, you can't expect a new coach from a small team to argue with the board selling a player like that, which they don't consider, when things can still turn the other way, and your replacement option is Vogt.
That would be like selling Neuer right now and signing Jiri Pavlenka...

What i wanted to say i didnt question your opinion on Boateng, but i think Kovač is taking too much blame from every direction, and our board enjoys that, because they can avoid the big picture, they dont even try to back him up, nor to take credit for their mistakes, instead they get offended by mere critics... Kovač is in the hardest position right now imo .

He probably wont be called for the NT, again, he's shit and his mind is not focused on football at all. He must be sold as soon, and replaced by a young centre back, or two because Hummels is going out of shape too, and Sule needs competiton.

Also imagine kovač starting Mai and Jeong against Ajax and Bayern loosing and ending 2nd in group which is the probable outcome...
User avatar
DiegoForlan
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:08 pm
Has thanked: 89 times
Been thanked: 225 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2018-12-12] AFC Ajax vs Bayern Munich

Postby sherpthederp » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:20 am

DiegoForlan wrote:I don't actualy see why everyone blames Kovač TO THAT EXTENT. This team is shit... there are also a bunch of toxic mentalities that drag the team down... People above him much more incompetent for their jobs.

What we were lacking was too obvious, he had to play Ribery ... Coman wasn't ready to play 90 minutes and it was too risky, the aproach was very dangerous for a player fresh from injury... I agree Gnabry was the one who played better in the front than Ribery

BUT i back him up for keeping Ribery on the pitch. You saw what they did on our left ? Alaba was a disaster, and Ribery sure did good defensively ( much better than Alaba ) and calmed them down quite a few times, it was right to keep Ribs on the pitch at that moment . I think we would have conceded more had he done what you wanted him to do.

Unpopular opinion here i guess.

If only he had an option to swap like for like if a fullback was having a bad game, but no, we had all three of ours on the pitch at the same time... this is the kind of stuff that drives me nuts. We have an injury prone thin squad yet we have all of our fullbacks in the starting 11
sherpthederp
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1506
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:40 pm
Location: Tacoma, Washington
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 828 times
Been thanked: 1013 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2018-12-12] AFC Ajax vs Bayern Munich

Postby America USA » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:26 am

I never said academy players should play big CL/BL games or vital DFB Pokal KO fixtures. I’m talking about the games against lower BL teams. And I’ve time and again expressed my preference for De Ligt to be brought in next summer even if it costs a fortune.

Re: Kovac. I know he’s been handicapped by our board as well as injuries but he’d get more respect from fans if he acted bravely. Tried different formations, benched big names and tries to impose his tactics (stop playing the high line football and focused more on maintaining good shape and countering against tougher opponent)

On top of that he says stupid shit in public all the time that makes it sound as if he’s still managing a mid table team like Frankfurt and not a big European club like Bayern #-o
America USA
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2985
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:15 pm
Has thanked: 535 times
Been thanked: 891 times

Re: [2018-12-12] AFC Ajax vs Bayern Munich

Postby tflags » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:41 am

Well, you can add "sloppy" next to "bellow average" and "careless" on that Mueller title. How many more games should we carry on waiting for him to recover his mojo? Another 4 years?

Ribéry? What did he actually do other than, just like Mueller, create unnecessary turnovers?

Thiago, MOTM in what? 15 minutes. Oh, sorry, I forgot, "he chokes in big games". Isn't that what this forum called him? Funny, him and Coman, and in way lesser degree, Lewandowski, are the only players keeping this pathetic version of the club staying afloat.

I don't think I need to describe Boateng's performance. "Embarrassing," nonetheless, does come to mind.

Kovac, please leave. Please.
tflags

 

Re: [2018-12-12] AFC Ajax vs Bayern Munich

Postby DiegoForlan » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:00 am

Coman played one match, Thiago few, and Lewa scored an amazing amount of goals for Bayern this season. Yet you say Lewa helps us in a way lesser degree than the two above ...
Actualy he's the only reason we are to 5 in Bundesliga and topped our group in Champions League so far.
User avatar
DiegoForlan
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:08 pm
Has thanked: 89 times
Been thanked: 225 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2018-12-12] AFC Ajax vs Bayern Munich

Postby tflags » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:07 am

DiegoForlan wrote:Actualy he's the only reason we are to 5 in Bundesliga and topped our group in Champions League so far.


He's the only reason the team wasn't leading by three goals before half time too. He also loses a lot of balls when he tries to play around the circle which is quite incomprehensible. For a striker, not able to hold on to the ball while marked, is a serious issue.

And what I don't get about him is why is he able to score the impossible goals and miss the simplest ones. So yes, on balance, he's on top, but not by much.

As for him scoring topping the group with 8 goals, I'll celebrate his goals later on, when he repeats what he did while with Dortmund on the CL's second half; not with Benfica and Ajax at the group stage.
tflags

 

Re: [2018-12-12] AFC Ajax vs Bayern Munich

Postby Dumbledore7 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:26 am

sherpthederp wrote:
Hardrade wrote:Look at these morons, they are happy... Kovač throws high-fives in triumphant rage... PATHETIC

He’s so far out of depth it’s ridiculous. His subs are making Carlo look like ****ing Stephen Hawking

Lmfao best post yet.
Kovac OUT!!!
User avatar
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 5110
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:02 pm
Location: London
National Flag:
Indonesia
Has thanked: 3741 times
Been thanked: 3120 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: [2018-12-12] AFC Ajax vs Bayern Munich

Postby Roonzil » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:51 am

So this was A GAME to attend live Yikes, I nearly lost my voice from al the shouting, cursing, singing and celebrating (they were good goals!)

I don’t know how I feel about this game. Right at the end I was thrilled with the draw, mostly because my work week would’ve been hell otherwise with taunting and teasing, plus the first spot in group. But all in all we played so terribly shit in the second half, we literally invited them to score the equalizer. Too many defenders wanting to dribble the ball out of our box. F*cking hoof it, I don’t care. Your own box isn’t a place for fancy footwork, when you are not well positioned and play a pressing, eager team.

Now the obvious things:

I love Thiago.

Ribery shouldn’t start.

Müller was an idiot.

Apart from the own goal, I really liked how Süle dealt with the quick Ajax attack.

Coman was a breath of fresh air.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
User avatar
Roonzil
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2669
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:54 pm
National Flag:
Netherlands
Has thanked: 275 times
Been thanked: 1452 times
Gender: Female

Re: [2018-12-12] AFC Ajax vs Bayern Munich

Postby DiegoForlan » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:34 pm

tflags wrote:
DiegoForlan wrote:Actualy he's the only reason we are to 5 in Bundesliga and topped our group in Champions League so far.


He's the only reason the team wasn't leading by three goals before half time too. He also loses a lot of balls when he tries to play around the circle which is quite incomprehensible. For a striker, not able to hold on to the ball while marked, is a serious issue.

And what I don't get about him is why is he able to score the impossible goals and miss the simplest ones. So yes, on balance, he's on top, but not by much.

As for him scoring topping the group with 8 goals, I'll celebrate his goals later on, when he repeats what he did while with Dortmund on the CL's second half; not with Benfica and Ajax at the group stage.
Sir i respect your opinion, but it's just funny ...
His shots were well executed, but on the other side of the coin there's a guy trying to save your efforts, who can be briliant, or lucky at times.

Maybe if you wana distribute the amount of guilt between various variables he would catch some point, but being the only reason, or even maybe the most significant one is out of question.
User avatar
DiegoForlan
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:08 pm
Has thanked: 89 times
Been thanked: 225 times
Gender: Male

Previous

Return to UEFA Champions League

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest