You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2020/21 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

How will Bayern do in the 2020/21 Champions League?

Only reach the Quarter-Finals
11%
Only reach the Semi-Finals
16%
Reach the Finals and Win
74%
Reach the Finals but Lose
No votes

Total votes : 19

Re: 2020/21 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby Fénix » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:03 pm

PSG came out as a different team, City as well and there's final result 1:2.
Guardiola finally won in the CL away leg after exactly 10 long years, his second away victory ever. :)
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:08 pm

aterford wrote:Now more convinced than ever if we didn't have a pathological compulsion to starting Alaba in central defense we'd have one foot in the final by now.

Anyways City are going to win by like 4 goals next week, aren't they?
Agree. That's what bothers me the most. You can't win them all, but losing due to something so preventable is just... Heart-breaking.
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:11 pm

Fénix wrote:PSG came out as a different team, City as well and there's final result 1:2.
Guardiola finally won in the CL away leg after exactly 10 long years, his second away victory ever. :)
Does it means that he is to lift it again?
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Daviesfan88 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:22 pm

Love the CL, but watching this game was hard. Bayern are so much better than both these teams.

Happy for Pep, but those two goals were lucky as fuck. PSG lost their legs.
Daviesfan88
Getting the hang of it

Postby Fénix » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:54 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
Fénix wrote:PSG came out as a different team, City as well and there's final result 1:2.
Does it means that he is to lift it again?

He is on a right track to do it. He won against Gladbach, BVB and PSG. 3 away legs won in 3 phases, in my personal dictionary that means Manchester are in the CL final and I would say yes.

Guardiola is finally set to win it. He was so lucky today with those 2 goals, but his team finally won the match after 2010/2011 in the CL semis.

We also won all of our away legs in 2012/2013 with only one difference - we demolished our opponents like hurricane.
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:20 am

This is why winning CL is so difficult

This is by no means Pep's best CL run since he left Barça. However if City make it to the final he will get more credit than in previous years.

He's always been unlucky with the small details since he left Barça. Either a 100% goal chance or a penalty missed in a crucial moment, controversial referee decisions, poor GK performances...

But last night it was the opposite. I don't think City were that good but they scored two lucky goals. And same thing happened vs Dortmund.

You mean in the Semi Finals?

Pep has beaten Real Madrid and Borussia Dortmund home and away in less than a year and now he's also beaten PSG in Paris.

How long will you carry on with that? :!:
- Hansi Legend Flick -
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Fénix » Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:56 am

YlonenXabi wrote:You mean in the Semi Finals?

Pep has beaten Real Madrid and Borussia Dortmund home and away in less than a year and now he's also beaten PSG in Paris.

How long will you carry on with that?

Yes, in the semis.

As long as I'm Bayern fan and keep highlighting this fact as our failure between 2013-2016 along with his experiments in crucial matches and Guardiola's failure in all seasons except 2010/2011. :) It's the key detail and people intentionally ignored it and disrespected it when he was at Bayern and Barcelona.

This is the pure evidence why the Catalan finally reached the semifinal with the Englishmen and why he will likely play the CL final. He also stopped forcing that look for width and started to search depth and verticality.
Last night City wasn't exactly great and convincing but at least the team won on luck and that is also part of sport and life.

You read it here first about Manchester City in the CL final. The Sheikhs are already 70% in the final.
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby #12 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:14 am

YlonenXabi wrote:This is why winning CL is so difficult

This is by no means Pep's best CL run since he left Barça. However if City make it to the final he will get more credit than in previous years.

He's always been unlucky with the small details since he left Barça. Either a 100% goal chance or a penalty missed in a crucial moment, controversial referee decisions, poor GK performances...

But last night it was the opposite. I don't think City were that good but they scored two lucky goals. And same thing happened vs Dortmund.

You mean in the Semi Finals?

How long will you carry on with that? :!:
Well, but it’s fair to say that, luck or no luck, all three of our SF away games with him were terrible and we never even looked like we could score... I know, kinda "so did Shitty" - but that doesn’t negate the fact that his away games are really nothing to write home about...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:16 am

Fénix wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:You mean in the Semi Finals?

How long will you carry on with that?

Yes, in the semis.

As long as I'm Bayern fan and keep highlighting this fact as our failure between 2013-2016 along with his experiments in crucial matches and Guardiola's failure in all seasons except 2010/2011. :) It's the key detail and people intentionally ignored it and disrespected it when he was at Bayern and Barcelona.

This is the pure evidence why the Catalan finally reached the semifinal with the Englishmen and why he will likely play the CL final. He also stopped forcing that look for width and started to search depth and verticality.
Last night City wasn't exactly great and convincing but at least the team won on luck and that is also part of sport and life.

You read it here first about Manchester City in the CL final. The Sheikhs are already 70% in the final.
Not a very daring prediction, I‘d say 90
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:16 am

How many CL semi finals matches has Klopp won away from home ??
- Hansi Legend Flick -
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

2020/21 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby #12 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:17 am

YlonenXabi wrote:How many CL semi finals has Klopp won away from home ????????
Just the same... That’s why I rate Flick higher than both of them...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:19 am

He played 3 times and lost all three by a big margin yet I don't read that BS stat about him :^o

Real Madrid 2-0 Dortmund (2013)
Roma 4-2 Liverpool (2018)
Barcelona 3-0 Liverpool (2019)
- Hansi Legend Flick -
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby #12 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:22 am

YlonenXabi wrote:He played 3 times and lost all three by a big margin yet I don't read that BS stat about him :^o

Real Madrid 2-0 Dortmund (2013)
Roma 4-2 Liverpool (2018)
Barcelona 3-0 Liverpool (2019)
Well, except for the first time... They at least all looked like they could score...

Look, I think he’s a great coach, but his strength is his weakness: he tends to overthink
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Alexander » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:23 pm

I stand by my opinion, if we are at 100% we are the best team in the world.
Alexander
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:43 pm

Yeah well there’s another chance to prove that next year...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League