You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2019/20 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

Re: 2019/20 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby America USA » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:37 pm

Provided Bayern knock out Chelsea in the Ro16 here are the Teams I want to face:
1. RB Leipzig (same situation as Bayern as in coming out of a break plus they don’t even have a Ro16 match and have lost Werner)

2. Atlanta (although they have been pretty good in the Serie A for a while it’s undeniable that they have a lower quality squad than most of the teams left in the competition)

3. PSG (they have not played competitive football in forever now and although they’ll be very tough opponents I think we have a decent chance against them in a one leg KO game)

4. Barcelona (Given that they beat Napoli): Yes Messi is still scary but I don’t think Barcelona’s midfield and defense are as good as they were 5 years ago. On Paper our best XI can match theirs and I think we have a better midfield and slightly more coordination in our defense {provided both Alaba and Thiago stay until the UCL restarts})

5. Juventus (Given they beat Lyon): Yes Juventus are strong and Ronaldo and Dybala are incredible players but I think we should not be afraid of them in a one off game, we can score goals against them but so can Juve. It’ll boil down to which team has a better defensive performance.

6. Man City: Probably the most talented team left in the tournament and given they KO Real Madrid they would be very dangerous opponents especially because the PL ends on July 26. However our midfield can match theirs and their defense can be shaky at times so although I would not want to draw against them they won’t be the worst of the bunch.

7. At Madrid: Very scary team. What they did against Liverpool was amazing. Simeone is very dangerous when they are underdogs. I hope to avoid them at all costs.

* Lyon: If they somehow surprise Juventus then I would like them more than Atlanta and PSG. Yes they are a talented team but we should be able to beat them if we want to win the Treble.

* Napoli: If they can shock Barcelona then I would prefer them after Atlanta. Once again like Lyon if we have ambitions of actually winning the Treble then we should be able to defeat a team like Napoli.

* Real Madrid: They seem to be in tremendous form since the restart and look in prime position to win La Liga. I just want to see Zidane lose that’s all. The sooner Zidane’s unbeaten KO streak ends the better for all the remaining teams. Because a Real Madrid team with momentum that knows how to get results against Bayern would be the worst possible opponents for us.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:31 am

Atlanta is a city in the US. Atalanta are the RB Leipzig of Italy.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby America USA » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:32 am

Autocorrect
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:03 am

MUTU wrote:Atlanta is a city in the US. Atalanta are the RB Leipzig of Italy.
No ....

Atalanta is the factory of thousands of talented players.... with a history that goes back 113 years...

Who the fk are RB Leipzig????
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tuscanybayern » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:58 am

ramsej84 wrote:
No ....

Atalanta is the factory of thousands of talented players.... with a history that goes back 113 years...

Atalanta has been in Serie A for most of its history. They used to be a mid-table club, sometimes risking relegation, sometimes being eventually relegated.

Then Gasperini took over the coaching position and he's doing incredibly well, they are not spending big money or else. Their team is nothing like Leipzig, they are just investing on their youth and developing mid-level Italian players into attractive players for Juventus, Milan, Inter etc...these clubs eventually buy these players from Atalanta and then they find out they were actually overperforming at Atalanta thanks to Gasperini.

They sold Bastoni to Inter for 31m, Kessié to Milan for 24m, Conti to Milan for 24m, Cristante to Roma for 22m, Gagliardini to Inter for 20m, Caldara to Juventus for 19m...

If you check on transfermarkt all of these player are currently valued for less or much less than what Juve Milan Inter etc spent to sign them from Atalanta

Good business for Atalanta...eventually they will find their Gotze and Lewandowski but as of now they keep profiting from these kind of sales
tuscanybayern
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:12 am

ramsej84 wrote:
No ....

When they were 8 years old, RB Leipzig obtained a domestic league position (2nd) that's higher than anything achieved by Atalanta in their 113 year 'history'. Just because a club is younger doesn't mean they can't be similar or better. Just ask Tottenham with their 137 year old history how they felt when they played RB Leipzig.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:26 am

They felt way bigger, older and alive than RB Leipzig. 16-20 years ago I was watching Ailtón, Kuranyi, Martin Max, Pizarro, Makaay, Jancker, Bernd Dreher and in Leipzig nothing was going on, literally.
Not just in Leipzig, but in Salzburg, New York, São Paulo, as well.

So we can ask all those fans what were they doing back then except FC Austria Salzburg fans who lost their club and had to form their team all over again.

You two can't have the same views on the same thing because you use simply 2 completely different parameters and you exclude each other with your facts. :D
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Lukas » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:55 am

Sorry I cannot see any similarities between Atalanta and Leipzig. Please explain
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:48 am

Lukas wrote:Sorry I cannot see any similarities between Atalanta and Leipzig. Please explain

Two clubs with young players buying non-famous players and playing in the CL QFs for the first time.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:07 pm

MUTU wrote:
Lukas wrote:Sorry I cannot see any similarities between Atalanta and Leipzig. Please explain

Two clubs with young players buying non-famous players and playing in the CL QFs for the first time.
While one is heavily relying in soda money and the other one is actually working for it...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Lukas » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:41 pm

#12 wrote:
MUTU wrote:

While one is heavily relying in soda money and the other one is actually working for it...

Yes maybe they are quite similar ON the pitch but they’re worlds apart off it
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:52 pm

#12 wrote:
MUTU wrote:

Leipzig's team cost a fraction of Atalanta's.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:58 pm

MUTU wrote:
#12 wrote:
MUTU wrote:[quote="Lukas"]Sorry I cannot see any similarities between Atalanta and Leipzig. Please explain

Leipzig's team cost a fraction of Atalanta's.[/quote]Yup... And their training grounds? Stadium? Executives? They just popped out of nowhere right, no money needed?
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:18 pm

#12 wrote:
MUTU wrote:Leipzig's team cost a fraction of Atalanta's.
Yup... And their training grounds? Stadium? Executives? They just popped out of nowhere right, no money needed?

Atalanta paid between ~115,000,000 and 130,000,000 in transfer fees to assemble their first team as it currently stands (The higher number includes players that they paid a loan fee prior to buying or players who were bought once, sold, and bought again. The lower number is just the straight-up most recent transfer fees).

Leipzig paid ~177,000,000 in transfer fees to assemble their first team as it currently stands.
That does not include the recently departed Timo Werner (14m paid) or new arrival Hwang (9m).

Of course there are a number of ways to calculate "cost". Atalanta, having been around longer, have surely spent more in total fees to acquire players. And you can buy a player, sell a player, and turn around and use that money to buy a new player, sure. But that is going to be next to impossible to track or quantify without having access to their books. As it stands, these are the numbers we know....
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:33 pm

#12 wrote:
MUTU wrote:

What wrong with Soda? It's not like Red Bull is a dictatorship in the middle of the dessert were no one has rights if they don't comply with the state ideology (arg, sorry... Religion).

Hating RBL just because they have corporate sponsors is anticapitalist and dumb.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League