You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2020/21 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

How will Bayern do in the 2020/21 Champions League?

Only reach the Quarter-Finals
11%
Only reach the Semi-Finals
16%
Reach the Finals and Win
74%
Reach the Finals but Lose
No votes

Total votes : 19

Re: 2020/21 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby MoFattal » Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:36 pm

As much as I hate them, I hope Real end up winning this thing. They already have the almost impossible to reach record, so adding another one won’t really matter.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:44 pm

MoFattal wrote:As much as I hate them, I hope Real end up winning this thing. They already have the almost impossible to reach record, so adding another one won’t really matter.
It’s not impossible, it’s homemade Image
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:03 am

#12 wrote:
MoFattal wrote:As much as I hate them, I hope Real end up winning this thing. They already have the almost impossible to reach record, so adding another one won’t really matter.

Yeah, if not for Brazzo (and Kovac?) we'd easily win 7 more UCLs.... :roll: :wink:
God Bless Thomas Müller
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:16 am

Same here, don’t really care about another Real win. And I think they will win it.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:16 am

aterford wrote:
#12 wrote:

Yeah, if not for Brazzo (and Kovac?) we'd easily win 7 more UCLs.... :roll: :wink:
Not in one year, true...
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:18 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Same here, don’t really care about another Real win. And I think they will win it.
Yeah, with that attitude we‘ll truly never get them...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:33 am

In the ideal World Dortmund wins it....

If Liverpool wins it , they will surpass again...
Then the others are either oily clubs and Real
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby America USA » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:52 am

I cannot see that lucky motherfucker Zidane win another European Cup. NEVER!

I'll be OK with one of Man City/PSG winning it ahead of Real. If Real Madrid had any other coach then I wouldn't care about them winning but I absolutely cannot stand Zidane winning that beautiful trophy again.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:49 am

Well, he seems to do something right...

Also, funny how it will 75%+ be a club winning it that Bayernforum ridiculed time and again (and since Chelsea is not so far away from that category either, might as well make it 100...)
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby T4L10N » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:03 am

America USA wrote:I cannot see that lucky motherfucker Zidane win another European Cup. NEVER!

I'll be OK with one of Man City/PSG winning it ahead of Real. If Real Madrid had any other coach then I wouldn't care about them winning but I absolutely cannot stand Zidane winning that beautiful trophy again.

No matter you hate him or not, he was pure genius as a player and remains as such as a coach. Guy won CL 3 times in 2.5 years and is on his way to get 4th one this year. He got champion-mentality and has perfect synergy with RM.
T4L10N
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby Fénix » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:40 am

T4L10N wrote:
America USA wrote:I cannot see that lucky motherfucker Zidane win another European Cup. NEVER!

No matter you hate him or not, he was pure genius as a player and remains as such as a coach. Guy won CL 3 times in 2.5 years and is on his way to get 4th one this year. He got champion-mentality and has perfect synergy with RM.

He's got charisma and that's what makes him special as a human being. I read he was very viral and crucial as a player 1998 and 2000, so it's the case as a coach.

He is no big mouth and loud or philosopher, just silent, simple but wise and knows to recognize the right things in the right time.

I like him a lot. All coaches at Real Madrid would have been sacked so many times for so many reasons, but not him. That's why he is so special. Zinedine Zidane is Real Madrid's Ottmar Hitzfeld.
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Fénix » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:52 am

Plus let's face it, the reality after tonight's 1/4 final clashes...

3 tycoon, pumped up clubs over the last 17 years are semifinalists. Guardiola's CL away legs need to be absolutely improved after 1/8 finals since they are big zero in his career. Dortmund have big chances to exploit that no matter how pathetic they are as a club.

Chelsea, Manchester City and Paris St Germain, the axis of modern football, gas and oil billions of euros where only Chelsea was a serious top 6 club before new owner(s) bought them and on the other side Real Madrid, the most successful club in the 20th century before modern football ate the sport entirely, 13 CL titles, 9 won before 2003/2004.

Liverpool are another big name, more historic than successful one in the last 20 years, still miss 3-4 Premier Leagues to sound quite serious after 29 years without one single PL.

Basically find a club you want to win the title. Honestly, it's hard. From a traditional perspective, my wish is Real Madrid.

From a totally irrelevant perspective in modern football, PSG or City because Chelsea already won their title in 2011/2012.
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby T4L10N » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:54 am

Fénix wrote:He's got charisma and that's what makes him special as a human being. I read he was very viral and crucial as a player 1998 and 2000, so it's the case as a coach.

He is no big mouth and loud or philosopher, just silent, simple but wise and knows to recognize the right things in the right time.

I like him a lot. All coaches at Real Madrid would have been sacked so many times for so many reasons, but not him. That's why he is so special. Zinedine Zidane is Real Madrid's Ottmar Hitzfeld.

Exactly, and thats so scary that RM has this kind of coach.

I remember well how people thought he was overrated as a player and had dream team in France thats why he won in 98 and 00. The problem is they always forget that without him (even though he still played a game or 2 in group stage while being injured) that so called dream team could not advance from the group stage in 02.

I still think that the best performance (from the matches I saw) ever from any single player is Zidane vs Brazil in 06 taking into account the importance of match and strength of an opposition. He tutored prime Ronaldinho, Kaka, Ze Roberto not to mention - past their prime but still - Ronaldo and Roberto Carlos, with fantastic dribbles. And this was not just a regular El Clasico match which might be played 4 times a year but Worlc Cup Playoff.
Last edited by T4L10N on Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
T4L10N
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby T4L10N » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:56 am

Fénix wrote:Plus let's face it, the reality after tonight's 1/4 final clashes...

3 tycoon, pumped up clubs over the last 17 years are semifinalists. Guardiola's CL away legs need to be absolutely improved after 1/8 finals since they are big zero in his career. Dortmund have big chances to exploit that no matter how pathetic they are as a club.

Chelsea, Manchester City and Paris St Germain, the axis of modern football, gas and oil billions of euros where only Chelsea was a serious top 6 club before new owners bought them and on the other side Real Madrid, the most successful club in the 20th century before modern football ate the sport entirely, 13 CL titles, 9 won before 2003/2004.

Liverpool are another big name, more historic than successful one in the last 20 years, still miss 3-4 Premier Leagues to sound quite serious after 29 years without one single PL.

Basically find a club you want to win. Honestly, it's hard. From a traditional perspective, my wish is Real Madrid.

From a totally irrelevant perspective in modern football, PSG or City because Chelsea already win their title in 2011/2012.

I want BVB to win but there is very slim chance, so if BVB out, I wish RM to win it then.
T4L10N
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby MUTU » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:59 am

Real Madrid winning it again? I'm not sure if the world ending would be preferable to that.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Birthday

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League