You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2020/21 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

How will Bayern do in the 2020/21 Champions League?

Only reach the Quarter-Finals
11%
Only reach the Semi-Finals
16%
Reach the Finals and Win
74%
Reach the Finals but Lose
No votes

Total votes : 19

Re: 2020/21 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby ramsej84 » Sun May 30, 2021 10:14 am

083755736-e56ece14-e8b3-4227-963d-0d3461cc8078.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby T4L10N » Sun May 30, 2021 10:15 am

Ottomeister87 wrote:Its also the luck of the draw every year. Had Chelsea faced us they would have been destroyed again, even with Havertz and Werner. Beating Real, i dont know if that nowadays is a big achievement anymore, that team is a joke at best. There is nothing about them to fear anymore tbh. Not even Hahaba will change that.

They can talk about our road very same way. Barca was in shambles and we beat Lyon and Lampard's Chelsea. it was still my favourite season of all time and I enjoyed that Barca game more than any other one bar Germany - Brazil in WC14. Just no need to undermine their success, at least they didnt need refs to win for them (unlike RM and Barca).

Dont forget they won 3 games vs City in a matter of month :D
T4L10N
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Ottomeister87 » Sun May 30, 2021 10:55 am

T4L10N wrote:
Ottomeister87 wrote:Its also the luck of the draw every year. Had Chelsea faced us they would have been destroyed again, even with Havertz and Werner. Beating Real, i dont know if that nowadays is a big achievement anymore, that team is a joke at best. There is nothing about them to fear anymore tbh. Not even Hahaba will change that.

They can talk about our road very same way. Barca was in shambles and we beat Lyon and Lampard's Chelsea. it was still my favourite season of all time and I enjoyed that Barca game more than any other one bar Germany - Brazil in WC14. Just no need to undermine their success, at least they didnt need refs to win for them (unlike RM and Barca).

True, but for me it was 2012/2013 best team of all time. Even beating that Barca team from before who is often seen as the greatest. In that year we nearly demolished everything in our path with sick playing style. No need of refs or luck just pure domination.
Ottomeister87
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun May 30, 2021 11:05 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I think what Lukas is trying to say, and I agree, is that yes, definitely they were the best team overall in the KO rounds, but that involves a number of other factors, and it does not mean they are ACTUALLY the very best in the world even if they deserved the title. Them barely making it to the top 4 in the PL shows that, for example.

They were the best team in the tournament but not necessarily, and very likely are not, the best team in the world.
I think Bayern was stronger, but Chelsea is IMO better than the hugely overrated Liverpool and Shitty (btw, Shitty has now lost their last 3 encounters with Tuchel's Chelski). Maybe they aren't the best-best, but they are close to it.
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun May 30, 2021 11:07 am

I doubt we would have rolled over them like we did last year. It would have surely been a much much tougher tie. Without Lewy I doubt we would have won. Chelsea's defense has been impecable since Tuchel took over.
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby T4L10N » Sun May 30, 2021 11:09 am

Ottomeister87 wrote:
T4L10N wrote:

True, but for me it was 2012/2013 best team of all time. Even beating that Barca team from before who is often seen as the greatest. In that year we nearly demolished everything in our path with sick playing style. No need of refs or luck just pure domination.

Quality wise yes, 12/13 was better, with better coach and better players. I just love that 8-2 game too much even though 7-0 (over 2 games) against much better Barca side was very satisfying :D
T4L10N
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby T4L10N » Sun May 30, 2021 11:14 am

PunkCapitalist wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:I think what Lukas is trying to say, and I agree, is that yes, definitely they were the best team overall in the KO rounds, but that involves a number of other factors, and it does not mean they are ACTUALLY the very best in the world even if they deserved the title. Them barely making it to the top 4 in the PL shows that, for example.

They were the best team in the tournament but not necessarily, and very likely are not, the best team in the world.
I think Bayern was stronger, but Chelsea is IMO better than the hugely overrated Liverpool and Shitty (btw, Shitty has now lost their last 3 encounters with Tuchel's Chelski). Maybe they aren't the best-best, but they are close to it.

Agree, I do think we would have been favourites with full squad against this Chelsea side. We lost because of injuries and thats it, which is none of the Chelsea's problem. They deserved this CL and I give credit when its due.
T4L10N
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby #12 » Sun May 30, 2021 11:54 am

Lukas wrote:
#12 wrote:
Lukas wrote:The CL is great when true champions and great teams win it. But when a team like Chelsea who have been nowhere near challenging for the title for years wins it, it makes it a joke tournament

Now you have Mount claiming they are the best team in the world. LMAO
How many finals did we play since 2013?

What has that got to do with it?

They’ve won a few cups (including this) but haven’t challenged for their league for at least five years. That doesn’t scream “best team in the world” to me.

To answer Ramsej I would say City, Liverpool who will be strong again next season or (sorry #12) us
You don’t have to be sorry... We still live off a solid core but it’s getting perpetually weaker and we have a pure experiment of a coach at the sideline... So yeah, currently, sure, but had you asked in summer of 2019 and 2020 respectively, people would‘ve laughed in your face for naming Bayern and Chelski
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Alexander » Sun May 30, 2021 11:59 am

I must be too optimistic but I don´t se us beeing inferior to neither Chelsea or City. Quite good when you are up against teams with almost unlimited resources, isn´it?
Alexander
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby #12 » Sun May 30, 2021 12:02 pm

Alexander wrote:I must be too optimistic but I don´t se us beeing inferior to neither Chelsea or City. Quite good when you are up against teams with almost unlimited resources, isn´it?
Glad to see you‘re still creative, now that your "we‘re the only ones except RM to win it twice in the last decade" has become obsolete...
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby T4L10N » Sun May 30, 2021 12:07 pm

#12 wrote:
Alexander wrote:I must be too optimistic but I don´t se us beeing inferior to neither Chelsea or City. Quite good when you are up against teams with almost unlimited resources, isn´it?
Glad to see you‘re still creative, now that your "we‘re the only ones except RM to win it twice in the last decade" has become obsolete...

Barca also won twice :wink:
T4L10N
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Alexander » Sun May 30, 2021 12:07 pm

#12 wrote:

My point is we are not inferior to Chelsea or City. I guess you think we are.

Looking at CL the last decade one team has won it more times than us. Barca have one. Juve,City and PSG have zero.
Alexander
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby Alexander » Sun May 30, 2021 12:14 pm

#12 wrote:

What do you say about the performance of City yesterday? If it was us I guess you would have slaughtered the team, board, janitor and so on. City must be shit?
Alexander
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby #12 » Sun May 30, 2021 12:16 pm

Alexander wrote:
#12 wrote:

My point is we are not inferior to Chelsea or City. I guess you think we are.

Looking at CL the last decade one team has won it more times than us. Barca have one. Juve,City and PSG have zero.
Barca have two as the user above you so sharply pointed out...

And yes, I think we are, because

1.) I am aware of the importance of a good coach

2.) They have bigger and more quality players in their squad

Being the better is showing it, not talking about it... But hey, if it makes you feel better...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sun May 30, 2021 12:17 pm

Alexander wrote:
#12 wrote:

What do you say about the performance of City yesterday? If it was us I guess you would have slaughtered the team, board, janitor and so on. City must be shit?
See point "1.)" of my above post for an answer...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League