You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2020/21 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

How will Bayern do in the 2020/21 Champions League?

Only reach the Quarter-Finals
11%
Only reach the Semi-Finals
16%
Reach the Finals and Win
74%
Reach the Finals but Lose
No votes

Total votes : 19

Re: 2020/21 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby aterford » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:12 pm

MUTU wrote:
zozon wrote:As I said - City can win their domestic quadruple or the European sextuple, but it wont be a septuple.

I dont care about Maltese clubs.
Going by your logic, that Maltese club could have won 9 titles and be recognized above Barca and Bayern.
It doesnt work that way.

If they win 7 official competitions in one season or in one calendar year, the whole world will call it a septuple but you're free to call it whatever you want to mate.

More like the whole world will call it a Peptuple but I do agree with your point
God Bless Thomas Müller
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Fénix » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:18 pm

aterford wrote:More like the whole Guardiola world will call it a Peptuple but I do agree with your point

Fixed. :wink:
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby MUTU » Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:23 pm

aterford wrote:
MUTU wrote:
zozon wrote:As I said - City can win their domestic quadruple or the European sextuple, but it wont be a septuple.

I dont care about Maltese clubs.
Going by your logic, that Maltese club could have won 9 titles and be recognized above Barca and Bayern.
It doesnt work that way.

If they win 7 official competitions in one season or in one calendar year, the whole world will call it a septuple but you're free to call it whatever you want to mate.

More like the whole world will call it a Peptuple but I do agree with your point

They would absolutely call it that!
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Birthday

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:36 pm

The rules say it wasn't handball' - Dortmund's Can pans decisive penalty call against Man City

https://www.goal.com/en/news/the-rules- ... 1jnj7pu1y8
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:05 pm

Ridiculous the crying about this penalty... The more I see it, the clearer it gets...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Ottomeister87 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:12 pm

ramsej84 wrote:The rules say it wasn't handball' - Dortmund's Can pans decisive penalty call against Man City

https://www.goal.com/en/news/the-rules- ... 1jnj7pu1y8

I read an article today on sport1 i believe where it is said in the BL it wouldnt have been a penalty but in the CL it would be? Even if he heads it against his own arm? Imo it was a penalty. If you go into a header THAT retarded with your arm, come on, even amateurs do better and this is CL stage. But he didnt want to play EL, if he keeps this shit up they wont :D
Ottomeister87
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:39 am

There's two rules that were supposed to have stopped it from being a penalty. The first that the ball from what I saw did not touch the part of the arm which is considered a handball. The secondly that the rules say that it is not an offense if the ball hits your arm directly from another part of your body. Intent does not come into play in the rules as far as I could tell, so one could literally shout "hey look, I'm going to touch this ball with my hand!", head it purposely at his own hand, and the referee should allow play on.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Birthday

2020/21 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:00 am

He is right that it wasn’t a penalty, but considering all significant goals were his fault as well as the cancelled penalty in the first leg, he sounds ridiculous.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Ottomeister87 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:43 pm

He headed the ball literally on his bicep. How is that not part of normal handball?
Ottomeister87
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby IsiahRashad » Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:33 pm

Just like Andy Thomas wrote:

It's Real Madrid's world, and we all just live here.

Still, by superclub standards, Madrid are having a frugal season: a squad clearout compounded by an injury crisis. Yet here they are, leaning on their veterans and squad players, finding a way through. Asking the neutral to actively like them might be a stretch. But by the Warm-Up's reckoning, they're definitely the most interesting of the sides left in the competition.

And I'm pasting my post from Sane's thread here, it's a view of how Real managed to do all this in the last decade.

The season that changed everything for them - 2008-2009. It was a season without silverware and a team without a heartbeat. Ramon Calderon’s presidency had been laced with controversy and illegitimacy. Madridista were yearning for Florentino. The president answered the call, and sparked a revolution with his “second coming”.

Who can forget the summer of 2009? Florentino said the best would come and so they did: Cristiano Ronaldo, Kaka, Karim Benzema, and Xabi Alonso among the big names brought in to reignite Madrid’s lost soul.

What did the overhaul truly look like? In total, 10 new players were signed that summer for a total of €261 million. From that squad in 08/09, no less than 14 players were sold (excluding De La Red who sadly had to retire due to a heart condition). €88.5 million was racked in from their sales with veterans, and starters, Ruud van Nistelrooy (33), Fabio Cannavaro (35), Gabriel Heinze (31), and, the lone non-starter, Michel Salgado (33) all making way. In addition to the clear out of most veterans, former key starters Arjen Robben (25) and Wesley Sneijder (25) were controversially sold to balance the books. The revolution meant replacing five starters and adding some depth with players like Alvaro Arbeloa, Ezequiel Garay, Esteban Granero, and Raul Albiol.

The average age of Florentino’s new galacticos was 23.5 years old. The president was laying the foundations for a new core: Cristiano Ronaldo, Sergio Ramos, Marcelo, Karim Benzema, Xabi Alonso, and Pepe. Those key cogs eventually supported by Luka Modric and Gareth Bale would be the cornerstones of an unprecedented 4 Champions League titles, 2 La Liga titles, and 1 Copa Del Rey in the following 9 seasons. Marking one of the most successful eras in Real Madrid history, including three consecutive Champions League titles under Zinedine Zidane and the first double (Champions League + La Liga title) since 1965.

Even after the overhaul in 2009, Madrid failed to secure silverware that season. They reached a historic feat and secured 96 points in the 09/10 league season, but fell short of surpassing Barcelona’s 99 points. And for the sixth consecutive year, Madrid crashed out in the round of 16 of the Champions League. Let us not forget the infamous “Alcorconazo”, a 4-0 win by third division side (Segunda B), Alcorcon, occurred that season in the Copa Del Rey. Needless to say more, it took another couple of transfer windows with a new big personality, Jose Mourinho, at the coaching helm to eventually secure the first bit of silverware— a Copa Del Rey title. It was not until 2011/2012 that Madrid secured the league title from Barcelona’s tight grasp.
Salihamidžić: “Correct. Dayot Upamecano will play for FC Bayern for the next five years."
IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby dambun » Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:05 pm

Can't see tweet? Click here!

I know it is not likely, but it would be funny if we get back to the ongoing CL, go on to the final and face PSG again.
Oh, we will BEAT their asses this time!
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby MihailT » Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:14 pm

Or if we're put in a two-leg tie against them and then have a freeroll in a final against Porto/Dortmund... :D

But like I've said - we were eliminated per all rules by a non-cesesionist club, so there's no fair argument for bringing us back in the game. If anything, they should be checking who was before Real/Liverpool. I think Atalanta/Leipzig or something.
MihailT
Woah, this feels cool!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby dambun » Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:51 pm

MihailT wrote:Or if we're put in a two-leg tie against them and then have a freeroll in a final against Porto/Dortmund... :D

But like I've said - we were eliminated per all rules by a non-cesesionist club, so there's no fair argument for bringing us back in the game. If anything, they should be checking who was before Real/Liverpool. I think Atalanta/Leipzig or something.

I agree.
That would be a more reasonable option, but an evev less likely one, I guess.
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:59 pm

dambun wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!

I know it is not likely, but it would be funny if we get back to the ongoing CL, go on to the final and face PSG again.
Oh, we will BEAT their asses this time!
I’m 99.9% sure that if we are reinstated we will win the trophy.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Ottomeister87 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:17 pm

Let me say it like this. IF they get excluded and IF any team gets reinstated, no matter the name, everyone has the same right to be reinstated. Even te clubs from the group stages could have valid points there that played against ESL teams.
Ottomeister87
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League