You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2020/21 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

How will Bayern do in the 2020/21 Champions League?

Only reach the Quarter-Finals
11%
Only reach the Semi-Finals
16%
Reach the Finals and Win
74%
Reach the Finals but Lose
No votes

Total votes : 19

Re: 2020/21 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:03 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
MUTU wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Why has football been reduced to a video game? I don’t understand the comparison.

I don't know, maybe Haaland's robotic movements and interviews?

:lol:

thing is that they are giving nano cms off sides as if it is on pes or fifa
I tend to agree as those go against the spirit of the offside rule, but then where do you draw the line?

The maddening thing is that VAR is checked for those chances (it is not immediately obvious that VAR needs to be checked) but then it isn’t in cases like Lazio’s.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:09 pm

I have said how I would like it to work but then mutu came out to debunk it by stating something extreme...

My idea is to have var sitting quietly....
Then each coach will have 3 or 5 chances per game to consult it if he / she has a doubt....

P.s is var present in pro female football?
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby nm462272 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:15 pm

ramsej84 wrote:I have said how I would like it to work but then mutu came out to debunk it by stating something extreme...

Then each coach will have 3 or 5 chances per game to consult it if he / she has a doubt....

i beieve in Baseball they have a similar system - a coach is allowed to challenge a call a certain number of times per game, and if they challenge, then it goes to video review. I haven't watched much baseball the last couple of years, but I understand the system works quite well.
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:20 pm

nm462272 wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:I have said how I would like it to work but then mutu came out to debunk it by stating something extreme...

i beieve in Baseball they have a similar system - a coach is allowed to challenge a call a certain number of times per game, and if they challenge, then it goes to video review. I haven't watched much baseball the last couple of years, but I understand the system works quite well.

even rugby I think... and tennis
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:45 pm

Coaches would use it to waste time and corrupt refs would make 6+ wrong decisions and still fuck you. No thanks. All they need to do is that when VAR misses something blatantly obvious like what happened in the BVB match their career is over just in the same way a surgeon would if he amputates the wrong leg. They need to be held accountable for their actions. Their decision cost BVB hundreds of thousands in prize money, coefficient points for 5 whole years and Bundesliga coefficient points for 5 years as well. It could also result in them finishing 2nd in the group, skewing up the competition.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:55 pm

MUTU wrote:

Coaches would use it to waste time and corrupt refs would make 6+ wrong decisions and still fuck you. No thanks. All they need to do is that when VAR misses something blatantly obvious like what happened in the BVB match their career is over just in the same way a surgeon would if he amputates the wrong leg. They need to be held accountable for their actions. Their decision cost BVB hundreds of thousands in prize money, coefficient points for 5 whole years and Bundesliga coefficient points for 5 years as well. It could also result in them finishing 2nd in the group, skewing up the competition.
Yeap. And it's not just this one thing. It's incredible how unaccountable football is. There is so much corruption and no one ends up in jail :-/

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Fénix » Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:08 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:Yeap. And it's not just this one thing. It's incredible how unaccountable football is. There is so much corruption and no one ends up in jail :-/

Because being imprisoned depends on how much your net worth is.

By the way, it has nothing to do with football, but life in general. :D And it's a common thing and "good" for all European countries, even the most developed.

Messi must have ended up in jail few years ago and get few years of prison or at least his father must have spent 5-6 years in prison. Just because he is so rich and famous should have served as an example and yet he served in Spain to be an example how some poor, bottom, low life folks only can end up in cells for couple of years. :)
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby PunkCapitalist » Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:22 pm

Fénix wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:Yeap. And it's not just this one thing. It's incredible how unaccountable football is. There is so much corruption and no one ends up in jail :-/

By the way, it has nothing to do with football, but life in general. :D And it's a common thing and "good" for all European countries, even the most developed.

Messi must have ended up in jail few years ago and get few years of prison or at least his father must have spent 5-6 years in prison. Just because he is so rich and famous should have served as an example and yet he served in Spain to be an example how some poor, bottom, low life folks only can end up in cells for couple of years. :)
That's just not true. If these stuff happens in business or government and gets caught, the guy goes to jail.

PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:26 pm

MUTU wrote:

They could even still be eliminated, I think.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:27 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:That's just not true. If these stuff happens in business or government and gets caught, the guy goes to jail.

In my country which is a EU member definitely not. Go figure how serious is Europe. Or that alcoholic Jean-Claude Juncker from Luxembourg who also should have been sentenced to prison.
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:29 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:That's just not true. If these stuff happens in business or government and gets caught, the guy goes to jail.

Thanks for the reminder about just how much of a third world country Malta is!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:33 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:

Thanks for the reminder about just how much of a third world country Malta is!

Noooooooo!!! We are first world countries and societies, it's just we don't want to be first world country like others but on our own perception of being first. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You know how it is on Mediterranean. :mrgreen: Not just your neighborhood, Balkan, but also the whole North Africa. We are buddies! :lol: :lol: :lol: The Olive Alliance should be formed among all of us. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Fénix » Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:08 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
nm462272 wrote:

even rugby I think... and tennis

Before VAR, many were mentioning tennis for years with that challenge thing, but honestly, it makes no sense.

The whole thing with VAR has gone from one side and being against technology to completely another side where every referee checks every single goal, even those that are clear and regular, so obvious from the stands and it can be from time to time really irritating to watch and wait the whole circus for 30 seconds or a minute.
Why not hire 20 referees in a room, install cameras on every single position every few meters, put one referee on the pitch and then every few meters are covered with referees.
It's almost like tennis where you have those line folks who keep an eye on players' service and is the ball in or out.

Perfectionism is generally not good for human beings just like idealism. The whole thing with football has gone way too far unlike with basketball, handball, waterpolo, hockey, NFL and other team sports. It's not taken too seriously, though. :)
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby #12 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:53 pm

Fénix wrote:

Europe?

You know this is probably the least corrupt place in the world, right?!
FFS, Trump is about to pre-emptively pardon himself
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Fénix » Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:29 pm

#12 wrote:You know this is probably the least corrupt place in the world, right?!

It's still corrupted despite "the least". :lol: :lol: That's simply life and it shall always be like this. :)
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League