You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2018-10-23] AEK Athens vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:55 pm

AEK Athens F.C. will win
25%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Bayern Munich will win
75%

Total votes : 8

Re: [2018-10-23] AEK Athens vs Bayern Munich

Postby MUTU » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:56 pm

#12 wrote:
MUTU wrote:
#12 wrote:Are you guys serious? A couple? I don’t see us scoring one... With what chances???

So...

Yeah I know your xG was probably 46

Oooh defensive now.
Das ist Fussball!
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby IsiahRashad » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:57 pm

How can be someone happy with the overall team performance ? It's AEK. We struggled for 60 minutes, scored 2 fast goals and after that..nothing.

Kovac again taking off James and Gnabry, but Robben, who made 1 good pass for the whole game (for Kimmich in the first half) must play 90 minutes. And he is going to start again next game, that's for sure.

Why we need Martinez against teams like AEK ? Besides the goal, he almost don't have impact on the game, cleared couple of balls, but this can be done by everyone else in this team as good. This game was build for Renato - fast midfielder who is taking the ball from defense and delivering it to James/Thiago or the wings 5 times faster than Javi. I saw one funny situation when Rafinha (hands down, one of the best players today) was open on the left side, but Javi did not pass him the ball, because he wasn't sure that he can hit him with vertical pass. It's not his fault, but Kovac should leave the PSP4 and put the right players on the pitch.

Edit:
Can't see tweet? Click here!
Last edited by IsiahRashad on Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby #12 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:58 pm

aterford wrote:While you're all here, quick reaction survey.

https://goo.gl/forms/npkbQqIZmwAIyS1J2

Done
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:00 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
#12 wrote:Well yeah, that’s how it goes, you score one and a second happens - but seriously, you don’t actually think this was consequential?!?
Three pts in the bag

True!

I'm not even complaining... Just

1.) saying my assessment was not pessimistic at the time but logical

2.) claiming that it’s ridiculous to throw it in my face now... You’re always wiser after the game... Still saying those goals were kinda lucky and not at all consequential...

Mund abputzen, weitermachen!
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:22 pm

What I think a few of you are forgetting is we're not going to suddenly turn from those terrible performances we had to world class games. It's a gradual process and this was quite a routine win. It's an encouraging sign although the squad remains limited.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:25 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:What I think a few of you are forgetting is we're not going to suddenly turn from those terrible performances we had to world class games. It's a gradual process and this was quite a routine win. It's an encouraging sign although the squad remains limited.
Plus we have a new coach as well...

Give him some chance
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Achilles » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:53 pm

Great atmosphere, AEK maybe broke their record with attendance and Bayern fans were great as well, very loud singing constantly!
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tflags » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:44 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:What I think a few of you are forgetting is we're not going to suddenly turn from those terrible performances we had to world class games. It's a gradual process and this was quite a routine win. It's an encouraging sign although the squad remains limited.

Yes but there are still tactical issues at hand. And they are worrying.

People continue to run behind the CBs' back as A. the space between the lines is too big, B. the pivot fails to pressure the playmaker and C. the CBs themselves are too far up the pitch.

Gnabry is playing on the wrong side of his foot. Rafinha is playing on the wrong side of his foot and Thiago is playing on the wrong side of his foot. How exactly are we expecting crosses other than three fingered shots (or Rabonas)?

Robben is forcing Kimmich to go deep and relenting turnovers. If we get caught with Sule vs a fast winger, we are in deep problems.

There's no pressing. With Guardiola and Heynckes the team recognized poor performances when they let opponents create plays without blocking or threaten their possession. WIth Kovac everyone seems fine with letting opponents roam free in the attacking third. Kovac not only needs to make the wingers track back; everyone has to pressure opponents to avoid having to run half the pitch in the first place.
tflags

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:35 pm

You raise good points
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Jorge » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:36 pm

Is it me or there is something going on between Lewandowski and Robben? Quite a few times Robben made runs after playing what he thought was a 1-2 touch combination with Lewandowski and Robert either held the ball or turned the other way with no option, and Robben's body language said it all.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby aterford » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:47 pm

Jorge wrote:Is it me or there is something going on between Lewandowski and Robben?

Since the first day Lewy joined the team...
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Jorge » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:20 pm

aterford wrote:
Jorge wrote:Is it me or there is something going on between Lewandowski and Robben?

Makes sense, and in the time of crises (what crisis?) it shows at plain daylight.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby aterford » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:27 pm

Jorge wrote:
aterford wrote:

Makes sense, and in the time of crises (what crisis?) it shows at plain daylight.

Yeah, pretty much...IMO Lewy and Robben have always had some issues or at least don't seem to be on the same page or get along too often...It's just less noticeable the better things are going. When one or both (or the team) starts struggling it becomes more apparent to me
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Postby Rauntšik » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:52 pm

Was amazing to see Bayern for the first time, I was a bit too drunk during the game so I did not take any pictures really, just enjoyed the magnificant atmosphere.
Rauntšik
I post all the time

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Jorge » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:18 pm

aterford wrote:Since the first day Lewy joined the team...

This one was exactly one year ago:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
Åland Islands

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League