You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2020/21 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

How will Bayern do in the 2020/21 Champions League?

Only reach the Quarter-Finals
11%
Only reach the Semi-Finals
16%
Reach the Finals and Win
74%
Reach the Finals but Lose
No votes

Total votes : 19

Re: 2020/21 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby ramsej84 » Sun May 30, 2021 1:00 am

Lukas wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:
Lukas wrote:The CL is great when true champions and great teams win it. But when a team like Chelsea who have been nowhere near challenging for the title for years wins it, it makes it a joke tournament

Now you have Mount claiming they are the best team in the world. LMAO
Mount is World Class you have to admit...

And why are we so sour grapes... ?
Yes they are the best ... For now...

They’re not. But at least they won a few matches fair and square this time.

They deserve the trophy for this season, but not the “best team in the world” tag. No way
Who is then? OK until next Dec we are but after that.... It will be either Chelsea or some S.American dudes...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sun May 30, 2021 1:02 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:Shit just realized that we only held the cup for nine months
Don’t worry, we have a good track record when Chelsea are holders ;)
Hope dies last...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Sun May 30, 2021 1:02 am

ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sun May 30, 2021 1:04 am

Lukas wrote:The CL is great when true champions and great teams win it. But when a team like Chelsea who have been nowhere near challenging for the title for years wins it, it makes it a joke tournament

How many finals did we play since 2013?
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Sun May 30, 2021 1:05 am

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Alexander » Sun May 30, 2021 6:37 am

Well done Chelsea. The mighty City still without a title and so is PSG. It shows how difficult it is to win and perhaps puts our "downfall" into perspective. Hopefully we will be back in the final next season.
Last edited by Alexander on Sun May 30, 2021 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alexander
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby Lukas » Sun May 30, 2021 8:03 am

#12 wrote:

How many finals did we play since 2013?

What has that got to do with it?

They’ve won a few cups (including this) but haven’t challenged for their league for at least five years. That doesn’t scream “best team in the world” to me.

To answer Ramsej I would say City, Liverpool who will be strong again next season or (sorry #12) us
Lukas
2020/21 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
European Union

Postby T4L10N » Sun May 30, 2021 8:24 am

Why is it hard to admit that Chelsea is the best team currently? They defeated Atletico, RM and the "best team" (Pep's teams are always called the best, they just never win anything in Europe without refs) with ease. Chelsea completely dominated those games including the final so congrats to them and hope Rudiger and Kai continue to be top class in Euro as well.
T4L10N
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Sun May 30, 2021 8:33 am

Pep should go back to Barca...
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun May 30, 2021 8:45 am

I think what Lukas is trying to say, and I agree, is that yes, definitely they were the best team overall in the KO rounds, but that involves a number of other factors, and it does not mean they are ACTUALLY the very best in the world even if they deserved the title. Them barely making it to the top 4 in the PL shows that, for example.

They were the best team in the tournament but not necessarily, and very likely are not, the best team in the world.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Lukas » Sun May 30, 2021 8:49 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I think what Lukas is trying to say, and I agree, is that yes, definitely they were the best team overall in the KO rounds, but that involves a number of other factors, and it does not mean they are ACTUALLY the very best in the world even if they deserved the title. Them barely making it to the top 4 in the PL shows that, for example.

They were the best team in the tournament but not necessarily, and very likely are not, the best team in the world.

Exactly
Lukas

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
European Union

Postby Lukas » Sun May 30, 2021 8:52 am

T4L10N wrote:Why is it hard to admit that Chelsea is the best team currently? They defeated Atletico, RM and the "best team" (Pep's teams are always called the best, they just never win anything in Europe without refs) with ease. Chelsea completely dominated those games including the final so congrats to them and hope Rudiger and Kai continue to be top class in Euro as well.

They won’t. They’ve sold out to PL money now. Club, and all the financial perks they get, before country for them.
Lukas

National Flag:
European Union

Postby Alexander » Sun May 30, 2021 9:26 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I think what Lukas is trying to say, and I agree, is that yes, definitely they were the best team overall in the KO rounds, but that involves a number of other factors, and it does not mean they are ACTUALLY the very best in the world even if they deserved the title. Them barely making it to the top 4 in the PL shows that, for example.

I totally agree. They won the KO but in a league I am quite sure we would have been above them.
Alexander
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby Ottomeister87 » Sun May 30, 2021 9:55 am

Its also the luck of the draw every year. Had Chelsea faced us they would have been destroyed again, even with Havertz and Werner. Beating Real, i dont know if that nowadays is a big achievement anymore, that team is a joke at best. There is nothing about them to fear anymore tbh. Not even Hahaba will change that.
Ottomeister87
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby T4L10N » Sun May 30, 2021 10:08 am

I understand that and it makes sense but in this case you cant judge by their position in PL. They became the best team after Tuchel came in mid season and by that time they had already lost 6 and drawn 5 in PL (if I'm not mistaken), same numbers PL champion - City posted by the end of their season). However, it doesn't necessarily mean that they would be PL champion had Tuchel been appointed in summer.

So the hypothetical example for you guys: Just replace BVB with City in BL last season. Pretend we still won everything same way except of BL (I really doubt even Flick could overturn 10 points deficit vs City). Would you still think we were the best team in the world?

You just have Lampard and Tuchel instead of Kovac and Flick (and I know that they lost FC cup to Leicester).

Dont get me wrong, I think with Flick (who is still the best coach in the world for me) we could replicate the same success and overshadow every other team in the world in years to come (doubt Tuchel can achieve that with Chelsea).
T4L10N
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League