You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2021/22 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

Re: Uefa Champions League 2021-22

Postby #12 » Fri May 28, 2021 7:51 am

ramsej84 wrote:Another idea would be to have the final 8 playing in a league between them... (Single game)
Booooooooooriiiiiiiiiiing!
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Re: 2021/22 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby ramsej84 » Fri May 28, 2021 8:27 am

#12 wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:Another idea would be to have the final 8 playing in a league between them... (Single game)
Says who?
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby sherpthederp » Fri May 28, 2021 8:40 am

ramsej84 wrote:
#12 wrote:
Says who?

12 and I at least lol.
sherpthederp
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ramsej84 » Fri May 28, 2021 8:59 am

so a league with : City Chelsea PSG Liverpool Juve Bayern Real Barca is boring ! >@!> wow
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Fri May 28, 2021 9:40 am

ramsej84 wrote:so a league with : City Chelsea PSG Liverpool Juve Bayern Real Barca is boring ! >@!> wow
Yup
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby sherpthederp » Fri May 28, 2021 10:05 am

ramsej84 wrote:so a league with : City Chelsea PSG Liverpool Juve Bayern Real Barca is boring ! >@!> wow

Compared to the drama of elimination knockouts? Yes a league of those clubs would be incredibly boring. The group stages is where the league style play needs to happen, not at the end of the season.
sherpthederp
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ramsej84 » Fri May 28, 2021 11:05 am

having said the above I still prefer the one game KO as per 2020
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Ottomeister87 » Fri May 28, 2021 8:03 pm

Oh look.. they actually looked at european Handball, Basketball etc tournaments who have final fours every season lol.. But no.. i dont mind the single leg games, but why the fuck punish us fans for it by having it somewhere neutral? Its the flair in the KO stages with away and home games. Just take the damn away goal rule away.
Ottomeister87
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby DRvad14 » Sun May 30, 2021 10:21 am

DRvad14
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Sun May 30, 2021 11:47 am

Only club I would like to avoid from pot 1 is us
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:31 pm

Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Fénix » Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:40 pm

Following the recommendation of the UEFA Club Competitions Committee and the UEFA Women’s Football Committee, the UEFA Executive Committee has today approved a proposal to remove the so-called away goals rule from all UEFA club competitions (men, women and youth) as of the qualifying phases of the 2021/22 competitions.

The away goals rule was applied to determine the winner of a two-legged knockout tie in cases where the two teams had scored the same number of goals on aggregate over the two matches. In such cases, the team which had scored the higher number of goals away from home was considered the winner of the tie and qualified for the next round of the competition. If the two teams had scored the same number of goals at home and away at the end of normal playing time in the second leg, extra time was played, followed by kicks from the penalty mark if no goal was scored.

With the decision to remove this rule, ties in which the two teams score the same number of goals over the two legs would be not decided on the number of goals scored away, but two 15-minute periods of extra time are played at the end of the second leg and in case the teams score the same number of goals or no goals during this extra time, kicks from the penalty mark would determine the team which qualifies to the next stage of the competition.

Since away goals would no longer be given additional weight to decide a tie, they would also be removed from the criteria used to determine the rankings when two or more teams are equal on points in the group stage i.e. the criteria applied to matches played by the teams in question. They would not be removed from the additional criteria applied to all group matches if the teams remain equal (higher number of away goals scored in all group matches), in order to retain a maximum number of sporting criteria.

tatistics from the mid-1970s until now show a clear trend of continuous reduction in the gap between the number of home/away wins (from 61%/19% to 47%/30%) and the average number of goals per match scored at home/away (from 2.02/0.95 to 1.58/1.15) in men’s competitions, whereas since 2009/10, the average goals per game have remained very steady in the UEFA Women’s Champions League with the overall average of 1.92 for home teams and 1.6 for away teams.

Many different factors may be considered as having an impact on this decline in home advantage. Better pitch quality and standardised pitch sizes, improved stadium infrastructure, higher security conditions, enhanced care of refereeing (and more recently the introduction of technological support such as GLT and VAR), wider and more sophisticated TV coverage of matches, more comfortable travel conditions, a compressed calendar dictating squad turnover, and changes in competition formats are all elements which have affected the way football is played and blurred the lines between playing at home and away.

Commenting on the abolishment of the away goals rule, UEFA President Aleksander Čeferin said:

“The away goals rule has been an intrinsic part of UEFA competitions since it was introduced in 1965. However, the question of its abolition has been debated at various UEFA meetings over the last few years. Although there was no unanimity of views, many coaches, fans and other football stakeholders have questioned its fairness and have expressed a preference for the rule to be abolished.”

Mr Čeferin added: “The impact of the rule now runs counter to its original purpose as, in fact, it now dissuades home teams – especially in first legs – from attacking, because they fear conceding a goal that would give their opponents a crucial advantage. There is also criticism of the unfairness, especially in extra time, of obliging the home team to score twice when the away team has scored.”

“It is fair to say that home advantage is nowadays no longer as significant as it once was,“ the UEFA President concluded. “Taking into consideration the consistency across Europe in terms of styles of play, and many different factors which have led to a decline in home advantage, the UEFA Executive Committee has taken the correct decision in adopting the view that it is no longer appropriate for an away goal to carry more weight than one scored at home.”

It's fully removed, not just for extra-time as some said few months ago, but overall. The only active case where away goals rule remains is in the group stage.
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:55 pm

Finally!!!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:14 pm

hahha it will take time to sink in...

tbh I would have preferred to just remove it from the extra time (which did not make sense at all... )

I remember I think it was 2003 : Semi final Milan v Inter ... both legs ended in a draw but inter were unlucky enough to start playing at '' home 0-0 '' and therefore they had to bow out on the away goals rule as they drew 1-1 '' away''
Last edited by ramsej84 on Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:40 pm

Would prefer if it went straight to PKs instead of having extra time.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League