You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2020/21 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

How will Bayern do in the 2020/21 Champions League?

Only reach the Quarter-Finals
11%
Only reach the Semi-Finals
16%
Reach the Finals and Win
74%
Reach the Finals but Lose
No votes

Total votes : 19

Re: 2020/21 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby aterford » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:20 pm

TBH I don't think Leipzig were as poor as the scoreline suggested. They missed a handful of big chances that perhaps would have 'normally' been converted, and made some stupid mistakes on the goals allowed that also probably 'normally' wouldn't happen. If they approached that match the same way 100 times, I would expect Leipzig to at least split points 80% of the time.
Traditional xG had it at 1.8 vs 1.2 in favor of Liverpool; non-shot based xG had it at 1.6 vs 0.8 in favor of Leipzig, so basically in short we could say that Leipzig were the more dominant team outside of the two actual goal-scoring possessions. Of course goals are all that ultimately count, but overall they played a decent game and could reasonably feel a bit unlucky with the result, on the whole.
God Bless Thomas Müller
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Ben Gardner » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:28 pm

I don't have any great expectations on tonight's game against Sevilla. Sevilla is clear favorites and they should be if you compare the two teams performances lately. Hopefully we will give i a shot and don't make it easy for the Spaniards, but I have my doubts.
Ben Gardner
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Sweden

Postby Lukas » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:42 pm

When the draw was made I thought Dortmund had a great chance in this tie. Now I think the opposite
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
European Union

Postby aterford » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:50 pm

Ben Gardner wrote:I don't have any great expectations on tonight's game against Sevilla. Sevilla is clear favorites and they should be if you compare the two teams performances lately. Hopefully we will give i a shot and don't make it easy for the Spaniards, but I have my doubts.

Lukas wrote:When the draw was made I thought Dortmund had a great chance in this tie. Now I think the opposite

That's what I thought too. I would've readily picked BVB when the draw was announced. In the time since...both sides have pretty well been heading in opposite directions, I think Sevilla have to be favorites now. But who knows, UCL is weird sometimes.
God Bless Thomas Müller
aterford

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:07 pm

Porto and Sevilla both lead already
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:13 pm

Terzic has really been a disastrous appointment for BVB. I don't think think they have an amazing squad or anything but they are clearly underperforming.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist

Postby T4L10N » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:16 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:Terzic has really been a disastrous appointment for BVB. I don't think think they have an amazing squad or anything but they are clearly underperforming.

They could easily compete in BL for championship and reach around 1/2 in CL with that squad I think, if they had really good coach.
T4L10N
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby T4L10N » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:18 pm

that Sevilla goal reminded me Lucio against Chelsea in 04/05 season :(

Never thought Dahoud could shoot like that =D>
T4L10N
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:23 pm

T4L10N wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:Terzic has really been a disastrous appointment for BVB. I don't think think they have an amazing squad or anything but they are clearly underperforming.

They could easily compete in BL for championship and reach around 1/2 in CL with that squad I think, if they had really good coach.
Nah. Haaland is remarkable and maybe so is Sancho, but other than that they have a bunch of decent-but-not-great players all over the pitch. Some are just po young, others may be past it, and other are just plain not good enough (Burki, wtf is that guy still doing in the supposedly second best team in Germany!?!?!).

PunkCapitalist

Postby T4L10N » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:27 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
T4L10N wrote:

Nah. Haaland is remarkable and maybe so is Sancho, but other than that they have a bunch of decent-but-not-great players all over the pitch. Some are just po young, others may be past it, and other are just plain not good enough (Burki, wtf is that guy still doing in the supposedly second best team in Germany!?!?!).

Maybe but RBL and Eintracht are competing, so BVB also could. As for Europe, there are only 4-5 clubs where this BVB could be deemed as underdogs
T4L10N
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby T4L10N » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:30 pm

We need to leave that guy in Germany, sign him please. He's really generational talent, simply unstoppable.
T4L10N
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:31 pm

Well well well, look who decided to show up on the pitch finally.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby T4L10N » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:33 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Well well well, look who decided to show up on the pitch finally.

Am I missing something? who is it then?
T4L10N
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Ben Gardner » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:34 pm

If Haaland would participate in Pamplona Bull Run, he would probably scare the s**t out of every Bull and out run them.

He is on fire tonight....so far anyway.
Ben Gardner
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Sweden

Postby #12 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:37 pm

T4L10N wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Well well well, look who decided to show up on the pitch finally.

Am I missing something? who is it then?
Dortmund
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League