You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2020/21 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.
 

How will Bayern do in the 2020/21 Champions League?

Only reach the Quarter-Finals
2
11%
Only reach the Semi-Finals
3
16%
Reach the Finals and Win
14
74%
Reach the Finals but Lose
0
No votes
 
Total votes : 19

Re: 2020/21 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:24 pm

Lukas wrote:
Fénix wrote:PSG disgraceful all over again. They really want to look like idiots in the 2nd leg against Barcelona. :roll:

Pathetic match by the home team tonight.

You think they’re pathetic and disgraceful? What about the second best team in the BL. Liverpool have been losing to everyone lately but they can’t even score against them over two games
PA-THE-TIC.

Nagelsmann needs a lot of growing up before we even consider him.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk
User avatar
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 8775
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:15 pm
Has thanked: 3769 times
Been thanked: 3476 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2020/21 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby aterford » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:45 pm

#12 wrote:
aterford wrote:
Juve :lol:
Did I say that? Surely not recently?!


Just over two weeks ago, haha.

#12 wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:Apart from probably Manchester City, who else has achieved that so far this season ?

Real Madrid? Barcelona? Chelsea? Liverpool? Juventus? Atletico? Inter? PSG? :!: :!: :!: :!:


:^o
All those you mentioned clearly play at a higher level AT THE MOMENT...


#12 wrote:Don’t even know necessarily if these teams are worse, just think, say Juve, would comfortably lead in Bundesliga...


Add Barca too now, of course... :wink: :wink:
God Bless Thomas Müller
User avatar
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 6202
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:40 am
Has thanked: 4675 times
Been thanked: 4228 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2020/21 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby #12 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:21 am

aterford wrote:
#12 wrote:
aterford wrote:
Juve :lol:
Did I say that? Surely not recently?!


Just over two weeks ago, haha.

#12 wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:Apart from probably Manchester City, who else has achieved that so far this season ?

Real Madrid? Barcelona? Chelsea? Liverpool? Juventus? Atletico? Inter? PSG? :!: :!: :!: :!:


:^o
All those you mentioned clearly play at a higher level AT THE MOMENT...


#12 wrote:Don’t even know necessarily if these teams are worse, just think, say Juve, would comfortably lead in Bundesliga...


Add Barca too now, of course... :wink: :wink:
Well, I still think Barca would lead Bundesliga and Juve could be a contender... The former were kinda unlucky today not to win comfortably to make this a much narrower tie against a top 3 favorite...
But other than that, I have no words, I must’ve been completely in rant mode cause Juve are really average (depending in standard, of course)... However, they might still have a chance to win a league that’s equally inferior as Bundesliga...

Overall it‘s just that our defensive performances and point droppings against shitty teams probably make us seem worse than we are... Still, don’t forget that PL‘s current bitch EASILY beat a team we currently clearly look worse than domestically...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 26410
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 1328 times
Been thanked: 5940 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2020/21 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:20 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Upamecano not holding up too badly either btw. Stopped a massive goal chance earlier.
Nvm. What an absolute howler right at the end. Very lucky Salah missed.


Upamecano is amazing most of the time, but very very prone to brainfarts.


He'll make a few errors in his first games for Bayern and the usual suspects in here will jump to his throat. You can be 100% sure of it :coffee:
User avatar
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 12825
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:53 am
Location: Guernsey
National Flag:
Spain
Has thanked: 4203 times
Been thanked: 4178 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: 2020/21 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby Achilles » Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:50 am

YlonenXabi wrote:He'll make a few errors in his first games for Bayern and the usual suspects in here will jump to his throat. You can be 100% sure of it :coffee:

We always had those moments even when we had prime Neuer-Hummels-Boateng the brainfarts where there but at least Upamecano is 22-y and in a couple of years he will overcome those problems(if any)
Mia san mia
User avatar
Achilles
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 4319
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:36 am
Has thanked: 1264 times
Been thanked: 2438 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2020/21 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby MUTU » Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:15 am

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 48836
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8890 times
Been thanked: 14495 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2020/21 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:23 am

Definitely Leipzig’s best of the night but that mistake I referred to was too big. It could make the difference between winning and losing a trophy.
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 41607
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 14364 times
Been thanked: 11391 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2020/21 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby MUTU » Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:31 am

In other news...

'He's Gone Backwards' - Rio Ferdinand Slams Dayot Upamecano For His Displays Against Liverpool in UCL Exit [source]
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 48836
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8890 times
Been thanked: 14495 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2020/21 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby #12 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:00 am

YlonenXabi wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Upamecano not holding up too badly either btw. Stopped a massive goal chance earlier.
Nvm. What an absolute howler right at the end. Very lucky Salah missed.


Upamecano is amazing most of the time, but very very prone to brainfarts.


He'll make a few errors in his first games for Bayern and the usual suspects in here will jump to his throat. You can be 100% sure of it :coffee:
Kinda sounds like Boateng, doesn’t it...?
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 26410
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 1328 times
Been thanked: 5940 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2020/21 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby #12 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:02 am

Also, players getting called out for mistakes (especially stupid ones) is not some unfair unwarranted thing...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 26410
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 1328 times
Been thanked: 5940 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2020/21 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby aterford » Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:43 pm

#12 wrote:Also, players getting called out for mistakes (especially stupid ones) is not some unfair unwarranted thing...


Yeah it's true, but lately (or maybe it's always been this way and I'm just recently noticing) it seems like English media (and/or fans) is being really bad in particular about fawning over a player when they're linked to a PL club and then swinging 180 degrees and putting them right in the crosshairs for every mistake once they've chosen a non-PL club... Just feels like sour grapes a lot of the time
God Bless Thomas Müller
User avatar
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 6202
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:40 am
Has thanked: 4675 times
Been thanked: 4228 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2020/21 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby MUTU » Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:30 pm

aterford wrote:
#12 wrote:Also, players getting called out for mistakes (especially stupid ones) is not some unfair unwarranted thing...


Yeah it's true, but lately (or maybe it's always been this way and I'm just recently noticing) it seems like English media (and/or fans) is being really bad in particular about fawning over a player when they're linked to a PL club and then swinging 180 degrees and putting them right in the crosshairs for every mistake once they've chosen a non-PL club... Just feels like sour grapes a lot of the time

In my experience the English media is brutal. Once they tag you as a 'bad guy', they will tear you up at every opportunity, just as they hype someone who they tag as a 'good guy'.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 48836
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8890 times
Been thanked: 14495 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2020/21 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby Fénix » Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:34 pm

MUTU wrote:In my experience the English media is brutal. Once they tag you as a 'bad guy', they will tear you up at every opportunity, just as they hype someone who they tag as a 'good guy'.

They know nothing. We saw what happened in Russia 2018 with their "it's coming home", my ass came home. :D

Glad that my people sent them home once again after Euro 2008 qualifications. :lol:
User avatar
Fénix
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 12047
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:11 pm
Location: Croatia
National Flag:
Croatia
Has thanked: 5364 times
Been thanked: 5004 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2020/21 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:51 pm

And the Vikings before you
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 50510
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 33353 times
Been thanked: 7259 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2020/21 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby MUTU » Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:38 pm

Fénix wrote:
MUTU wrote:In my experience the English media is brutal. Once they tag you as a 'bad guy', they will tear you up at every opportunity, just as they hype someone who they tag as a 'good guy'.

They know nothing. We saw what happened in Russia 2018 with their "it's coming home", my ass came home. :D

Glad that my people sent them home once again after Euro 2008 qualifications.


Bilic: "we are simply a better team"
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 48836
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8890 times
Been thanked: 14495 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests