You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2020/21 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.
 

How will Bayern do in the 2020/21 Champions League?

Only reach the Quarter-Finals
2
11%
Only reach the Semi-Finals
3
16%
Reach the Finals and Win
14
74%
Reach the Finals but Lose
0
No votes
 
Total votes : 19

Re: 2020/21 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby Alexander » Sun May 30, 2021 7:38 pm

"Salihamidzic publicy stated that HE proposed Kovac to the board"

Ok. I have read a different story.

"And we all know why Flick left"

I think it was his desire to manage Germany.

"whom he contacted in February already"

Without permission from the board?

I have never said everything that is good is thanks to him.
Alexander
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 814
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:52 pm
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 157 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2020/21 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby Ottomeister87 » Sun May 30, 2021 7:44 pm

T4L10N wrote:
Alexander wrote:
"i don`t he still can be mentioned on any list though"

How many big matches are required to be put on the list?

"a typical choker as much as it could be"

Is El Clasico a big match? The non finals CL matches? I say he has decided a lot more than 3-4 of them.


El classico may be a big match for RM/Barca fans but it aint anything at least for me. its just 6 points out of possible 114 so who cares.

So here let me break down Messi's track record in playoff games in CL.

2020: Napoli (1/8) - meh, us (1/4) - big match - invisible
2019: Lyon (1/8) - meh, Man U (1/4) - meh, LFC - big match - I definitely give him 1st game, in 2nd one - invisible
2018: Chelsea (1/8) - meh, Roma (1/4) - meh and invisible in the 2nd one
2017: PSG (1/8) - Neymar bossed that game, Juventus (1/4) - invisible
2016: Arsenal (1/8) - meh, AM (1/4) - invisible
2015: City (1/8) - meh, PSG (1/4) - Neymar bossed both games, us (1/2) I give him first game no doubt, 2nd not so much relevant still Neymar bossed it, Final - still Neymar
2014: City (1/8) - meh, AM (1/4) - invisible
2013: Milan (1/8) - meh but still give him that for the sake of comeback, PSG (1/4) - meh but give that to him if you want, dont remember that game well, us (1/2) - not only invisible, but got himself "boateng"-ed by Ribery
2012: Leverkusen (1/8) - meh, Milan (1/4) - meh but scored 2 penalties as far as I remember. Chelsea (1/2) - invisible and missed penalty
2011: Arsenal (1/8) - meh, Shakhtar (1/4) - meh, RM (1/2) I give him that as well as final vs MU

I might be wrong for a game or 2 but overall I dont really see his consistent impact in big games.


Meh vs Leverkusen 2012? He scored 5 in that game lol
Ottomeister87
I post all the time
 
Posts: 1878
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:25 am
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 334 times
Been thanked: 517 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2020/21 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby T4L10N » Sun May 30, 2021 7:47 pm

Ottomeister87 wrote:
Meh vs Leverkusen 2012? He scored 5 in that game lol


"Meh" means not a big match in my books as Leverkusen was meh team :D
Last edited by T4L10N on Sun May 30, 2021 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
T4L10N
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 605
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:17 am
Has thanked: 501 times
Been thanked: 225 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2020/21 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun May 30, 2021 7:50 pm

T4L10N wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:You can have whatever opinion you want, but the Spanish Clásico is the second biggest game in the football season after the CL final


Yeah, I've heard it overshadows even WC final :D

PS. Good for you as they gonna play 45 Classicos once they launch ESL.

PPS. and Barca is a second best team in the world history :(


I said in the football season, the WC only happens every four years, so it's a different thing.

Not good for me. I only watch it when my friends invite me to come over for a barbecue and beers. But it is undeniably the biggest match in football besides the CL final.
User avatar
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 9357
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:15 pm
Has thanked: 3939 times
Been thanked: 3653 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2020/21 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby T4L10N » Sun May 30, 2021 7:54 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
T4L10N wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:You can have whatever opinion you want, but the Spanish Clásico is the second biggest game in the football season after the CL final


Yeah, I've heard it overshadows even WC final :D

PS. Good for you as they gonna play 45 Classicos once they launch ESL.

PPS. and Barca is a second best team in the world history :(


I said in the football season, the WC only happens every four years, so it's a different thing.

Not good for me. I only watch it when my friends invite me to come over for a barbecue and beers. But it is undeniably the biggest match in football besides the CL final.


I see, and because of hype nothing more. Its 6 points games (2 matches), max 12 if you count in that its direct competitor (out of 114) so excuse me if its overhyped Betis vs Sevilla match for me :D . On a serious note, it can be as meaningful as LA - Boston in regular season in NBA.
T4L10N
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 605
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:17 am
Has thanked: 501 times
Been thanked: 225 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2020/21 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun May 30, 2021 8:04 pm

T4L10N wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:
T4L10N wrote:[quote="PunkCapitalist"]You can have whatever opinion you want, but the Spanish Clásico is the second biggest game in the football season after the CL final


Yeah, I've heard it overshadows even WC final :D

PS. Good for you as they gonna play 45 Classicos once they launch ESL.

PPS. and Barca is a second best team in the world history :(


I said in the football season, the WC only happens every four years, so it's a different thing.

Not good for me. I only watch it when my friends invite me to come over for a barbecue and beers. But it is undeniably the biggest match in football besides the CL final.


I see, and because of hype nothing more. Its 6 points games (2 matches), max 12 if you count in that its direct competitor (out of 114) so excuse me if its overhyped Betis vs Sevilla match for me :D . On a serious note, it can be as meaningful as LA - Boston in regular season in NBA.[/quote]Seriously? That's your argument? Technically ALL matches are important just because of the hype. Why is one trophy more important than another? It's just "hype".
User avatar
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 9357
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:15 pm
Has thanked: 3939 times
Been thanked: 3653 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2020/21 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby T4L10N » Sun May 30, 2021 8:20 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:Seriously? That's your argument? Technically ALL matches are important just because of the hype. Why is one trophy more important than another? It's just "hype".

Nah, mate, my argument is that its 3 points game each. Max 6 if you take into account the direct competition, makes it twice as important as matches against Sociedad and Getafe, nothing more. Thats why I call CL matches more important. Is it so hard to grasp ?

Ignore hype, CL will always be more important than National championship since it crowns champion between the champions (at least it used to). BTW: during 90s many people thought Scudetto was more important than CL, apparently due to hype.

Also winning Classico doesnt directly grant you trophy apparently
T4L10N
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 605
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:17 am
Has thanked: 501 times
Been thanked: 225 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2020/21 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun May 30, 2021 8:33 pm

T4L10N wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:Seriously? That's your argument? Technically ALL matches are important just because of the hype. Why is one trophy more important than another? It's just "hype".

Nah, mate, my argument is that its 3 points game each. Max 6 if you take into account the direct competition, makes it twice as important as matches against Sociedad and Getafe, nothing more. Thats why I call CL matches more important. Is it so hard to grasp ?

Ignore hype, CL will always be more important than National championship since it crowns champion between the champions (at least it used to). BTW: during 90s many people thought Scudetto was more important than CL, apparently due to hype.

Also winning Classico doesnt directly grant you trophy apparently
I get what you're saying, I'm just pointing out that from the point of view of public attention/interest (what you call hype), it's rare for even a CL semi final to be as big as el clásico. Whether the prize is six points or qualifying to the CL final is not relevant in that sense, and ultimately wether the CL or the league is more important is also a matter of "hype". Hell... Taking this argument to the extreme, why is the FA Cup more important than the Carabao Cup? Hype..

Why is that so is a whole different conversation and whether it will now fade somewhat given that the Messi-Ronaldo rivalry ended is also a different question.
User avatar
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 9357
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:15 pm
Has thanked: 3939 times
Been thanked: 3653 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2020/21 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby T4L10N » Sun May 30, 2021 8:39 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:I get what you're saying, I'm just pointing out that from the point of view of public attention/interest (what you call hype), it's rare for even a CL semi final to be as big as el clásico. Whether the prize is six points or qualifying to the CL final is not relevant in that sense, and ultimately wether the CL or the league is more important is also a matter of "hype". Hell... Taking this argument to the extreme, why is the FA Cup more important than the Carabao Cup? Hype..

Why is that so is a whole different conversation and whether it will now fade somewhat given that the Messi-Ronaldo rivalry ended is also a different question.


Completely with you on this. and agree hype matters in that sense. Its just Zidane vs Brazil (06 one, 98 was also brilliant though) and Ronaldinho vs RM will never be in a same sentence (as big matches) for me (if you remember those 2).

FA cup is even more hyped than PL afaik. its due to history and nothing wrong with that. Also any of our player can be deemed as big game players if they perform well against BVB even not as hyped as El Classico, right? Tbh: as I see we got 3 big game players now, Muller, Neuer and Gnabry. Hope Lewa proves me wrong upcoming season :coffee:
T4L10N
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 605
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:17 am
Has thanked: 501 times
Been thanked: 225 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2020/21 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun May 30, 2021 9:11 pm

T4L10N wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:I get what you're saying, I'm just pointing out that from the point of view of public attention/interest (what you call hype), it's rare for even a CL semi final to be as big as el clásico. Whether the prize is six points or qualifying to the CL final is not relevant in that sense, and ultimately wether the CL or the league is more important is also a matter of "hype". Hell... Taking this argument to the extreme, why is the FA Cup more important than the Carabao Cup? Hype..

Why is that so is a whole different conversation and whether it will now fade somewhat given that the Messi-Ronaldo rivalry ended is also a different question.


Completely with you on this. and agree hype matters in that sense. Its just Zidane vs Brazil (06 one, 98 was also brilliant though) and Ronaldinho vs RM will never be in a same sentence (as big matches) for me (if you remember those 2).

FA cup is even more hyped than PL afaik. its due to history and nothing wrong with that. Also any of our player can be deemed as big game players if they perform well against BVB even not as hyped as El Classico, right? Tbh: as I see we got 3 big game players now, Muller, Neuer and Gnabry. Hope Lewa proves me wrong upcoming season :coffee:
Ummm that's an interesting thought. I can't speak to the France-Brazil 2006 pre-game hype, i don't remember. Of course, the match itself was epic, and Zidane put in one of the all time great performances. It was also a WC, which is every four years. There is another factor, it was almost two decades ago. I don't think any contemporary NT match would have that pull.

PD: as a side note, it's tough to conceptualize "hype" back then. I mean, I was in school at the time, so for me hype was what my classmates spoke about. I studied with a many second gen italians, so that was the strongest "hype" xD without the internet and international media, hype was just very different than today.
Last edited by PunkCapitalist on Sun May 30, 2021 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 9357
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:15 pm
Has thanked: 3939 times
Been thanked: 3653 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2020/21 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby #12 » Sun May 30, 2021 9:20 pm

Alexander wrote:"Salihamidzic publicy stated that HE proposed Kovac to the board"

Ok. I have read a different story.

"And we all know why Flick left"

I think it was his desire to manage Germany.

"whom he contacted in February already"

Without permission from the board?

I have never said everything that is good is thanks to him.
Well I heard and saw him say it... On live TV...

Don’t know about the board... Does that matter?
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 27962
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 1405 times
Been thanked: 6217 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2020/21 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby T4L10N » Sun May 30, 2021 9:58 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:Ummm that's an interesting thought. I can't speak to the France-Brazil 2006 pre-game hype, i don't remember. Of course, the match itself was epic, and Zidane put in one of the all time great performances. It was also a WC, which is every four years. There is another factor, it was almost two decades ago. I don't think any contemporary NT match would have that pull.

PD: as a side note, it's tough to conceptualize "hype" back then. I mean, I was in school at the time, so for me hype was what my classmates spoke about. I studied with a many second gen italians, so that was the strongest "hype" xD without the internet and international media, hype was just very different than today.


Yeah, its very tough to pull that kind of hype in today's games probably even in WC not to mention CL. It was different back then. As for 90s, matches between Inter/Milan/Juve/Lazio/Parma/etc were more hyped than your CL not to mention El Classico. I remember those times. not only for fans but players themselves were talking how important Scudetto was for them, even more than CL. It was strange for me but I understood that since 95% of world's top class players played there. Current PL is not even close to that kind of hype Serie A had back then.
T4L10N
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 605
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:17 am
Has thanked: 501 times
Been thanked: 225 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2020/21 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby Alexander » Mon May 31, 2021 5:27 am

"Don`t know about the board...Does that matter?"

In my opinion it does because they are in charge. If you listen to Kahn he says they got the one they wanted.

"Well I heard him and saw him say it...On live TV"

I have heard Hoeness saying other things.
Alexander
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 814
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:52 pm
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 157 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2020/21 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby #12 » Mon May 31, 2021 11:59 am

Alexander wrote:"Don`t know about the board...Does that matter?"

In my opinion it does because they are in charge. If you listen to Kahn he says they got the one they wanted.

"Well I heard him and saw him say it...On live TV"

I have heard Hoeness saying other things.
Huh?

We‘re talking about Salihamidzic discussing a change of coaches mid season with no need whatsoever... What does Kahn and what he says after getting Nagelsmann have to do with it?


Re: Hoeness, I very much doubt that

For example, run this through GT and read Hoeness‘ word for word quote towards the end:

https://www.sport1.de/fussball/champion ... haring_app


Oh yeah, fun we had
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 27962
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 1405 times
Been thanked: 6217 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2020/21 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby Fénix » Mon May 31, 2021 1:59 pm



If you wanna win the CL, buy yourself a Croat. :mrgreen:

So FC Bayern need another Croat, but a very good one, not Olić & Pranjić caliber. :)
User avatar
Fénix
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 12630
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:11 pm
Location: Croatia
National Flag:
Croatia
Has thanked: 5662 times
Been thanked: 5306 times
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], SemrushBot [Bot], Yandex [Bot] and 3 guests