You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2020/21 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

How will Bayern do in the 2020/21 Champions League?

Only reach the Quarter-Finals
11%
Only reach the Semi-Finals
16%
Reach the Finals and Win
74%
Reach the Finals but Lose
No votes

Total votes : 19

Re: 2020/21 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby Fénix » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:15 am

Well, since I can't see Arsenal, Ajax, Valencia, Benfica, Deportivo, AC Milan, Roma, PSV, Dynamo Kyiv, Everton, Zenit, Spartak Moscow, Borussia Mönchengladbach, Eintracht, Stuttgart, Nottingham Forrest, Stade de Reims, Anderlecht winning it, then Real Madrid.
Just not Chelsea.
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Mani » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:22 am

Real will steamroll Chelsea
Mani
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:16 am

MUTU wrote:Real Madrid winning it again? I'm not sure if the world ending would be preferable to that.
Eh, would you prefer Man City or Chelsea? Or even Dortmund? I wouldn’t mind Dortmund so much for the Bundesliga but I’d hate for them to win it in a season when we were clearly better.

We’re used to Real winning now, so let them. One more won’t make much difference. It’s the lesser evil.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Lukas » Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:22 am

Definitely not any of the English. Then PSG as I hate neymar less than any top English PL club, but preferably Real.

Not that I’ll be watching any more of it this season. And I’ll only be watching any more football at all if I have absolutely nothing else to do or watch
Lukas
2020/21 Prediction Game Winner
2020/21 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
European Union

Postby Ben Gardner » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:37 pm

Sorry to see Bayern got eliminated yesterday, with a better final touch/pass you could have scored that vital goal that would have put you through. Now it's up to Dortmund to get a german team in the last four. It's a huge task we have infront of us, but I hope we can put up a good fight and give it a shot. If Bayern had progressed, I'm convinced that all of you (well, almost all of you) would have cheered for Dortmund, now I'm not so sure.
Ben Gardner
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Sweden

Postby Ottomeister87 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:42 pm

Dortmund is a no go for me by law. Not even if we didnt even qualify for CL..

City is a no go, PSG a no go, Chelsea is a no go and Real also. Liverpool would be the obvious choice, but not after this season. So how about just end the CL right here :lol:
Ottomeister87
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:44 pm

Ben Gardner wrote:Sorry to see Bayern got eliminated yesterday, with a better final touch/pass you could have scored that vital goal that would have put you through. Now it's up to Dortmund to get a german team in the last four. It's a huge task we have infront of us, but I hope we can put up a good fight and give it a shot. If Bayern had progressed, I'm convinced that all of you (well, almost all of you) would have cheered for Dortmund, now I'm not so sure.
Sometimes it is more diff when two teams from the same country face each other...

So I don't know... and remember one thing Guardiola has a bad record in the semis
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:56 pm

Ben Gardner wrote:Sorry to see Bayern got eliminated yesterday, with a better final touch/pass you could have scored that vital goal that would have put you through. Now it's up to Dortmund to get a german team in the last four. It's a huge task we have infront of us, but I hope we can put up a good fight and give it a shot. If Bayern had progressed, I'm convinced that all of you (well, almost all of you) would have cheered for Dortmund, now I'm not so sure.
I’m still cheering for you guys and hope you make the final, I’d just prefer you not to get further than 2nd place, haha. Though if it’s a question of Dortmund or Chelsea I’d pick Dortmund.

If you play as well as last week, you have a decent chance I think.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby aterford » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:54 pm

As crazy as it sounds I'd probably like to see Madrid win it, too.
I like to support Dortmund, but not quite see-them-win-the-UCL type of support. It'd be nice if they made the final, though :P
Chelsea, City, PSG...I have no interest in seeing these oil-clubs gain any sort of glory. On top of that, English fans are utterly insufferable and we would never hear the end of it. In general, I'm always going to pull for a non-English club, lol. Liverpool really need a humbling, so hopefully Madrid put them in the dirt today. And we're level with Liverpool for UCLs right now so I don't want to see them pull ahead.
And finally, Madrid... not exactly a paragon of virtue either, but they at least have a proper footballing heritage, and their fans know how to act like they've been there before (because they have)
God Bless Thomas Müller
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby America USA » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:00 pm

Zidane is my main enemy at Real Madrid. I cannot stand him holding the European Cup especially after the robberies RM committed in 2018 against Bayern, PSG and Juventus and then the Ramos/Salah incident in the final.

I just don't like that man on a personal level and believe that he doesn't deserve the (coaching) success that he's lucked himself to.

If Real had any other coach I would have no issues with them winning because they are +7 compared to Bayern anyways. However anyone but Zidane.

I would like to see a new winner. Perhaps PSG or Man City winning in the Corona era with empty stadiums would be ironic.

EDIT: Chelsea can fuck off. Dortmund are too average sans Haaland/Sancho/Hummels to even imagine about a miracle.
Last edited by America USA on Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby Achilles » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:02 pm

Whenever Bayern is not playing then I always support the team who plays the best football. I detest the type of bus football introduced by Mourinho and his mini-me(s) like Conte,Simeone,Santos etc

Therefore, I'd say City would be fair if he plays good and advances vs BVB. They play the best football out of the remaining teams and they are a joy to watch when in form with Pep all these years. They "deserved it" for the effort and the football they play on the pitch. Put aside all the financial scums they're pulling through, the plastic fans and all these things. Purely football, they are a great team and I really admire KDB. He is by far my favorite player outside of Bayern. This maestro deserves the CL.

PSG and Liverpool are the best teams to watch therefore one of them would be OK.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Postby T4L10N » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:08 pm

To be honest, the least I want to win is City. If they win, everyone will once again talk about "mighty" and "revolutionary" Guardiola and the reason why we never won CL with him is due to our squad lacking quality (while its other way around). I just cannot stand that bald fraud, since he wasted our best generation in its prime.
T4L10N
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby Mani » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:45 pm

I don’t really care if PSG wins it tbh
Mani
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Fénix » Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:28 pm

Everyone but Chelsea. My favorite is Real Madrid.

I don't care about Dortmund, but if they somehow manage to knock out blue Manchester and reach the final, then I expect nothing less than winning it, no defeat.
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Ottomeister87 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:00 pm

It would be ironic IF City should win it all, since they shouldnt even have been in this years CL.
Ottomeister87
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League