You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2018-12-12] AFC Ajax vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:00 pm

Ajax Amsterdam will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
No votes
Bayern Munich will win
100%

Total votes : 2

Re: [2018-12-12] AFC Ajax vs Bayern Munich

Postby DiegoForlan » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:28 pm

Also Juventus lost, Manchester lost, Real Madrid lost, and City barely won against Hoffenheim .

At least Ajax is a formidable opponent with exciting names compared to the teams those guys lost to...
Last edited by DiegoForlan on Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DiegoForlan
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby rthebest » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:29 pm

yes the sub made an impact but not because of Kovac tactics but because they are simply better players than most of their peers.
rthebest
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Canada

Postby America USA » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:38 pm

I want to give Boateng and Muller a -5 rating. And a ZERO for Kovac :x
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby Ollio » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:41 pm

aterford wrote:
Ollio wrote:
sherpthederp wrote:[quote="Hardrade"]Look at these morons, they are happy... Kovač throws high-fives in triumphant rage... PATHETIC

He’s so far out of depth it’s ridiculous. His subs are making Carlo look like ****ing Stephen Hawking

To be fair, his subs won the pen and scored the third goal :D But I do agree.

But that's only half the story, ya know? You're right in saying Coman and Thiago helped out, but....subbing off Gnabry before Ribery? Goretzka staying on until 90'? IMO you have to leave on Gnabry and sub on Coman for Ribery. Then it's Goretzka off for Thiago. These are small quibbles of course, you can always play the "should've" game, but Kovac keeps consistently making these small mistakes - to the point that when he gets it 'right' it feels more like luck than intent.....[/quote]

I do agree, it was a stroke of luck to benefit from subbing Gnabry off. It was a joke, hence the smilie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ollio
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Finland

Postby Hardrade » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:44 pm

gumboduncan wrote:Wow, it's a complain festival here. Let me start by saying that Ajax played a very good game and were very aggressive tonight. .

So what. So fuc*ing what. That’s the worst excuse out there - they played a good game.
We should play a good game or a bad game - we should be masters of our destiny, and not depend on somebody else’s bad day. Quit with the loser mentality ffs!

I think that people being pissed at us drawing a game is a good sign that at least the fans are NOT satisfied with going silently into the night and that ambition is still in the DNA of this club.
Hardrade
I post all the time

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby Ollio » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:48 pm

On another note, can someone dig up when was the last time we had only 43% possession or less?

Ollio
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Finland

Postby DiegoForlan » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:49 pm

I don't actualy see why everyone blames Kovač TO THAT EXTENT. This team is shit... there are also a bunch of toxic mentalities that drag the team down... People above him much more incompetent for their jobs.

What we were lacking was too obvious, he had to play Ribery ... Coman wasn't ready to play 90 minutes and it was too risky, the aproach was very dangerous for a player fresh from injury... I agree Gnabry was the one who played better in the front than Ribery

BUT i back him up for keeping Ribery on the pitch. You saw what they did on our left ? Alaba was a disaster, and Ribery sure did good defensively ( much better than Alaba ) and calmed them down quite a few times, it was right to keep Ribs on the pitch at that moment . I think we would have conceded more had he done what you wanted him to do.

Unpopular opinion here i guess.
DiegoForlan
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Ollio » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:54 pm

DiegoForlan wrote:I don't actualy see why everyone blames Kovač TO THAT EXTENT. This team is shit... there are also a bunch of toxic mentalities that drag the team down... People above him much more incompetent for their jobs.

What we were lacking was too obvious, he had to play Ribery ... Coman wasn't ready to play 90 minutes and it was too risky, the aproach was very dangerous for a player fresh from injury... I agree Gnabry was the one who played better in the front than Ribery

BUT i back him up for keeping Ribery on the pitch. You saw what they did on our left ? Alaba was a disaster, and Ribery sure did good defensively ( much better than Alaba ) and calmed them down quite a few times, it was right to keep Ribs on the pitch at that moment . I think we would have conceded more had he done what you wanted him to do.

Unpopular opinion here i guess.

That’s a fair point and a good post, I didn’t pay attention to Ribery in defence enough to really comment but sounds reasonable. I think people were more pissed just about subbing Gnabry for Thiago instead of a like for like sub in midfield, Goretzka or Kimmich. Or maybe even Rafinha and Kimmich to fullback.

Ollio
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Finland

Postby Sensei » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:02 am

Cant blame the coach for Boateng sh***ing his pants. We should have buried the game long before that. Everyone forgot that their keeper made some un-real saves. Looking at the chances created and shots ours were more clear cut. Kovac did the best with the players he had. Ajax are a very good team and in Amsterdam they have slaughtered other giants. Everyone seems to forget this.
Sensei
Getting the hang of it

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:03 am

Just saw someone mentioning David Alaba.

Where was he tonight?

I also think that his time is up with us.
He doesn't look motivated or happy anymore... I am saying this with a heavy heart as he is one of my favorites, I even have a bayern gear with his name.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Ollio » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:13 am

Ollio wrote:On another note, can someone dig up when was the last time we had only 43% possession or less?

In case someone else is interested too, it looks like it might’ve been against Barcelona in 2013. Hehe, a different kinda mood back then.

Ollio
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Finland

Postby America USA » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:54 am

Yes Niko Kovac is totally to blame for Boateng shitting his pants and for Alaba having a pathetic game.

- Who insisted to Uli/KHR that we keep Boateng at Bayern last August and not sell him to PSG or Man Utd?
- Who wanted to reduce squad size by offloading Bernat and not get a replacement LB (like Max) to compete with Alaba?
- Who keeps selecting those two in the starting lineup and refuses to sub them off?

Since the answer to all three questions is Niko Kovac therefore he is absolutely to blame when his selected players cost Bayern games and points!
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby DiegoForlan » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:03 am

America USA wrote:Yes Niko Kovac is totally to blame for Boateng shitting his pants and for Alaba having a pathetic game.

Who insisted to Uli/KHR that we keep Boateng at Bayern last August and not sell him to PSG or Man Utd?
Who wanted to reduce squad size by offloading Bernat and not get a replacement LB (like Max) to compete with Alaba?
Who keeps selecting those two in the starting lineup and refuses to sub them off?

Since the answer to all three questions is Niko Kovac therefore he is absolutely to blame when his selected players cost Bayern games and points!
Ermm, i think you are wrong .
I think it was actualy the board who said we won't sign anyone for the next season, i can clearly remember Kovač talking about some transfer activity, then 1 or 2 weeks later,for some "strange" reasons, he was happy with the squad . Folowing that ofc you can't sell Boateng.

On the other hand, Bernat ? Come on man that guy is defensively perhaps the worst Left Back Bayern ever had... He makes Pranjić and Contento look like Ashley Cole and Patrice Evra...
DiegoForlan
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby America USA » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:10 am

If Bernat was to be sold then Niko should’ve insisted on getting a decent backup LB. However him being the weak yes man that he is, he was too afraid to make this demand.

Also, at this point anyone who says Boateng is a top quality defender should be banned. If we had a rep system on this forum I’d deduct rep from anyone floating the idea of Boateng starting in any important game from now on. He’s not even an Eredivisie/Ligue 1 tier defender anymore!

We should’ve sold Boateng’s finished ass when we had the chance. Now no club will pay anything more than 15m for this clown.

If Kovac had any balls he’d start throwing our academy players (Mai, Meier, Jeong and maybe Will) in BL games. Surely those four can’t play any worse than how bad Boateng, Alaba, Ribery and Martinez have been playing for quiet sometime now!
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby DiegoForlan » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:27 am

America USA wrote:If Bernat was to be sold then Niko should’ve insisted on getting a decent backup LB. However him being the weak yes man that he is, he was too afraid to make this demand.

Also, at this point anyone who says Boateng is a top quality defender should be banned. If we had a rep system on this forum I’d deduct rep from anyone floating the idea of Boateng starting in any important game from now on. He’s not even an Eredivisie/Ligue 1 tier defender anymore!

We should’ve sold Boateng’s finished ass when we had the chance. Now no club will pay anything more than 15m for this clown.

If Kovac had any balls he’d start throwing our academy players (Mai, Meier, Jeong and maybe Will) in BL games. Surely those four can’t play any worse than how bad Boateng, Alaba, Ribery and Martinez have been playing for quiet sometime now!
I just want to ask if you refer to me concering that about Boateng you said, because i obviously think he is shit. But again as a member of the German NT i doubt our board would agree to sell him at that point.

On the other hand,first of, i dont think someone from our other teams could do a better job than Alaba at the moment, at least no one has proven that yet, however i also agree he's too bad to play for any top 6 Bundesliga team based on what he showed today. Goretzka did worse than Alaba in this game... they walked past our MF like no one was there before Thiago came in. And Jeong can't do anything better than Ribery at this point, I'm quite confident about that, other than maybe run faster which im not sure about either. What did he do so far to impress you ?

Since you are supporting banning people for opinions, thinking yours is absolute, i will feel free to suspect you didnt watch Jeong's whole performance more than 2 times, and that you don't have an actual idea about his skillset at all.

Ribery is predictable and Average, but even now he's not shit as you say imo.
DiegoForlan
I'm a chatterbox!

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League