You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2021/22 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

Re: 2021/22 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:53 pm

archymen wrote:It's almost unbelievable to see how a club like Barca can be completely destroyed and lose 0:3 to Benefica in so few years :shock:
Barça topped their incredible performance off with a red card hahaha

It's not so surprising tbh... They are not the only team that has fallen from grace. In fact, of the 5 best teams 5 years ago (Madrid, Barca, Bayern, Juve and Atlético) only Bayern remains in the top 5 at the moment (Bayern, Chelski, QSG, Shitty, Liverpool). Juve is also quite pathetic at the moment (take a look at their lineup today and remember for a second what it used to be in 2013-2015). Madrid lost to some team from a fake country.

Gotta congratulate our board tbh
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:53 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Martinez
Xavi
Maybe Conte

To replace Koeman
Ten Hag?
PunkCapitalist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:54 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
archymen wrote:It's almost unbelievable to see how a club like Barca can be completely destroyed and lose 0:3 to Benefica in so few years :shock:

It's not so surprising tbh... They are not the only team that has fallen from grace. In fact, of the 5 best teams 5 years ago (Madrid, Barca, Bayern, Juve and Atlético) only Bayern remains in the top 5 at the moment (Bayern, Chelski, QSG, Shitty, Liverpool). Juve is also quite pathetic at the moment (take a look at their lineup today and remember for a second what it used to be in 2013-2015). Madrid lost to some team from a fake country.

What do you mean by fake country?
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:54 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:Martinez
Xavi
Maybe Conte

To replace Koeman
Ten Hag?
As well... I mentioned him a couple of days ago, however Phoenix said that he declared that he is staying in Amsterdam
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby sherpthederp » Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:56 pm

Getting a yellow for pulling your shirt off after scoring a later winner vs Villarreal in the group stages :lol: big club mentality right there
sherpthederp
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:56 pm

Fuck Man ... Utd...
I felt that somehow they were going to win..95th min
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:56 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:

What do you mean by fake country?
Fotbal Club Sheriff (Russian: ФК Шериф Тирасполь), commonly known as Sheriff Tiraspol or simply Sheriff, is a Moldovan football club based in Tiraspol, a city located in the unrecognised breakaway state of Transnistria. Founded in 1997 as Tiras Tiraspol and rebranded the following year as Sheriff, it quickly established itself within Moldovan football.
PunkCapitalist

Postby Lahmies » Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:39 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:I've just watched the first goal and this message from 2016 came to my mind :D

Roonzil:
Yes, yes, yessss!! I have been saying that (shouting that) all afternoon! We do not press ANYONE close to our penalty area. They get loads of time and space to make the perfect cross!! Happened so often today that it MUST be an order from Ancelotti. We used to press and win the ball back, now we just let them have it and wait for them to make a mistake (or, more likely, a goal).

YlonenXabi:
Yes, I realised the same thing.

Looks like Ancelotti told our defense to shield the box rather than trying to prevent crosses or whatever. And It's not working well at the moment as the attackers have usually a lot of space to do whatever they want and we are not shielding the box either.

I remember how I used to hate the way we defended crosses with Carlo :x :x :x :x

And yes, it was Alaba's error. He's been playing fantastic as CB with Real Madrid being one of their best players but he made an error today. OMG he is sooooooooooooooo baddd !!!!!!!!! :lol:

you can defend him all you want, he is still a defender who is terrible at defending and our defense is miles better without him. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Lahmies
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby aterford » Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:50 pm

There's really just no team in the UCL that particularly worries me at the moment, if I'm being totally honest.
Knock on wood but if we stay fit we've got a great shot.
God Bless Thomas Müller
aterford

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Fénix » Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:35 am

aterford wrote:There's really just no team in the UCL that particularly worries me at the moment, if I'm being totally honest.

True, but the group stage and autumn/winter period is the worst part of the season to get any conclusions about anything. What happens from March to May is what only counts in the CL and nothing else.

For the last 11 years it became impossible for Bayern to end its campaign in the group stage, so our real competition starts in February 2022, not to mention we were subscribed for the semifinals between 2012 and 2018. :)
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby MUTU » Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:42 am

aterford wrote:There's really just no team in the UCL that particularly worries me at the moment, if I'm being totally honest.

Yeah my biggest worries are fitness and form. I mean I get it, we're under a new coach now so players are naturally more motivated and it shows. Nagelsmann himself was surprised with how Upamecano celebrated a clearance near the end of the match, such was the desire to maintain a clean sheet. Thing is, these players are humans. How long will this motivation last if they keep playing with little to no competition? I fear that they might relax a bit, go down a gear or two, and when a tough match comes they might find it challenging to rise again to this level we're seeing now. That's my biggest worry, and what I've found to be worrying for a while. This is why I want other German clubs to do well and provide competition in the Bundesliga. They need to push us and keep our players on their tiptoes, otherwise we're not in optimal form when we need to be in optimal form.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:21 am

High time for the Super League so that RM and Barca can avoid European heavyweights like Sheriff and Benfica longer!
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:14 am

#12 wrote:High time for the Super League so that RM and Barca can avoid European heavyweights like Sheriff and Benfica longer!
The super league will still happen, however within uefa
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby longeleven » Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:38 am

MUTU wrote:

Yeah my biggest worries are fitness and form. I mean I get it, we're under a new coach now so players are naturally more motivated and it shows. Nagelsmann himself was surprised with how Upamecano celebrated a clearance near the end of the match, such was the desire to maintain a clean sheet. Thing is, these players are humans. How long will this motivation last if they keep playing with little to no competition? I fear that they might relax a bit, go down a gear or two, and when a tough match comes they might find it challenging to rise again to this level we're seeing now. That's my biggest worry, and what I've found to be worrying for a while. This is why I want other German clubs to do well and provide competition in the Bundesliga. They need to push us and keep our players on their tiptoes, otherwise we're not in optimal form when we need to be in optimal form.

Next Bundesliga game, make sure Kimmich will be sent off at 50 or 60m, to rest him next 2 weeks and use Sabitzer/Roca or anyone at his pos.
Then when Kimmich back, we can try to rest Leon or Sane/Lewy with that method. Let's see if it work or not because at the moment, it seems Nagelsmann doesn't have the ball to rest Kimmich and Goretzka :roll:
longeleven
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby #12 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:04 am

ramsej84 wrote:
#12 wrote:High time for the Super League so that RM and Barca can avoid European heavyweights like Sheriff and Benfica longer!
The super league will still happen, however within uefa
Any competition that matches criteria defined by the actual sport is ok…
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League