You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2020/21 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

How will Bayern do in the 2020/21 Champions League?

Only reach the Quarter-Finals
11%
Only reach the Semi-Finals
16%
Reach the Finals and Win
74%
Reach the Finals but Lose
No votes

Total votes : 19

Re: 2020/21 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby zozon » Thu May 06, 2021 12:04 am

Bench-depth teams reached the final this season.

Just look at City's starting lineup against Crystal Palace and against PSG.
ONLY the goalkeeper and Fernandinho are the same.

Insane.

This is what I have against Flick this season (besides Bayern not having the bench like City, which is not Flick's fault, obviously). He killed players by playing them over and over, while others sat on the bench for whatever reasons.
zozon
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Alexander » Thu May 06, 2021 5:51 am

Well done Chelsea and I think they can win the final. Shame we are not there because I believe together with City we are the best team in Europe this season.
Alexander
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu May 06, 2021 5:53 am

I'm happy for Tuchel. He's always been one of my favourite coaches. And now he can show the middle finger to Leonardo and PSG :D

And I'm happy for Pep as well. I was tired of reading the same BS every year. He can't win without Messi, he is very stubborn, shitty defense, suicidal tactics, fraud, bla bla bla

I'm sure many fans have been calling for his head every season after being eliminated from CL. But look at him. He's been dominating the best league in the world pretty much every year and now he is on to have one of the best seasons ever in football history... again

Some fans only see the scoresheet. If the teams loses, they immediately blame the coach. They can't accept defeat. And that's how you become a shitty team that change their coach every year.

Hopefully Nagelsmann will be our own Pep. Someone who can stay here for many years even if we fail to win the treble once in a while :roll:
- Hansi Legend Flick -
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Alexander » Thu May 06, 2021 6:07 am

YlonenXabi wrote:I'm happy for Tuchel. He's always been one of my favourite coaches. And now he can show the middle finger to Leonardo and PSG :D

And I'm happy for Pep as well. I was tired of reading the same BS every year. He can't win without Messi, he is very stubborn, shitty defense, suicidal tactics, fraud, bla bla bla

I'm sure many fans have been calling for his head every season after being eliminated from CL. But look at him. He's been dominating the best league in the world pretty much every year and now he is on to have one of the best seasons ever in football history... again

Some fans only see the scoresheet. If the teams loses, they immediately blame the coach. They can't accept defeat. And that's how you become a shitty team that change their coach every year.

Hopefully Nagelsmann will be our own Pep. Someone who can stay here for many years even if we fail to win the treble once in a while :roll:

I felt it was only a matter of time before he reached the final with City. And I also think our starting eleven in better than theirs :D .
Alexander
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu May 06, 2021 6:49 am

And for those who want Gnabry to play the fullback role. That's exactly what Vinicius did last night and he was quite poor. Actually everyone is blaming Zidane for playing him in that position

Vinicius and Gnabry are two players that need to play near the box. But I'd say that playing Gnabry as a fullback would be even more criminal because he's got an eye for goal unlike the Brazilian.

Fullbacks are usually players that weren't good enough to play as wingers at the highest level (Alphonso Davies, Jordi Alba, Alaba, Juanfran, Marcelo...)

But Gnabry is good on 1 v 1's and a reliable goal scorer. Why would you move him away from the box and put a defensive burden on his shoulders?
- Hansi Legend Flick -
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby #12 » Thu May 06, 2021 7:55 am

YlonenXabi wrote:I'm happy for Tuchel. He's always been one of my favourite coaches. And now he can show the middle finger to Leonardo and PSG :D

Like we do?

Not that I can accept defeat well, but it’s not ALWAYS the coach
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Thu May 06, 2021 7:57 am

Just wondering how much hate I‘ll get fir pointing out that the two Shitty "Flick-players" that were ridiculed here will play the CL Final - as starters
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Fénix » Thu May 06, 2021 8:06 am

Which players? Havertz and Werner?

Once again a Croat is going to participate in the CL final, for the 10th time in row. Some people made some statistics of this thing 2-3 years ago, so it's happening again(Kovačić).
We'll see if this one wins the title like all previous folks (except Olić and Pranjić). :D
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby T4L10N » Thu May 06, 2021 8:54 am

#12 wrote:Just wondering how much hate I‘ll get fir pointing out that the two Shitty "Flick-players" that were ridiculed here will play the CL Final - as starters

So you think if we bought both Werner and Havertz, we would be playing CL final except CIty? :D

To be honest, I really enjoyed the way Havertz is playing recently. He was awful for the first several months but now just brilliant (despite missing couple of chances yesterday)
T4L10N
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu May 06, 2021 9:12 am

T4L10N wrote:
#12 wrote:Just wondering how much hate I‘ll get fir pointing out that the two Shitty "Flick-players" that were ridiculed here will play the CL Final - as starters

So you think if we bought both Werner and Havertz, we would be playing CL final except CIty? :D

To be honest, I really enjoyed the way Havertz is playing recently. He was awful for the first several months but now just brilliant (despite missing couple of chances yesterday)
Havertz is doing well, but he didn't make sense for us because of Müller. Also, don't care much that we missed on him cause Musi.
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Thu May 06, 2021 9:22 am

83% of G+A for Chelsea against Real Madrid came from Bundesliga imports.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby T4L10N » Thu May 06, 2021 9:24 am

PunkCapitalist wrote:
T4L10N wrote:

Havertz is doing well, but he didn't make sense for us because of Müller. Also, don't care much that we missed on him cause Musi.

Agree, I think Havertz (more so Werner) wasnt needed at all. We just were unlucky with injuries followed by the conflict between Hasan/Flick and thats it
T4L10N
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby maknine » Thu May 06, 2021 9:51 am

Have you seen their price tags, and salaries ? They are not living to what Chelsea spent on them so far...

I mean, we could have afforded one of them (not that they would have helped us), if we offloaded Flick's favourite deadweights like Martinez, Alaba and Boateng... :lol:
maknine
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby Ed. » Thu May 06, 2021 10:42 am

Tuchel has come a long way since the BL. He's definitely a much smarter tactician now.
I'm not convinced about Nagelsmann and I'm sure many here belong in that group. He may end up being the German Moyes rather than the German Pep, i.e really great when the underdog and punching above his weight but clueless when managing a world class team and in big games.
Liverpool were not a side that were 4-0 better than this current Leipzig side (and it could have been more). HIs tactics and in game management during that tie was lets say ineffective at best and non-existent at worst.
Ed.
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu May 06, 2021 11:02 am

I didn't want Nagelsmann when he was coaching Hoffenheim, but I think he's done an amazing job with RB Leipzig in BL and in the Champions League too.

If you look at the scores I agree it's rather disappointing. Even that 5-0 defeat in Old Trafford earlier in the season was shocking too. But I think RB Leipzig desperately need a good striker. If they could have kept Timo Werner things would have been way different for them.
- Hansi Legend Flick -
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League