You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2020/21 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

How will Bayern do in the 2020/21 Champions League?

Only reach the Quarter-Finals
11%
Only reach the Semi-Finals
16%
Reach the Finals and Win
74%
Reach the Finals but Lose
No votes

Total votes : 19

Re: 2020/21 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:14 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:If we qualify tonight, which teams would you rather avoid in the next round?

I'd like to avoid PSG, City and Liverpool and wouldn't mind facing Real Madrid this time.
Shitty are best dealt with in two games than in a final because of the Guardiola handicap at playing visitors. That being said, playing english teams seems like a drag given current regulation.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk
Not just the Guardiola factor. We’ve been a bit inconsistent so two ties gives us a chance to make amends.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Awax » Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:01 pm

aterford wrote:I'd happily take Madrid or Liverpool right now as I'm 100% confident we'd utterly wallop either of them, but if I had to choose it'd probably be Madrid, still needing to get some servings of revenge...

I'm not a fan of facing Madrid as they play with 12 men on the pitch. You never know what bs decisions will go in their favor.

As for Liverpool, I hope we draw them and knock their arrogant ass out. Their fans are cancer, we need to humble them down.
Awax
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:33 pm

MUTU wrote:
#12 wrote:
MUTU wrote:Image
[quote="#12"]Yeah not percentage wise
Well, if you take part in many finals, there’s a chance you‘ll win eventually... Just compare our stint to RM‘s, for example...

Bla bla bla.
We have a positive ratio in finals, unlike BVB, Chelsea, PSG and Atletico who are still in the competition.

Only Bayern, Real Madrid, Liverpool and Porto have a positive ratio, and out of those only Real Madrid have won it more than us.

Your argument is really bogus. Feyenoord or Nottingham Forest aren't better than us because they have a 100% record in finals.[/quote]No, it’s not, cause again, you failed to grasp the point... The point is we are LITERALLY champions at messing it up which Fenix claimed for City... Out of the last 4 finals we lost, at most one was consequential... The other three were stupid as fuck...

Also we literally JUST turned that ratio positive...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:36 pm

MihailT wrote:
#12 wrote:Well, if you take part in many finals, there’s a chance you‘ll win eventually... Just compare our stint to RM‘s, for example...

Right, a place in the final is not booked through a lottery draw. Tell "you'll win eventually" to Juventus and Benfica. Sure, let's compare our stint to RM - the most successful club in the EC/UCL tournaments to make Bayern look bad. By comparison with RM, every other club on the Continent looks like shit.

There's also a difference between being outclassed and losing a final 4-1, or 3-1 in regular time vs. dominating an entire game and loosing through atrociously bad luck.

As far as all-time European club performance is measured, we're strictly behind RM, but ahead of everyone else, regarding games played, games won, goals scored, finals played and semi-finals played. That's according to UEFA official rankings, not someone's subjective opinion, btw. And that's without accounting for the fact that Bayern did not participate in such events until the 1970's since Germans in the 50's and 60's had more pressing issues to tackle than chasing a ball on a pitch for 90 minutes.

Hey I agree with most of what you say... My post was not meant to make us look bad or anything, I was aiming at something else entirely... As you say, it can be bad luck... I think more often than not, City deserved to advance further (from a sporting perspective, as a club they’re despicable and deserve disbanding ) - and that was the actual point: you shouldn’t bet on that, they‘re bound to overcome it at one point...
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:38 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:If we qualify tonight, which teams would you rather avoid in the next round?

I'd like to avoid PSG, City and Liverpool and wouldn't mind facing Real Madrid this time.
Shitty are best dealt with in two games than in a final because of the Guardiola handicap at playing visitors. That being said, playing english teams seems like a drag given current regulation.

Not just the Guardiola factor. We’ve been a bit inconsistent so two ties gives us a chance to make amends.
Inconsistency is what has bothered me all these years when you guys gave me heat... My point exactly: inconsistency is death for CL aspirations! You cannot allow to mess up whole halves or even games here, especially in the latter stages...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:39 pm

Awax wrote:
aterford wrote:I'd happily take Madrid or Liverpool right now as I'm 100% confident we'd utterly wallop either of them, but if I had to choose it'd probably be Madrid, still needing to get some servings of revenge...

I'm not a fan of facing Madrid as they play with 12 men on the pitch. You never know what bs decisions will go in their favor.

As for Liverpool, I hope we draw them and knock their arrogant ass out. Their fans are cancer, we need to humble them down.
True... Then again we have A LOT to make up for against them and finally beat them once again...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

2020/21 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:48 pm

#12 wrote:Inconsistency is what has bothered me all these years when you guys gave me heat... My point exactly: inconsistency is death for CL aspirations! You cannot allow to mess up whole halves or even games here, especially in the latter stages...

The thing is inconsistency means you don’t know whether they’re going to show up or not. You just assume they won’t. Which means you think we’re very consistent. :P
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:09 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
#12 wrote:Inconsistency is what has bothered me all these years when you guys gave me heat... My point exactly: inconsistency is death for CL aspirations! You cannot allow to mess up whole halves or even games here, especially in the latter stages...

The thing is inconsistency means you don’t know whether they’re going to show up or not. You just assume they won’t. Which means you think we’re very consistent. :P
I‘m not so sure... I am not assuming anything... But I know that for many years, we only played 90 good minutes (if that) and not 150-180(210)...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Lukas » Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:04 pm

Awax wrote:

THANK YOU

I thought I was the only person in the world who felt this way about them and their fans
Lukas
2020/21 Prediction Game Winner
2020/21 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
European Union

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:27 pm

Lukas wrote:
Awax wrote:

THANK YOU

I thought I was the only person in the world who felt this way about them and their fans
I would also love to destroy them this season. They definitely deserve it.

PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Lahmies » Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:38 pm

Liverpool fans talk about the 3-1 more than we talk about the 8-2 :lol:
Lahmies
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby rthebest » Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:38 pm

I don't how much we can read in to it but Chelsea looks like a good team since they hired Tuchel. They are very solid defensively.
rthebest
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Canada

Postby Dumbledore7 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:38 pm

Tuchel thriving and Simeone in the mud, tears in my eyes man
Dumbledore7

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby aterford » Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:57 pm

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to humble Liverpool as well. But IMO while both teams are in a weak spell...Liverpool seem to keep on trending more and more downward. I think it gets worse for them before it gets better, especially if Klopp leaves. But I trust Madrid to get things turned around sooner.

In other words, if there's any time to get revenge on Madrid, it's now. Can get Liverpool in another year or something (and if they keep spiraling downward their fans will likely be humbled more than enough, even if we don't have to play them), but I still find myself seething over the robberies Madrid committed against us... Liverpool fans are some of the worst in the game right now, and I know Kovac didn't really set us up to win, but at the end of the day they won fair and square, relatively cleanly. Not the case with Madrid in recent years. I have more ill-will against Liverpool fans at the moment, but as a club it's Madrid and it's not close.
God Bless Thomas Müller
aterford

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:59 pm

rthebest wrote:I don't how much we can read in to it but Chelsea looks like a good team since they hired Tuchel. They are very solid defensively.
They’re on a 13.5 game unbeaten streak in all competitions. Definitely no pushovers but I think the quality difference between the two squads is big.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League