You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2020/21 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

How will Bayern do in the 2020/21 Champions League?

Only reach the Quarter-Finals
11%
Only reach the Semi-Finals
16%
Reach the Finals and Win
74%
Reach the Finals but Lose
No votes

Total votes : 19

Re: 2020/21 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby Ottomeister87 » Thu May 06, 2021 3:50 pm

#12 wrote:Just coming here to point out that Tuchel - who we deemed not good enough to be better than Kovac - is reaching his second consecutive UCL final, with two different clubs whose teams never even got close to it before...

I dont get your comment? Chelsea never been close to it before? I recall they beat a certain Bavarian club for it in 2012...

But anyway, good for him and his record, but he will be the first coach also who loses 2 CL finals in a row with 2 different clubs. No way City is going to lose this one. Chelsea still has to make sure also to even be in CL next year over the league IF they lose the CL Final, while City can chillax in the league more or less.

But then again, City has way more qualities imo compared to this Chelsea. Even though i have my German background, i cant stand to see that fuckface Werner with the CL trophy or Havertz, that would make the overhype even bigger. I said it before, even if City shouldnt even be in it this year, they are the ones IF i had to choose, might take it for once. KdB or Aguero i'd rather see with it in comparison with those kids from Chelsea.
Ottomeister87
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu May 06, 2021 4:13 pm

maknine wrote:
#12 wrote:Just wondering how much hate I‘ll get fir pointing out that the two Shitty "Flick-players" that were ridiculed here will play the CL Final - as starters

Have you seen their price tags, and salaries ? They are not living to what Chelsea spent on them so far...

I mean, we could have afforded one of them (not that they would have helped us), if we offloaded Flick's favourite deadweights like Martinez, Alaba and Boateng...
Saying they are not living up to their pricetags when Chelski is actually in the final....
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Thu May 06, 2021 4:36 pm

Havertz was a must for us...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Ottomeister87 » Thu May 06, 2021 4:38 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
maknine wrote:
#12 wrote:Just wondering how much hate I‘ll get fir pointing out that the two Shitty "Flick-players" that were ridiculed here will play the CL Final - as starters

Have you seen their price tags, and salaries ? They are not living to what Chelsea spent on them so far...

I mean, we could have afforded one of them (not that they would have helped us), if we offloaded Flick's favourite deadweights like Martinez, Alaba and Boateng...
Saying they are not living up to their pricetags when Chelski is actually in the final....

I cant believe they are happy with Werner's stats, especially the big missers tbh. For that price tag you can deffo expect more of him. CL final or not.
Ottomeister87
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Thu May 06, 2021 4:40 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
maknine wrote:

Can kind of see it both ways. I was actually in favor of getting both players at some point, but the timing/money didn't make sense for me. Havertz would've made a lot more sense for us this summer, or of course next summer on a free had he stayed that long. But it never made sense for us to pay 80m for him last year, no way, regardless of what Flick wanted. And it's similar for Werner: I would have taken him back when his release clause was 30m. I don't think he starts over anyone per se, but between rotating/resting Lewy/Muller and filling in for our injured or ineffective wingers he would have got minutes. But again: it would have never made sense for us to spend 50m on that role last year. It was not a sensible request.

And of course there's some not-so-subtle attempts to play both sides here. We all know with 100% certainty if we'd spent 133m on Werner and Havertz last summer we'd be over here losing our sh*t and absolutely slating Brazzo for massively overpaying on them. So it feels a little disingenuous...hard for me to see how a player can be used in defense of Flick when we don't sign them while also knowing fully well that same player would be used against Brazzo if we DID sign them.
God Bless Thomas Müller
aterford

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu May 06, 2021 4:57 pm

aterford wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:
maknine wrote:[quote="#12"]Just wondering how much hate I‘ll get fir pointing out that the two Shitty "Flick-players" that were ridiculed here will play the CL Final - as starters

Can kind of see it both ways. I was actually in favor of getting both players at some point, but the timing/money didn't make sense for me. Havertz would've made a lot more sense for us this summer, or of course next summer on a free had he stayed that long. But it never made sense for us to pay 80m for him last year, no way, regardless of what Flick wanted. And it's similar for Werner: I would have taken him back when his release clause was 30m. I don't think he starts over anyone per se, but between rotating/resting Lewy/Muller and filling in for our injured or ineffective wingers he would have got minutes. But again: it would have never made sense for us to spend 50m on that role last year. It was not a sensible request.

And of course there's some not-so-subtle attempts to play both sides here. We all know with 100% certainty if we'd spent 133m on Werner and Havertz last summer we'd be over here losing our sh*t and absolutely slating Brazzo for massively overpaying on them. So it feels a little disingenuous...hard for me to see how a player can be used in defense of Flick when we don't sign them while also knowing fully well that same player would be used against Brazzo if we DID sign them.[/quote]I don't think either made sense for us at all. But still, saying they are not worth their price tags when they are in the CL final is being dishonest. For Chelski they did make a lot of sense. They now have a young, promising, already successful squad and future to look forwards to.
PunkCapitalist

Postby maknine » Thu May 06, 2021 9:21 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
maknine wrote:

If RM scored first yesterday, and defended the lead, would that have meant that Hazard is now worth the +150M transfer fees, because he's going to play the final ?

We are talking about players who are making close to Lewy in terms of salary, without mentioning the high transfer fees.
maknine
Getting the hang of it

Postby #12 » Thu May 06, 2021 9:53 pm

T4L10N wrote:

So you think if we bought both Werner and Havertz, we would be playing CL final except CIty? :D

To be honest, I really enjoyed the way Havertz is playing recently. He was awful for the first several months but now just brilliant (despite missing couple of chances yesterday)
No I‘m saying that Flick‘s players cannot be so bad when they‘re crucial for their team - in fact, they‘re definitely not worse than Brazzo‘s
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Thu May 06, 2021 9:56 pm

Ottomeister87 wrote:
#12 wrote:Just coming here to point out that Tuchel - who we deemed not good enough to be better than Kovac - is reaching his second consecutive UCL final, with two different clubs whose teams never even got close to it before...

I dont get your comment? Chelsea never been close to it before? I recall they beat a certain Bavarian club for it in 2012...

But anyway, good for him and his record, but he will be the first coach also who loses 2 CL finals in a row with 2 different clubs. No way City is going to lose this one. Chelsea still has to make sure also to even be in CL next year over the league IF they lose the CL Final, while City can chillax in the league more or less.

But then again, City has way more qualities imo compared to this Chelsea. Even though i have my German background, i cant stand to see that fuckface Werner with the CL trophy or Havertz, that would make the overhype even bigger. I said it before, even if City shouldnt even be in it this year, they are the ones IF i had to choose, might take it for once. KdB or Aguero i'd rather see with it in comparison with those kids from Chelsea.
And how many players were in that 2012 team that still play today?

It’s to long ago to bear meaning to my comment which was clearly intent to emphasize how well he did forming two top teams out of thin air (well, still expensive squads, but significantly uplifted...)
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby PunkCapitalist » Fri May 07, 2021 12:55 am

maknine wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:
maknine wrote:[quote="#12"]Just wondering how much hate I‘ll get fir pointing out that the two Shitty "Flick-players" that were ridiculed here will play the CL Final - as starters

If RM scored first yesterday, and defended the lead, would that have meant that Hazard is now worth the +150M transfer fees, because he's going to play the final ?

We are talking about players who are making close to Lewy in terms of salary, without mentioning the high transfer fees.[/quote]Ugh I had a whole answer typed and Tapatalk crashed... Anyways. Hazard is old and past his peak, Werner and Havertz young and talents. Also, neither costs 500mn like Hazard. If you don't want to see it, don't, but Chelsea 2 years ago wasn't even on the radar as a top club. Now they are in the final and they got a pretty good chance to win.

It's completely understandable and ok that we (as Bayern fans) hate Chelski. I also do. But seriously, you are being dishonest if you claim they are a poorly run club. They are the only only club so far to make multiple CL finals and the only one to win one. Their current project is very promising, they got to a final on the basis of a bunch of young players who are gonna serve them well for years. Also... Look at their net spending over the past half decade... They've done superbly.... Especially in regards to skalping Madrid.
PunkCapitalist

Postby Ed. » Fri May 07, 2021 3:08 am

PunkCapitalist wrote:It's completely understandable and ok that we (as Bayern fans) hate Chelski. I also do. But seriously, you are being dishonest if you claim they are a poorly run club. They are the only only club so far to make multiple CL finals and the only one to win one. Their current project is very promising, they got to a final on the basis of a bunch of young players who are gonna serve them well for years. Also... Look at their net spending over the past half decade... They've done superbly.... Especially in regards to skalping Madrid.

Yup, agree.
They are also an 'oil' club but atleast make sure they get value for the dollars.
They have an excellent scouting department, probably the best in the business over the last 2 years.

Adding Mendy to their squad was a master stroke. IMO, this has had a bigger impact then Tuchel on the team's success.
Ed.
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Fri May 07, 2021 6:45 am

ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Fri May 07, 2021 7:15 am

Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Fri May 07, 2021 7:47 am

#12 wrote:
English fans will be attacked by the Turkish hooligans ... That's a given
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Fri May 07, 2021 1:40 pm

Erm... Whatnow?
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League