You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2020/21 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

How will Bayern do in the 2020/21 Champions League?

Only reach the Quarter-Finals
11%
Only reach the Semi-Finals
16%
Reach the Finals and Win
74%
Reach the Finals but Lose
No votes

Total votes : 19

Re: 2020/21 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:24 pm

Lukas wrote:
Fénix wrote:PSG disgraceful all over again. They really want to look like idiots in the 2nd leg against Barcelona. :roll:

Pathetic match by the home team tonight.

You think they’re pathetic and disgraceful? What about the second best team in the BL. Liverpool have been losing to everyone lately but they can’t even score against them over two games
PA-THE-TIC.

Nagelsmann needs a lot of growing up before we even consider him.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby aterford » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:45 pm

#12 wrote:
aterford wrote:
Juve :lol:
Did I say that? Surely not recently?!

Just over two weeks ago, haha.

#12 wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:Apart from probably Manchester City, who else has achieved that so far this season ?

Real Madrid? Barcelona? Chelsea? Liverpool? Juventus? Atletico? Inter? PSG? :!: :!: :!: :!:

:^o
All those you mentioned clearly play at a higher level AT THE MOMENT...

#12 wrote:Don’t even know necessarily if these teams are worse, just think, say Juve, would comfortably lead in Bundesliga...

Add Barca too now, of course... :wink: :wink:
God Bless Thomas Müller
aterford

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:21 am

aterford wrote:
#12 wrote:
aterford wrote:
Juve :lol:
Did I say that? Surely not recently?!

Just over two weeks ago, haha.

#12 wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:Apart from probably Manchester City, who else has achieved that so far this season ?

Real Madrid? Barcelona? Chelsea? Liverpool? Juventus? Atletico? Inter? PSG? :!: :!: :!: :!:

:^o
All those you mentioned clearly play at a higher level AT THE MOMENT...

#12 wrote:Don’t even know necessarily if these teams are worse, just think, say Juve, would comfortably lead in Bundesliga...

Add Barca too now, of course... :wink: :wink:
Well, I still think Barca would lead Bundesliga and Juve could be a contender... The former were kinda unlucky today not to win comfortably to make this a much narrower tie against a top 3 favorite...
But other than that, I have no words, I must’ve been completely in rant mode cause Juve are really average (depending in standard, of course)... However, they might still have a chance to win a league that’s equally inferior as Bundesliga...

Overall it‘s just that our defensive performances and point droppings against shitty teams probably make us seem worse than we are... Still, don’t forget that PL‘s current bitch EASILY beat a team we currently clearly look worse than domestically...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:20 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Upamecano not holding up too badly either btw. Stopped a massive goal chance earlier.
Nvm. What an absolute howler right at the end. Very lucky Salah missed.

Upamecano is amazing most of the time, but very very prone to brainfarts.

He'll make a few errors in his first games for Bayern and the usual suspects in here will jump to his throat. You can be 100% sure of it :coffee:
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Achilles » Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:50 am

YlonenXabi wrote:He'll make a few errors in his first games for Bayern and the usual suspects in here will jump to his throat. You can be 100% sure of it :coffee:

We always had those moments even when we had prime Neuer-Hummels-Boateng the brainfarts where there but at least Upamecano is 22-y and in a couple of years he will overcome those problems(if any)
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:15 am

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:23 am

Definitely Leipzig’s best of the night but that mistake I referred to was too big. It could make the difference between winning and losing a trophy.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:31 am

In other news...

'He's Gone Backwards' - Rio Ferdinand Slams Dayot Upamecano For His Displays Against Liverpool in UCL Exit [source]
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:00 am

YlonenXabi wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Upamecano not holding up too badly either btw. Stopped a massive goal chance earlier.
Nvm. What an absolute howler right at the end. Very lucky Salah missed.

Upamecano is amazing most of the time, but very very prone to brainfarts.

He'll make a few errors in his first games for Bayern and the usual suspects in here will jump to his throat. You can be 100% sure of it :coffee:
Kinda sounds like Boateng, doesn’t it...?
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:02 am

Also, players getting called out for mistakes (especially stupid ones) is not some unfair unwarranted thing...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:43 pm

#12 wrote:Also, players getting called out for mistakes (especially stupid ones) is not some unfair unwarranted thing...

Yeah it's true, but lately (or maybe it's always been this way and I'm just recently noticing) it seems like English media (and/or fans) is being really bad in particular about fawning over a player when they're linked to a PL club and then swinging 180 degrees and putting them right in the crosshairs for every mistake once they've chosen a non-PL club... Just feels like sour grapes a lot of the time
God Bless Thomas Müller
aterford

Postby MUTU » Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:30 pm

aterford wrote:
#12 wrote:Also, players getting called out for mistakes (especially stupid ones) is not some unfair unwarranted thing...

Yeah it's true, but lately (or maybe it's always been this way and I'm just recently noticing) it seems like English media (and/or fans) is being really bad in particular about fawning over a player when they're linked to a PL club and then swinging 180 degrees and putting them right in the crosshairs for every mistake once they've chosen a non-PL club... Just feels like sour grapes a lot of the time

In my experience the English media is brutal. Once they tag you as a 'bad guy', they will tear you up at every opportunity, just as they hype someone who they tag as a 'good guy'.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:34 pm

MUTU wrote:In my experience the English media is brutal. Once they tag you as a 'bad guy', they will tear you up at every opportunity, just as they hype someone who they tag as a 'good guy'.

They know nothing. We saw what happened in Russia 2018 with their "it's coming home", my ass came home. :D

Glad that my people sent them home once again after Euro 2008 qualifications. :lol:
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:51 pm

And the Vikings before you
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:38 pm

Fénix wrote:
MUTU wrote:In my experience the English media is brutal. Once they tag you as a 'bad guy', they will tear you up at every opportunity, just as they hype someone who they tag as a 'good guy'.

They know nothing. We saw what happened in Russia 2018 with their "it's coming home", my ass came home. :D

Glad that my people sent them home once again after Euro 2008 qualifications.

Bilic: "we are simply a better team"
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League