You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2020/21 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

How will Bayern do in the 2020/21 Champions League?

Only reach the Quarter-Finals
No votes
Only reach the Semi-Finals
17%
Reach the Finals and Win
83%
Reach the Finals but Lose
No votes

Total votes : 12

Re: 2020/21 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:03 pm

MUTU wrote:This is golden. Turns out that despite the walkout for a perceived racist remark 'black' by the Romanian fourth official which led to a walkout by PSG and Istanbul, it was in fact the Turks who were the bigger racists because an Istanbul player told the 4th official "in my country Romanians are gypsies", a derogatory term unlike 'black'. They had earlier referred to the referee's Romanian nationality in English whilst protesting a booking.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sport ... gypsy.html
Exactly what I told Fenix...
God knows what kind of abuse he is faced with when he goes to officiate out of Romania
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Re: [2020-12-14] Bayern Munich vs ??? — CL draw

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:35 pm

Now everyone will think it’s made up :P :P
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Jorge » Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:18 am

I am buying an abacus to keep up with the scoreline.
Jorge
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby MUTU » Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:44 am

Jorge wrote:

I am buying an abacus to keep up with the scoreline.

I don't understand you...
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby aaaaaa » Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:58 pm

this is kind of funny, well if you are a Bayern fan :D

I really like reading the Barca forum, real down to earth normal fans, unlike lets say the Bluemoon :D ;this comment is great " If you gave us a 10 goal head start vs Bayern in the R16, who would be favorite? "
aaaaaa
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby vtotheinay » Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:27 am

kinda thinking it might be PSGs year finally this year. ligue 1 is the only league that didnt resume the 2nd half of last season so all their teams had an insane amount of time off. they're going to have the freshest legs as if they had a full offseason (actually longer) and all the clubs from other leagues including us seem to be mentallly and/or physically burnt out. PSG is hitting full stride a bit and neymar and mbappe are starting to get into really good form. if they stay healthy they have the biggest advantage imo simply due to what happened with last season
vtotheinay
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:05 am

vtotheinay wrote:kinda thinking it might be PSGs year finally this year. ligue 1 is the only league that didnt resume the 2nd half of last season so all their teams had an insane amount of time off. they're going to have the freshest legs as if they had a full offseason (actually longer) and all the clubs from other leagues including us seem to be mentallly and/or physically burnt out. PSG is hitting full stride a bit and neymar and mbappe are starting to get into really good form. if they stay healthy they have the biggest advantage imo simply due to what happened with last season
I have the same feeling as well.
Although it is too early to say.
City and Liverpool will also be there and I am not counting Real or Juve out.
We stand no chance maybe we will reach the QF and that's it...
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:37 am

It will be either Bayern or Liverpool.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:48 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:It will be either Bayern or Liverpool.
Therefore you are predicting that we can reach the final again.... wow
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Sensei » Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:54 am

ramsej84 wrote:
vtotheinay wrote:kinda thinking it might be PSGs year finally this year. ligue 1 is the only league that didnt resume the 2nd half of last season so all their teams had an insane amount of time off. they're going to have the freshest legs as if they had a full offseason (actually longer) and all the clubs from other leagues including us seem to be mentallly and/or physically burnt out. PSG is hitting full stride a bit and neymar and mbappe are starting to get into really good form. if they stay healthy they have the biggest advantage imo simply due to what happened with last season
I have the same feeling as well.
Although it is too early to say.
City and Liverpool will also be there and I am not counting Real or Juve out.
We stand no chance maybe we will reach the QF and that's it...

A bit too early to come to that conclusion. I'll start worrying if we're playing the same in February.
Sensei
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

2020/21 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:24 am

ramsej84 wrote:
Yes, of course. I don’t imagine our current form will last all season.

Thiago is the big loss but other than I believe our squad is stronger than last year’s IF our players find their rhythm.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:12 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:
Yes, of course. I don’t imagine our current form will last all season.

Thiago is the big loss but other than I believe our squad is stronger than last year’s IF our players find their rhythm.
How so?
We had ten players in ABSOLUTE top form, right now we have two...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:17 pm

Like I said, if our players find their rhythm.

Simply on the basis of departures vs arrivals we are better, with Thiago being the only downgrade. For every other departure on paper we got a better player, and we’re also seeing encouraging signs from Musiala and Richards though they’re not there yet.

On paper counts for shit, of course, but there is absolutely no guarantee the same loss of form wouldn’t have happened anyway with the same squad. IF our players play up to their potential, we’re better. I believe eventually most will.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:34 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Like I said, if our players find their rhythm.

Simply on the basis of departures vs arrivals we are better, with Thiago being the only downgrade. For every other departure on paper we got a better player, and we’re also seeing encouraging signs from Musiala and Richards though they’re not there yet.

On paper counts for shit, of course, but there is absolutely no guarantee the same loss of form wouldn’t have happened anyway with the same squad. IF our players play up to their potential, we’re better. I believe eventually most will.
I see it differently, but I DO know we can play much better which is what is making me so furious...

I think our new arrivals are mostly DOA (pun intended)... Which was to be expected what with them being panic buys and all... But when some pointed this out in the summer, they were already branded back then... Truth is ONE player is out currently and we already play horseshit... If Sarr, EMCM, Costa had to be regulars, we wouldn’t win Bundesliga for sure...

But btt: on paper we are better than THIS... I don’t know if we can bring it all to the field in such a long season, but I EXPECT dealing with a KNOWN problem in a professional way and not that the first 2% of the game already show you it'll be more if the same shit on a different day!
If we draw 0-0 and just have no power, ok... If we are down YET AGAIN after 2 minutes, it’s just unprofessional!
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:08 am

All of this is true but TBH at the same time most every other top club (or the ones who would be our big competitors in the UCL) are largely struggling in similar ways.

Bayern's recent form: D W D D W W
Liverpool: D D W W D L
Real Madrid: W W W L L W
Barcelona: W L L W W W
City: D W W D W W
PSG: L W W W D W
Atletico: L W W D W D
Probably best at the moment is Juve (W W W W D W) but even they have not looked unbeatable by any means. We aren't exactly lighting the world on fire at the moment but nobody else really is, either.
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League