You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2019/20 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

Re: 2019/20 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby Fénix » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:29 am

MUTU wrote:Out of all the teams left, Bayern are the ones more used to playing single leg knockout matches with extra time and penalties.

Yes... and lose it. Chelsea 2012, Inter 2010, Liverpool 2001, ManU 1999, Porto 1987.

We are not talking about DFB Pokal, y'know... :?
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:18 pm

Bazi wrote:
MUTU wrote:Out of all the teams left, Bayern are the ones more used to playing single leg knockout matches with extra time and penalties.

I fear the break between the end of our season and the Champions League will kill our chances whereas competitors from Spain and England will smoothly transition from the end of their regular season into this CL tournament. A gigantic competitive disadvantage that is not easy to overcome.

That depends...the Spanish, English, and Italian teams are still playing competitive fixtures which puts their players at higher risk for injuries and wear and tear.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:35 pm

Bazi wrote:

I fear the break between the end of our season and the Champions League will kill our chances whereas competitors from Spain and England will smoothly transition from the end of their regular season into this CL tournament. A gigantic competitive disadvantage that is not easy to overcome.

Yes I know this. I highlighted it some time ago but not everyone agreed with me.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:37 pm

Fénix wrote:

Yes... and lose it. Chelsea 2012, Inter 2010, Liverpool 2001, ManU 1999, Porto 1987.

What bullshit is this mentioning Liverpool 2001 as if the Super Cup is more important than the DFB Pokal? Do you want me to talk about a match that was even more important that we won? Raja Casablanca
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:38 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:
Bazi wrote:

That depends...the Spanish, English, and Italian teams are still playing competitive fixtures which puts their players at higher risk for injuries and wear and tear.

In the meantime how many of our players required surgery during the Coronavirus outbreak? ;)
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:32 pm

MUTU wrote:
Fénix wrote:

What bullshit is this mentioning Liverpool 2001 as if the Super Cup is more important than the DFB Pokal? Do you want me to talk about a match that was even more important that we won? Raja Casablanca

You started first and I replied you with international single leg matches for TROPHIES. 8) :mrgreen:
And I know it hurts, but we waited for too long to win the only remaining trophy that was missing to us in football and that's European Super Cup.

Javi Martínez saved our asses against Mourinho's Chelsea in 2013 in the additional time or else we would lose it after the full-time whistle and still would be talking about that trophy. :wink:
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby MUTU » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:38 pm

My point, and this is what I believe matters: is there any other club in the entire world that has won more single-leg knockout matches that have extra time and penalties (no replay) in the last, say, 8 years than Bayern have? I believe the answer is no, at least not a club that is still playing in the Champions League. We're used to this from a mental aspect. It's a different kind of game, because there's no protecting that away goal advantage and there's no time-wasting because you're playing the second leg at home. Two teams are on the pitch, and one will go out a loser and the other a winner, simple. Bayern players are used to matches like these, doesn't matter if you want to underrate the DFB-Pokal.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:18 pm

MUTU wrote:Why should I know it? In fact, I think the complete opposite, given you mentioned the two teams who are experts at LOSING in 1 leg matches in the Champions League (finals). In fact, I'd say it specifically hits those two teams worst. And Juventus need to eliminate Lyon first.
Not like our finals record is something to write home about...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:20 pm

MUTU wrote:Even the World Cup QFs, watched by much more people, are played over two days.
Not so sure...
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:51 pm

#12 wrote:
MUTU wrote:Why should I know it? In fact, I think the complete opposite, given you mentioned the two teams who are experts at LOSING in 1 leg matches in the Champions League (finals). In fact, I'd say it specifically hits those two teams worst. And Juventus need to eliminate Lyon first.
Not like our finals record is something to write home about...

It's literally average ;) or better than average if you include the Pokal.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby nm462272 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:49 pm

apparently its official, the tournament will take place in Lisbon
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MUTU » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:27 pm

MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:36 pm

UCL Official Calendar

Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:57 pm

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby #12 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:58 pm

4 games, 4 days... The field will look like shit by the time the semis are played...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League