You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2020/21 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

How will Bayern do in the 2020/21 Champions League?

Only reach the Quarter-Finals
11%
Only reach the Semi-Finals
16%
Reach the Finals and Win
74%
Reach the Finals but Lose
No votes

Total votes : 19

Re: 2020/21 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby Fénix » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:13 am

Dead meat they are, indeed. Well done Pochettino!
It's his fierce rival Barcelona. Espanyol fans can also enjoy these days, though.

Leipzig are ridiculous and I expected from them not to look like Gladbach, S04, VfB, BVB and others.

I must say that I see them quite weak after they lost Werner. Maybe it's just me and nobody else, but Werner was giving them extra dimension. Guys like Poulsen, Nkunku and co. forward looked way better with him, his goals, assists, moves...

Let's see if they can actually attack us and overthrow from the Bundesliga throne. I think this clash is decided, Liverpool at Anfield in the CL... Nagelsmann has really so much to achieve, literally repeat City's recent triumph.
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:20 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:Barcelona in their last two UCL outings...
12 goals conceded
KO* outings.

But hilarious
JeeZ... since the pandemic I lost all sense of time...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:20 am

RBL's squad is just too weak.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:33 am

ramsej84 wrote:Vs Fiorentina we went through thanks to an off side goal by Miro

Nope

They also scored an off side goal in the 2nd leg

We've beaten Fiorentina, Napoli, Rome, and Juventus multiple times
- Hansi Legend Flick -
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby MUTU » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:00 am

ramsej84 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:RBL are not helping themselves... all German clubs will get eliminated at this stage... only us stand a chance
“Stand a chance”?????

Not even the most passionate Lazio supporter would think they have as much of a chance of getting past the best team in the world over 2 legs as you do.
For me it always 50/50 vs Italian clubs...
It must be my italophobia... but experience vindicates my fears...
With Juve we went through but after a miracle...
Vs Milan always out
Vs Inter the same
Vs Fiorentina we went through thanks to an off side goal by Miro

We only had a walk in the park vs AS Rom

Vs Juve we won 4-0 in 2013

Vs Milan we always met them in their peak, in fact they won the CL every time we met them except once when they lost the final. When we were in our peaks, Milan were nowhere to be found, usually not even qualifying for the CL.

Vs Inter we were unlucky but we had beat them in group stages anyway.

Vs Fiorentina we progressed despite an offside goal by Gilardino.

We had no problems against Roma or Napoli (except for injuries to Schweinsteiger and Alaba)
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:01 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:The last time we lost a game against Juve I was about 10 years old and they’re one of the teams we’ve faced most.

Please stop making me feel old.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby T4L10N » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:16 am

Overall, our fear vs Italians has more to do with the National team. ... and yeah, track record with Milan is also terrible

Funny thing is that it significantly worsened during 00s, which was the worst period for the NT as well as Bayern (partially)
T4L10N
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby Achilles » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:04 pm

RBL roster is not helping either, they are poor to challenge such teams even at this state of Liverpool.
In this situation I strongly believe that the coach does most of the job rather than the quality of the players.
If Werner was still with them and a great midfielder then we can talk but this squad is quite weak for CL triumphs.

Barcelona is in deep sh!t. They have been humiliated year after year conceding astronomical numbers into their net. It would be interesting to see MaTS ration in the knock-out stage, I'd bet it will be shocking and he has the nerves to demand starting Germany role.
Mbappe and Verratti were incredible yesterday.

As for the Italian thing, I don't believe Bayern has such problems like the German NT. I think we're doing OK.
Juventus hasn't beat us since ages and in the last decade against Italian clubs we're doing very well.
Apart from Inter(2010 and 2011) we have been winning with very good scoresheets.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:43 pm

Achilles wrote:RBL roster is not helping either, they are poor to challenge such teams even at this state of Liverpool.
In this situation I strongly believe that the coach does most of the job rather than the quality of the players.
If Werner was still with them and a great midfielder then we can talk but this squad is quite weak for CL triumphs.

Barcelona is in deep sh!t. They have been humiliated year after year conceding astronomical numbers into their net. It would be interesting to see MaTS ration in the knock-out stage, I'd bet it will be shocking and he has the nerves to demand starting Germany role.

As for the Italian thing, I don't believe Bayern has such problems like the German NT. I think we're doing OK.
Juventus hasn't beat us since ages and in the last decade against Italian clubs we're doing very well.
Apart from Inter(2010 and 2011) we have been winning with very good scoresheets.
Sorry but did you see the goals?
Not to mention that he saved them from another three or four goals
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby T4L10N » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:00 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
Achilles wrote:RBL roster is not helping either, they are poor to challenge such teams even at this state of Liverpool.

Sorry but did you see the goals?
Not to mention that he saved them from another three or four goals

Right, MATS has been their best player apart from Messi for so long that I dont even remember. I dont think he should be blamed for any of their humiliations in CL for past 5 years
T4L10N
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby Achilles » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:09 pm

I did but there are facts that he concedes way too much in the K.O stage for four years in a row? C'mon... If someone makes a blunder everybody crucifies but when he like a chair conceding more than half of the shots on target, we praise him?
He is a good GK definitely top-10 or so but there were statements about being MUCH better than Neuer...
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:11 pm

I think that he deserved to be the nr1 in Russia ... he had a fantastic season while in the meantime Neuer was recovering, however Loew still chose Manu over him and that was a very bad decision.
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:26 pm

Achilles wrote:I did but there are facts that he concedes way too much in the K.O stage for four years in a row? C'mon... If someone makes a blunder everybody crucifies but when he like a chair conceding more than half of the shots on target, we praise him?
He is a good GK definitely top-10 or so but there were statements about being MUCH better than Neuer...

If there were any doubts who is better, they were solved after Neuer's return after one year long injury that took him an additional one to find himself.
Since 2019/2020 season he has beaten himself. Better than ever before and the real, classic GK skills came under spotlight, not just sweeper-keeper/libero stuff and Neuer showed he is outstanding despite weak defensive game from his field teammates. :) Injury took him one whole year in career and he managed to return after unstable 2018/2019. That means a lot, a true winner. =D>

Ter Stegen lost that battle in Russia 2018 and it affected him big time, just like Ribéry when he lost FIFA Ballon d'Or in 2013. But that's life and the sooner you let it go, the better for you.

Brazilian striker Mario Jardel paid a real heavy price in life(not just in football career) for not being called-up for the World Cup 2002 despite some promises to be there.
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:27 pm

Ahhh speaking of Jardel... I really liked him big time...
Another bra forward turns 39 today... Adriano

Sorry for the ot
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby T4L10N » Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:42 pm

Judging by the Barcelona's defensive line-up, I wonder how one can blame Ter Stegen. its like 5 (including Busquets on top of 4 defenders) Bouna Sarrs running for them :D
T4L10N
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League