You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2020/21 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

How will Bayern do in the 2020/21 Champions League?

Only reach the Quarter-Finals
No votes
Only reach the Semi-Finals
17%
Reach the Finals and Win
83%
Reach the Finals but Lose
No votes

Total votes : 12

Re: 2020/21 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:24 pm

Societa Sportiva
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:06 am

I understand how frustrating is seeing us always trail by one or two goals match after match. Even against the likes of Union Berlin or Mainz

But if you think about it we've won the Treble + Supercups. That means not only our schedule is really tight, but we've also had less time to prepare for this season. And at the same time we are top of the league and topped our CL group with ease

Who is having a better season than us?

These are the teams that topped their CL Groups:

Real Madrid: They are currently second in the league just two points below Atletico but they've played two more games. And also they were humiliated by Shakhtar Donetsk's reserves... TWICE !

Manchester City: They've been pretty inconsistent in the Premier League this season and had quite a few disappointing results. They've managed to find some decent form lately though.

Liverpool: They eventually topped their group, but had some not so good performances in CL. They are the current PL leaders, but that could change soon as they've played more games than United or City. Quite a few defeats already this season including an embarrassing 7-2 loss vs the almighty Aston Villa

Chelsea: Despite the huge investment, they're having a very disappointing season and Lampard could be on his way out very soon

Dortmund: They're not having a good season and Favre has been sacked

Juventus: They currently sit far behind AC Milan and Inter in Serie A.

PSG: They're in a mess and Tuchel has been fired

You could argue that there's also Atletico de Madrid who are having a hell of a season in Spain, but we tore their a$$es with ease and finished above them in CL

So yeah, things could be better, but right now we are still the best team in Europe. We might win the treble or nothing at all but you can't argue with that IMO.

We'll see how the season pans out though. There might be teams that have a huge dip in form and others might be the total opposite.
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby #12 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:40 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:I understand how frustrating is seeing us always trail by one or two goals match after match. Even against the likes of Union Berlin or Mainz

But if you think about it we've won the Treble + Supercups. That means not only our schedule is really tight, but we've also had less time to prepare for this season. And at the same time we are top of the league and topped our CL group with ease

Who is having a better season than us?

These are the teams that topped their CL Groups:

Real Madrid: They are currently second in the league just two points below Atletico but they've played two more games. And also they were humiliated by Shakhtar Donetsk's reserves... TWICE !

Manchester City: They've been pretty inconsistent in the Premier League this season and had quite a few disappointing results. They've managed to find some decent form lately though.

Liverpool: They eventually topped their group, but had some not so good performances in CL. They are the current PL leaders, but that could change soon as they've played more games than United or City. Quite a few defeats already this season including an embarrassing 7-2 loss vs the almighty Aston Villa

Chelsea: Despite the huge investment, they're having a very disappointing season and Lampard could be on his way out very soon

Dortmund: They're not having a good season and Favre has been sacked

Juventus: They currently sit far behind AC Milan and Inter in Serie A.

PSG: They're in a mess and Tuchel has been fired

You could argue that there's also Atletico de Madrid who are having a hell of a season in Spain, but we tore their a$$es with ease and finished above them in CL

So yeah, things could be better, but right now we are still the best team in Europe. We might win the treble or nothing at all but you can't argue with that IMO.

We'll see how the season pans out though. There might be teams that have a huge dip in form and others might be the total opposite.
You’re right (except for PSG maybe, but that doesn’t concern us...)...

I also see and acknowledge this, I just get frustrated and angry far easier than others... Still trying to improve myself

That said I think there’s a difference between my temper and legit concerns (like when it comes to transfers/being over-cheap...)...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:03 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:You could argue that there's also Atletico de Madrid who are having a hell of a season in Spain, but we tore their a$$es with ease and finished above them in CL

And now worth noting that they've just lost to 3rd division Cornella
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Previous

Return to UEFA Champions League