You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2020/21 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

How will Bayern do in the 2020/21 Champions League?

Only reach the Quarter-Finals
11%
Only reach the Semi-Finals
16%
Reach the Finals and Win
74%
Reach the Finals but Lose
No votes

Total votes : 19

Re: 2020/21 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby IsiahRashad » Sun May 30, 2021 12:24 pm

N'Golo Kanté in the Round of 16 2nd leg: Player of the Match

Kante in the semifinal 1st leg: Player of the Match

Kante in the semifinal 2nd leg: Player of the Match

Kante in the final of the Champions League: Player of the Match
Salihamidžić: “Correct. Dayot Upamecano will play for FC Bayern for the next five years."
IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby T4L10N » Sun May 30, 2021 12:30 pm

Why you guys are so obsessed to being called the "best team"? We were the best team under Pep and by far, but guess what, we never won anything in Europe. I prefer to win CL back to back while other teams being called the best (why would I care who call what?). Yes we were the best last year and by a big margin. This year we could be best but failed (yet we could possibly win the final 8 out of 10 against Chelsea but it never happened). All I want next year is to win that 7th CL and equal Milan's record and wont care whether others call us best or not.
T4L10N
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Alexander » Sun May 30, 2021 12:30 pm

"Barca have two"

Depends on how you count. They have won one of the last 10 titles but two in the decade 2011-2020.

"I am aware of the importance of a good coach"

Pep fails over and over in the CL. Is he a good coach?

"They have bigger and more quality players in their squad"

Ok. I guess you want to swap squad with Chelsea. How many world class players do they have by your standard written in the other thread?
Last edited by Alexander on Sun May 30, 2021 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alexander
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby Ottomeister87 » Sun May 30, 2021 12:35 pm

The only player i would like at Bayern from yesterdays match? KdB or that Chelsea keeper, rest they can keep. Not even Kante i would want compared to Gore/Kimmich.
Ottomeister87
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby T4L10N » Sun May 30, 2021 12:36 pm

Pep is called fraud for a reason. He dismantled our world beater squad due to his strange obsessions. then went to City and spend enormous amount of money only to lose to teams like Lyon and Tottenham. At last he came close to CL and once more experimented in the very final losing without much chance. He was just lucky Ovrebo was there to save his Barca in 09.
T4L10N
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby T4L10N » Sun May 30, 2021 12:38 pm

Ottomeister87 wrote:The only player i would like at Bayern from yesterdays match? KdB or that Chelsea keeper, rest they can keep. Not even Kante i would want compared to Gore/Kimmich.

Exactly, just the only player I would take from that Chelsea is Kai (as long-term successor to Muller) and thats even in 3-4 years from now.
T4L10N
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Ottomeister87 » Sun May 30, 2021 12:40 pm

Its pretty obvious that when it comes down to it, Pep and his teams blatantly fail by dumbass mistakes or stupid tactical changes.. Is he a great coach, maybe, but he always thinks he has to define coaching as a whole new..
Ottomeister87
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sun May 30, 2021 1:38 pm

T4L10N wrote:Why you guys are so obsessed to being called the "best team"? We were the best team under Pep and by far, but guess what, we never won anything in Europe. I prefer to win CL back to back while other teams being called the best (why would I care who call what?). Yes we were the best last year and by a big margin. This year we could be best but failed (yet we could possibly win the final 8 out of 10 against Chelsea but it never happened). All I want next year is to win that 7th CL and equal Milan's record and wont care whether others call us best or not.
It’s their SDS...

Also, we won’t, sorry
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sun May 30, 2021 1:45 pm

Alexander wrote:"Barca have two"

Depends on how you count. They have won one of the last 10 titles but two in the decade 2011-2020.

"I am aware of the importance of a good coach"

Pep fails over and over in the CL. Is he a good coach?

"They have bigger and more quality players in their squad"

Ok. I guess you want to swap squad with Chelsea. How many world class players do they have by your standard written in the other thread?
I would swap coaches yesterday... Actually, three years ago but we had to get the star to be Kovac, who will forever have had his biggest success here...
That Chelsea squad featured the two "dhitty players" Flick wanted and got ridiculed on here for - and one of them scored the winning goal...
And yeah, I think their SQUAD is superior, not their starting XI... If you have trouble distinguishing between the two, I‘m sure you have a dictionary

You can read my opinion of Guardiola in numerous posts here... Spoiler: I was one of the first to point out his tendency towards shitty experiments when it matters most...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Alexander » Sun May 30, 2021 2:21 pm

"That Chelsea squad featured the two players Flick wanted and got ridiculed on here for-and one of them scored the winning goal"

Ok. So by scoring the winning goal Havertz transfer is a success? If so, Coman must have been the player of the season 19-20. I am quite sure you would have called both Havertz and Werner useless if they had played for us the way they did for most of the season with Chelsea. We have a world cup winner riding our bench, that must be really strong. Do you agree?

"I think thier SQUAD is superior"

The bench consisted of for example Kepa, Christensen,Hakim Ziyech, Giroud,Pulisic and Kurt Zouma. Since they are superior to us I guess you would hail Hasan if he brought some of their subsitutes to us. Is that correct?
Alexander
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby T4L10N » Sun May 30, 2021 2:32 pm

Havertz won them the biggest prize there is in a club football, so how can you say its not success? Not to mention he has been brilliant for a month or 2. Before that he could have been considered a flop no doubt. Winning goal at the most important stage definitely defines you (I am not comparing players on a different positions and their impact on games). If I were to list the most important players of that Chelsea team it goes like that: 1. Kante, 2. Rudiger, 3. Havertz. 4. Mount.
T4L10N
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Alexander » Sun May 30, 2021 2:39 pm

T4L10N wrote:Havertz won them the biggest prize there is in a club football, so how can you say its not success? Not to mention he has been brilliant for a month or 2. Before that he could have been considered a flop no doubt. Winning goal at the most important stage definitely defines you (I am not comparing players on a different positions and their impact on games). If I were to list the most important players of that Chelsea team it goes like that: 1. Kante, 2. Rudiger, 3. Havertz. 4. Mount.

"How can you say it is not success?"

By that standard it will always be a success if a player decides a big match. No matter what else he does. I think it is more complicated than that. But of course Havertz is the hero, not saying anything else. And he has been quite good for a while.
Alexander
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby Ottomeister87 » Sun May 30, 2021 3:32 pm

I wouldnt want to have Werner on a free transfer, the dude is just so bad how he misses 1000% chance after chance its just a miracle he became pro tbh.
Ottomeister87
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby T4L10N » Sun May 30, 2021 3:33 pm

Alexander wrote:
T4L10N wrote:Havertz won them the biggest prize there is in a club football, so how can you say its not success? Not to mention he has been brilliant for a month or 2. Before that he could have been considered a flop no doubt. Winning goal at the most important stage definitely defines you (I am not comparing players on a different positions and their impact on games). If I were to list the most important players of that Chelsea team it goes like that: 1. Kante, 2. Rudiger, 3. Havertz. 4. Mount.

"How can you say it is not success?"

By that standard it will always be a success if a player decides a big match. No matter what else he does. I think it is more complicated than that. But of course Havertz is the hero, not saying anything else. And he has been quite good for a while.

Definetely, big game players are always regarded as successful. Zidane (my favourite non-German player of all time) was a consistent big game player and thats why he is up there with Pele/Maradona. He was never consistent for any club he played in any single season though.

Eh, if we had more big game players rather than consistent ones, we would at least have 3-4 more CL. there are people who prefer players like Lewa with his 60 goal a season over players who score 3-4 but those are decisive in the latter stages of CL and I understand that. BTW: Gnabry for us is your big game player but his Corona spoiled this season for us.

that why I will always rate Zidane higher than Messi/Ronaldo. if you compare stats and stability Zidane shouldnt even be in the discussion but which player would you take in your most important match?
T4L10N
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby #12 » Sun May 30, 2021 3:52 pm

Alexander wrote:"That Chelsea squad featured the two players Flick wanted and got ridiculed on here for-and one of them scored the winning goal"

Ok. So by scoring the winning goal Havertz transfer is a success? If so, Coman must have been the player of the season 19-20. I am quite sure you would have called both Havertz and Werner useless if they had played for us the way they did for most of the season with Chelsea. We have a world cup winner riding our bench, that must be really strong. Do you agree?

"I think thier SQUAD is superior"

The bench consisted of for example Kepa, Christensen,Hakim Ziyech, Giroud,Pulisic and Kurt Zouma. Since they are superior to us I guess you would hail Hasan if he brought some of their subsitutes to us. Is that correct?
Well, they have a part in that success (biggest part is Tuchel‘s)...

If you want me to hail our "SD", there has to be some merit for it... He is single handedly responsible for us getting the worst coach imaginable - and rejecting/sending away two CL winners... Now yeah, maybe perfection is demanding too much so yeah we should be happy with the living monuments that are the transfers of Arp, Cuisance, Sarr, Costa, Odriozola... That’s some major quality there!

Not sure what you’re trying to do by posting these names... Sure, EMCM is better than Giroud, Costa is obviously better than Pulisic or Ziyech, must be my bad!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League