You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2019/20 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

Re: 2019/20 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby #12 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:16 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
#12 wrote:
MUTU wrote:[quote="Lukas"]Sorry I cannot see any similarities between Atalanta and Leipzig. Please explain

Two clubs with young players buying non-famous players and playing in the CL QFs for the first time.
While one is heavily relying in soda money and the other one is actually working for it...
What wrong with Soda? It's not like Red Bull is a dictatorship in the middle of the dessert were no one has rights if they don't comply with the state ideology (arg, sorry... Religion).

Hating RBL just because they have corporate sponsors is anticapitalist and dumb.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk[/quote]No you got it wrong... I hate them because they are an artificial fuck up!

WE have sponsors... But we acquired them by being successful - not the other way round...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:22 pm

There are clubs who spent in one window more than RB Leipzig have spent on players in their entire existence. Stop trying to paint a picture where Leipzig are spending some 400m on transfers every season.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:28 pm

MUTU wrote:There are clubs who spent in one window more than RB Leipzig have spent on players in their entire existence. Stop trying to paint a picture where Leipzig are spending some 400m on transfers every season.
Even if they only spent 100€, it's irrelevant, it was money thar was given to them without deserving it...

RBL are like a lottery winner going up to Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates and Elon Musk saying: "hey, we're all the same!"
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:34 pm

#12 wrote:
MUTU wrote:There are clubs who spent in one window more than RB Leipzig have spent on players in their entire existence. Stop trying to paint a picture where Leipzig are spending some 400m on transfers every season.
Even if they only spent 100€, it's irrelevant, it was money thar was given to them without deserving it...

RBL are like a lottery winner going up to Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates and Elon Musk saying: "hey, we're all the same!"

You must understand that football today involves a lot more money than in the 1800s. If a club that was founded in the 1800s by a rich guy who told them "hey guys, I have a field and you can play on it. I can even buy you some shoes", that's a fake club according to you? Do you realise how silly your argument is? Practically all if not all clubs had some initial investment, some more than others, but then you need to look at the perspective of football investment at the time the clubs were founded. Bayern's founders weren't exactly skinflint, you know? Leipzig are a club that made a great team through, mainly, great scouting. They are role models.

They're not using Red Bull's money. They are buying players like Keita for 29.75m and selling him 2 years later for 60m.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby aterford » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:52 pm

My order of preference (broadly speaking, most-preferred to least) for the quarterfinals:

Lyon
Napoli
RB Leipzig

Those are the 'bottom 3' for me. I know Flick has only managed a draw against Nagelsmann, but all in all I like our odds. Of course they'll be without Werner.

Atletico
Atalanta
PSG

Next up these three. I think Atletico have been a bit overrated by their performance vs Liverpool (who, TBH, were rather unimpressive in this year's UCL) - in general that was the exception, not the rule for Atleti this year. But you still only have to turn up for one match to knock someone out, so they are dangerous still. I think Atalanta are a fun team to watch but have some big deficiencies. Still they have a lot of firepower, again could be dangerous. PSG might seem a little low. Obviously they have talent, but you won't convince me that they don't have some of the biggest choker-mindset in the business.

Juventus
Barcelona
Winner of Madrid-Manchester City

And my top three least-desirable.
Both Barca and Juve are not playing particularly great, but the Messi and Ronaldo factor is still a big one. You can play good for 89 minutes...all it takes is one tiny slip up by one single player and they can make you pay. Over two legs I would actually feel a bit better. It's hard to totally neutralize either one over 90 minutes, but in a two-legged tie even if they end up scoring in the first you have another 90 min to gameplan for and attack from a different angle. In single-leg....you make one mistake and you could be out just like that. Won't ever count out a Messi or Ronaldo-side until they're clearly and obviously in serious decline.
And then my least desired would have to be whichever team wins Madrid-City. Both are coming into form at the right time...and whoever wins will get a bit of a momentum boost (IMO) after knowing they eliminated one of the big favorites. Truth be told I think we could manage either one in another round, but I would not want one of them right away in the QFs....
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:52 pm

MUTU wrote:
#12 wrote:

You must understand that football today involves a lot more money than in the 1800s. If a club that was founded in the 1800s by a rich guy who told them "hey guys, I have a field and you can play on it. I can even buy you some shoes", that's a fake club according to you? Do you realise how silly your argument is? Practically all if not all clubs had some initial investment, some more than others, but then you need to look at the perspective of football investment at the time the clubs were founded. Bayern's founders weren't exactly skinflint, you know? Leipzig are a club that made a great team through, mainly, great scouting. They are role models.

They're not using Red Bull's money. They are buying players like Keita for 29.75m and selling him 2 years later for 60m.
BS…

Every club had to make do… They got everything blown up their asses… Just recently 100m they "don’t use" to make up for the crisis hitting other clubs hard…
That’s exactly it! It‘s not a little here or there, it’s economically unfeasible… also, they‘re neither democratic nor is this development comparable as you said… 7 years… that’s not growth, that’s doping… also, the "soda" sucks!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:54 pm

I would have agreed with you if their team cost them over a billion euros. But it didn't. There were single player transfers more expensive than what RB Leipzig spent in total on transfers.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:53 am

MUTU wrote:
#12 wrote:

Wish Red Bull had actually poured some more money into RBL so they could have kept Werner, Keita, et al, so Bayern could actually have some competition and the season weren't just a 1y procession to the tittle.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:03 pm

We are staying at the Allianz!
Can't see tweet? Click here!
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

[2020-07-10] Bayern Munich vs ??? — CL draw

Postby MatchBot » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:51 am

2019-20 UEFA Champions League QF and SF draw
2019-20 UEFA Champions League QF and SF draw
Competition: UEFA Champions League
Venue: UEFA Headquarters, Nyon

MatchBot
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: [2020-07-10] Bayern Munich vs ??? — CL draw

Postby MUTU » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:57 am

This draw will feel weird. Today we'll know the path to a potential final and at which stage we could meet specific teams.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:58 am

It's still not clear whether or not we'll get to know if Bayern are playing Chelsea on 7th or 8th August today.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:11 am

I was wondering whether we’d have this thread or not since we’re not yet through.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:13 am

Well, there's a draw and we're going to be discussing it.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:16 am

I changed the poll now because it makes more sense. I was wishing for Lyon myself, which would mean Juve eliminated, but the draw won't be like that... it'd say Lyon/Juve as our possible opponent, which would mean Juventus if they go through. Whoever had voted, please re-vote.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League