You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2020/21 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

How will Bayern do in the 2020/21 Champions League?

Only reach the Quarter-Finals
11%
Only reach the Semi-Finals
16%
Reach the Finals and Win
74%
Reach the Finals but Lose
No votes

Total votes : 19

Re: 2020/21 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:24 pm

Societa Sportiva
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:06 am

I understand how frustrating is seeing us always trail by one or two goals match after match. Even against the likes of Union Berlin or Mainz

But if you think about it we've won the Treble + Supercups. That means not only our schedule is really tight, but we've also had less time to prepare for this season. And at the same time we are top of the league and topped our CL group with ease

Who is having a better season than us?

These are the teams that topped their CL Groups:

Real Madrid: They are currently second in the league just two points below Atletico but they've played two more games. And also they were humiliated by Shakhtar Donetsk's reserves... TWICE !

Manchester City: They've been pretty inconsistent in the Premier League this season and had quite a few disappointing results. They've managed to find some decent form lately though.

Liverpool: They eventually topped their group, but had some not so good performances in CL. They are the current PL leaders, but that could change soon as they've played more games than United or City. Quite a few defeats already this season including an embarrassing 7-2 loss vs the almighty Aston Villa

Chelsea: Despite the huge investment, they're having a very disappointing season and Lampard could be on his way out very soon

Dortmund: They're not having a good season and Favre has been sacked

Juventus: They currently sit far behind AC Milan and Inter in Serie A.

PSG: They're in a mess and Tuchel has been fired

You could argue that there's also Atletico de Madrid who are having a hell of a season in Spain, but we tore their a$$es with ease and finished above them in CL

So yeah, things could be better, but right now we are still the best team in Europe. We might win the treble or nothing at all but you can't argue with that IMO.

We'll see how the season pans out though. There might be teams that have a huge dip in form and others might be the total opposite.
- Hansi Legend Flick -
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby #12 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:40 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:I understand how frustrating is seeing us always trail by one or two goals match after match. Even against the likes of Union Berlin or Mainz

But if you think about it we've won the Treble + Supercups. That means not only our schedule is really tight, but we've also had less time to prepare for this season. And at the same time we are top of the league and topped our CL group with ease

Who is having a better season than us?

These are the teams that topped their CL Groups:

Real Madrid: They are currently second in the league just two points below Atletico but they've played two more games. And also they were humiliated by Shakhtar Donetsk's reserves... TWICE !

Manchester City: They've been pretty inconsistent in the Premier League this season and had quite a few disappointing results. They've managed to find some decent form lately though.

Liverpool: They eventually topped their group, but had some not so good performances in CL. They are the current PL leaders, but that could change soon as they've played more games than United or City. Quite a few defeats already this season including an embarrassing 7-2 loss vs the almighty Aston Villa

Chelsea: Despite the huge investment, they're having a very disappointing season and Lampard could be on his way out very soon

Dortmund: They're not having a good season and Favre has been sacked

Juventus: They currently sit far behind AC Milan and Inter in Serie A.

PSG: They're in a mess and Tuchel has been fired

You could argue that there's also Atletico de Madrid who are having a hell of a season in Spain, but we tore their a$$es with ease and finished above them in CL

So yeah, things could be better, but right now we are still the best team in Europe. We might win the treble or nothing at all but you can't argue with that IMO.

We'll see how the season pans out though. There might be teams that have a huge dip in form and others might be the total opposite.
You’re right (except for PSG maybe, but that doesn’t concern us...)...

I also see and acknowledge this, I just get frustrated and angry far easier than others... Still trying to improve myself

That said I think there’s a difference between my temper and legit concerns (like when it comes to transfers/being over-cheap...)...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:03 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:You could argue that there's also Atletico de Madrid who are having a hell of a season in Spain, but we tore their a$$es with ease and finished above them in CL

And now worth noting that they've just lost to 3rd division Cornella
God Bless Thomas Müller
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby aterford » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:30 pm

Well, in discussing big clubs struggling this season....Real Madrid just lost in the Copa del Rey against 3rd-tier Alcoyano, who were down to 10 men for the last 10 minutes.
God Bless Thomas Müller
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:17 am

What the actual fuck, UEFA?!

Can't see tweet? Click here!
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Fénix » Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:21 am

What's wrong MUTU? They can't postpone it. They have enough time to attack Germany to allow them to play in Leipzig. Everything is according to state rules, that's why UEFA asks them. They are Germans after all. They can always fúck up these things.
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby MUTU » Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:28 am

Fénix wrote:What's wrong MUTU? They can't postpone it. They have enough time to attack Germany to allow them to play in Leipzig. Everything is according to state rules, that's why UEFA asks them. They are Germans after all. They can always fúck up these things.

I'll tell you what I find wrong... let's say Bayern don't go to Berlin tomorrow and don't show up at the stadium, because they decide it's better for them to travel tonight to Qatar, who do you think gets the 3-0 walkover in their favour, Bayern or Hertha?

Liverpool being unable to travel to Germany is absolutely NOT Leipzig's fault; it SHOULD BE Liverpool's problem and they should be the ones trying to get a travel exception from the German government. If THEY don't manage, and someone absolutely needs to be given a walkover, then it should be Leipzig who deserve to get awarded the 3-0, because it would be Liverpool who failed to show up.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:49 am

Maybe if you were to travel to a communist state such as SSSR, DDR, Yugoslavia, Czechoslovakia, etc, then you would have to look for permission to enter the country, but this is not the case right now.

German government should have made exceptions long time ago. UEFA warned Germany in any case what happens, so they know. They play in front of empty stands and there are so many restrictions therefore I don't see any need to look for a travel exception.

btw. That could also mean that after the CWC Bayern might look for a travel exception to return home since they left the country for 10 days or something despite being German nationals and residents.
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby #12 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:14 pm

This rule was established pre-season and everybody agreed... I think I already pointed this out back then but no one reacted...
Another weird thing is they seem to be entitled to travel by plane at all costs
Either way... It’s a previously agreed on rule...
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby DRvad14 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:39 pm

Fénix wrote:Maybe if you were to travel to a communist state such as SSSR, DDR, Yugoslavia, Czechoslovakia, etc, then you would have to look for permission to enter the country, but this is not the case right now.

German government should have made exceptions long time ago. UEFA warned Germany in any case what happens, so they know. They play in front of empty stands and there are so many restrictions therefore I don't see any need to look for a travel exception.

btw. That could also mean that after the CWC Bayern might look for a travel exception to return home since they left the country for 10 days or something despite being German nationals and residents.

i assume the travel restrictions are for varients s condering covid is endemic now it shouldn't affect Bayern coming back besides pretty sure Germany has more covids per day than Qatar . Salzburg could an easy workable option for them hope the game isnt canceled good time to meet Liverpool thanks to #13's jinx
DRvad14
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby MUTU » Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:30 pm

Leipzig should turn this in their favour. They should move it some place where spectators are allowed. They'd make money and have support in their favour.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:06 pm

MUTU wrote:Leipzig should turn this in their favour. They should move it some place where spectators are allowed. They'd make money and have support in their favour.

Seriously... Think about this for a second...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Fénix » Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:17 pm

@MUTU, that's possible in Belarus. :lol: :lol: At least it was last year, haha.
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby DRvad14 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:29 pm

or most places in the world :evil:
DRvad14
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League