You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2020/21 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

How will Bayern do in the 2020/21 Champions League?

Only reach the Quarter-Finals
11%
Only reach the Semi-Finals
16%
Reach the Finals and Win
74%
Reach the Finals but Lose
No votes

Total votes : 19

Re: 2020/21 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:10 pm

Meanwhile, Juve just got their second penalty of the night
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Dumbledore7 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:10 pm

Ter Stegen poor. I could tell from my screen Ronaldo was going left.
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby IsiahRashad » Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:21 pm

Salihamidžić: “Correct. Dayot Upamecano will play for FC Bayern for the next five years."
IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby MUTU » Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:23 pm

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:23 pm

IsiahRashad wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!

If I were watching a team full of black players and one white player, I would definitely call him "the white guy" and I'm convinced so would most people. In this case it was a staff member so you can't even check his name on the shirt or use his number.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Lukas » Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:25 pm

I agree with Demba Ba. No need to say “the black guy” (or the White/short/bald/blonde haired etc guy) As the referee, learn who you’re dealing with pre match and say their names! He is the assistant coach and surely deserves some respect
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
European Union

Postby MUTU » Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:28 pm

Lukas wrote:I agree with Demba Ba. No need to say “the black guy” (or the White/short/bald/blonde haired etc guy) As the referee, learn who you’re dealing with pre match and say their names! He is the assistant coach and surely deserves some respect

I don't know, I think using a distinguishing feature is fine. I mean if he had really long hair, are you not allowed to say "the one with the long hair" for fear of being accused of being discriminatory on hair length?
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby IsiahRashad » Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:29 pm

Meanwhile, Leipzig toying with United.
Salihamidžić: “Correct. Dayot Upamecano will play for FC Bayern for the next five years."
IsiahRashad

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Lukas » Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:29 pm

3-0 to Leipzig!
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
European Union

Postby MUTU » Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:29 pm

Jaaaaaaaaaaa Leipzig 3-0
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Lukas » Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:31 pm

MUTU wrote:
Lukas wrote:I agree with Demba Ba. No need to say “the black guy” (or the White/short/bald/blonde haired etc guy) As the referee, learn who you’re dealing with pre match and say their names! He is the assistant coach and surely deserves some respect

I don't know, I think using a distinguishing feature is fine. I mean if he had really long hair, are you not allowed to say "the one with the long hair" for fear of being accused of being discriminatory on hair length?

To me it’s not really about discrimination (although certain descriptions could be deemed more discriminatory than others) It’s more about respect for those you are working with
Lukas
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
European Union

Postby MUTU » Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:32 pm

MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Dumbledore7 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:34 pm

MUTU wrote:

It's not that black and white (lol pun intended), the line morally drawn by each person is arbitrary. Let's forget about the term "black" - I think most here would agree that it'd be insensitive to refer to a specific feature of a person if it's "the blind guy" or "the guy with one leg". So maybe some believe that skin colour is over that line, and some not. Ultimately, at this day and age the common denominator is that skin colour is now over that line for most people so it's your responsibility to be careful with words, for your own sake if not for other people's feelings.
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:35 pm

Lukas wrote:
MUTU wrote:

To me it’s not really about discrimination (although certain descriptions could be deemed more discriminatory than others) It’s more about respect for those you are working with

That's a fair view, but it's a different issue. If he didn't know, it's too late, he's got to use a distinguishing feature or else just point at him. And let's face it, he picked the best one to use.

I don't get why the fuss if it wasn't used in a negative way, anyway. It's like saying it's offensive to say "the black guy is the smartest person in the room".
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Lukas » Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:36 pm

Looks like Barca are finishing second. We know what that means :mrgreen:

Tormageddon 2 anyone? :P
Lukas
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
European Union

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League