You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2020/21 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

How will Bayern do in the 2020/21 Champions League?

Only reach the Quarter-Finals
11%
Only reach the Semi-Finals
16%
Reach the Finals and Win
74%
Reach the Finals but Lose
No votes

Total votes : 19

Re: 2020/21 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:19 pm

City are favourites for a reason but they are far from unbeatable.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:21 pm

If we qualify tonight, which teams would you rather avoid in the next round?

I'd like to avoid PSG, City and Liverpool and wouldn't mind facing Real Madrid this time.
- Hansi Legend Flick -
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

2020/21 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:24 pm

Probably an unusual answer but City and Dortmund for me.

Obviously I’d prefer someone like Chelsea over PSG but I’d take on PSG at this stage too. City I’d rather avoid altogether (i.e. someone else kicks them out) and Dortmund I’d be nervous because they’re bound to beat us eventually.

Probably better to face Liverpool now than later.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MihailT » Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:48 pm

#12 wrote:Could’ve said the same about us... I have not done the math, but pretty sure we lost more finals than almost everyone else...

We've also won more finals than almost everyone else.
MihailT
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby MUTU » Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:08 pm

MihailT wrote:
#12 wrote:Could’ve said the same about us... I have not done the math, but pretty sure we lost more finals than almost everyone else...

We've also won more finals than almost everyone else.

Hahaha world class answer :)
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Birthday

Postby #12 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:10 pm

Yeah not percentage wise
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:13 pm

#12 wrote:Yeah not percentage wise
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Birthday

Postby aterford » Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:01 pm

TBH an easy win for City is probably bad news for them, probably mean's Pep's more liable to feel comfortable pulling out some crazy fixing-what's-not-broken tactic in their next tie...hahah.

I guess in terms of teams I'd like to avoid thought it's still probably them, and maybe Dortmund honestly...just never know with Haaland. PSG maybe I guess, dunno. They did just get handled by Niko Kovac's Monaco...

I'd happily take Madrid or Liverpool right now as I'm 100% confident we'd utterly wallop either of them, but if I had to choose it'd probably be Madrid, still needing to get some servings of revenge...
God Bless Thomas Müller
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Fénix » Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:18 pm

I don't want to avoid anyone. I want to face the best team in the 1/4 finals if possible and knock them out in 2 matches rather than lose against them potentially in the final. :)
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:19 pm

#12 wrote:
Fénix wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:[quote="Awax"]This City team is scary as hell. I didn't want to face them last year, this year even less.
It is their year... I can see it

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

They are City, that's first.

Guardiola is their coach in the CL that's second and the most important.

So, it means nothing at all before they reach final and ein it. :wink:
Could’ve said the same about us... I have not done the math, but pretty sure we lost more finals than almost everyone else...[/quote]Juve have lost more haha but bayern is second.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:20 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:If we qualify tonight, which teams would you rather avoid in the next round?

I'd like to avoid PSG, City and Liverpool and wouldn't mind facing Real Madrid this time.
Shitty are best dealt with in two games than in a final because of the Guardiola handicap at playing visitors. That being said, playing english teams seems like a drag given current regulation.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:38 pm

MUTU wrote:Image
Well, if you take part in many finals, there’s a chance you‘ll win eventually... Just compare our stint to RM‘s, for example...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:41 pm

aterford wrote:TBH an easy win for City is probably bad news for them, probably mean's Pep's more liable to feel comfortable pulling out some crazy fixing-what's-not-broken tactic in their next tie...hahah.

I guess in terms of teams I'd like to avoid thought it's still probably them, and maybe Dortmund honestly...just never know with Haaland. PSG maybe I guess, dunno. They did just get handled by Niko Kovac's Monaco...

I'd happily take Madrid or Liverpool right now as I'm 100% confident we'd utterly wallop either of them, but if I had to choose it'd probably be Madrid, still needing to get some servings of revenge...
Dunno, Pool seem much more stable in Europe than in England... Haaland or not - that would be embarrassing... Since I do NOT think he‘ll bottle it again (but you never know) - I would prefer to play City in one game only as I see a better chance of beating them as underdog in one game only...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:03 pm

#12 wrote:
MUTU wrote:Image
Well, if you take part in many finals, there’s a chance you‘ll win eventually... Just compare our stint to RM‘s, for example...

Bla bla bla.
We have a positive ratio in finals, unlike BVB, Chelsea, PSG and Atletico who are still in the competition.

Only Bayern, Real Madrid, Liverpool and Porto have a positive ratio, and out of those only Real Madrid have won it more than us.

Your argument is really bogus. Feyenoord or Nottingham Forest aren't better than us because they have a 100% record in finals.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Birthday

Postby MihailT » Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:10 pm

#12 wrote:Well, if you take part in many finals, there’s a chance you‘ll win eventually... Just compare our stint to RM‘s, for example...

Right, a place in the final is not booked through a lottery draw. Tell "you'll win eventually" to Juventus and Benfica. Sure, let's compare our stint to RM - the most successful club in the EC/UCL tournaments to make Bayern look bad. By comparison with RM, every other club on the Continent looks like shit.

There's also a difference between being outclassed and losing a final 4-1, or 3-1 in regular time vs. dominating an entire game and loosing through atrociously bad luck.

As far as all-time European club performance is measured, we're strictly behind RM, but ahead of everyone else, regarding games played, games won, goals scored, finals played and semi-finals played. That's according to UEFA official rankings, not someone's subjective opinion, btw. And that's without accounting for the fact that Bayern did not participate in such events until the 1970's since Germans in the 50's and 60's had more pressing issues to tackle than chasing a ball on a pitch for 90 minutes.
MihailT
Woah, this feels cool!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League