You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2019/20 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

Re: 2019/20 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:55 pm

Atalanta 1-1 City

City played the last 17 minutes (including 7 minutes of stoppage time) with Kyle Walker as GK after Ederson got injured and Bravo sent off.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:57 pm

Bayern and PSG are the only two teams with 4/4 wins.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:05 pm

r10 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Carlo’s Napoli have similar weaknesses to Carlo’s Bayern.
What do you mean exactly?
IMHO they do not train hard enough, and that 'soft' trainings were players' complaints against Carlo in Munich.
Things seem to repeat in Napoli as the owner ordered one week closed training camp with players and the coach unhappy.
At least Ancelotti is Italian so they understand each other better (I mean psycho, not language skills).
But yest after the match, the players protested the decision and went back home
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:06 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Haha same here... won me a bet too. I didn’t give up because Juve always score in stoppage time these days
F'o## kemm ghandhom
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby DiegoForlan » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:10 pm

Dinamo Zagreb vs Shakhtar is the biggest twist of this season
DiegoForlan
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Fénix » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:26 pm

DiegoForlan wrote:Dinamo Zagreb vs Shakhtar is the biggest twist of this season

5 minutes away from the 1/8 finals, just 5 jebenih, usranih i šugavih minuta. And the conclusion?

Just as I said here many times and I'll say it again. Ajax was example last night and many times Bayern under Kovač and Ancelotti - no conceded goals, gentlemen!!! Defence! Play fúcking defence and ohne Gegentore! Football without defensive game and clean sheet makes no sense at all. You can play turbo sexy atomic total football and it makes no sense if you have no defensive football at all.

VAR = KVAR( translated from Croatian - malfunction, corrupted, kaputt, rompido). Thank you for technology that ruins absolutely everything - from Croatia NT in the World Cup final epic fail in front of billions of people in the first 45 minutes of the match, FC Bayern so many times over the last 2 seasons(including DFB Pokal final 2017/2018) and now Dinamo Zagreb. Napoli - Liverpool robbery matchday no. 1, Serie A KVAR criminal activities, Real Madrid this year in the CL group stage matchday 1 or 2 to save their asses, etc. etc. :roll:

#Idon'tNeedKVAR! :wink:
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:32 pm

Fénix wrote:
DiegoForlan wrote:Dinamo Zagreb vs Shakhtar is the biggest twist of this season

5 minutes away from the 1/8 finals, just 5 jebenih, usranih i šugavih minuta. And the conclusion?

Just as I said here many times and I'll say it again. Ajax was example last night and many times Bayern under Kovač and Ancelotti - no conceded goals, gentlemen!!! Defence! Play fúcking defence and ohne Gegentore! Football without defensive game and clean sheet makes no sense at all. You can play turbo sexy atomic total football and it makes no sense if you have no defensive football at all.

VAR = KVAR( translated from Croatian - malfunction, corrupted, kaputt, rompido). Thank you for technology that ruins absolutely everything - from Croatia NT in the World Cup final epic fail in front of billions of people in the first 45 minutes of the match, FC Bayern so many times over the last 2 seasons(including DFB Pokal final 2017/2018) and now Dinamo Zagreb. Napoli - Liverpool robbery matchday no. 1, Serie A KVAR criminal activities, Real Madrid this year in the CL group stage matchday 1 or 2 to save their asses, etc. etc. :roll:

#Idon'tNeedKVAR! :wink:
That Firmino thing ... what a shameful decision
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:39 pm

Who df is Rodrygo from Real ?
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:46 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Who df is Rodrygo from Real ?

Whp is he? Haha, jaooooooooooooo!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: That's very embarrassing not to know, ramsej84. :lol:

If you still don't know who is Vinicius Jr., then it's very hard to know who is Rodrygo Goes. It's no longer about who are they two for the last 14 months when in the last 6 months it's all about who is Reinier Jesus Carvalho. :wink:

Just to say, these guys were nowhere near Bayern while in Madrid they are hot stuff that even Atlético has recently joined a race for Reinier. :D
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:47 pm

I know Vinicious but not the other
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:53 pm

https://twitter.com/ElliotHackney/statu ... 09025?s=19

What a cunnnnt

edit. Actually, it might do him good
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:18 pm

Fénix wrote:Just as I said here many times and I'll say it again. Ajax was example last night and many times Bayern under Kovač and Ancelotti - no conceded goals, gentlemen!!! Defence! Play fúcking defence and ohne Gegentore! Football without defensive game and clean sheet makes no sense at all. You can play turbo sexy atomic total football and it makes no sense if you have no defensive football at all.

I'm not familiar with Dinamo Zagreb's situation, but there are many teams that base their defensive tactics in attacking, having the ball and pushing the opponent back. Like Pep Guardiola usually does with his teams. He might use a high defensive line, but by doing so he is narrowing the space the opponent can exploit and overcrowding their build up zones so that his team can recover possession as soon and high up the pitch as possible.

If you are in possession and the ball is far from your own goal, it is highly unlikely that you will concede a goal.

Of course every tactic has its flaws and you've got counter attacks as well. But why don't we talk about Cholo's defensive approach yesterday night and how they lost 2-1 against Shitkusen :shock:

He conceded an unlucky first goal. But that's what happens when you sit at the back waiting for counters and the opponent is constantly creating goal chances. Own goals, deflections, hand balls, beautiful goals... are way more likely to happen
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Fénix » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:09 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:I'm not familiar with Dinamo Zagreb's situation, but there are many teams that base their defensive tactics in attacking, having the ball and pushing the opponent back. Like Pep Guardiola usually does with his teams. He might use a high defensive line, but by doing so he is narrowing the space the opponent can exploit and overcrowding their build up zones so that his team can recover possession as soon and high up the pitch as possible.

And that's really fine but not all the time from A to Z, ie in every single match against every single opponent. That's his biggest problem, just as playing some "controlled risk/football" when sometimes you need balls and muscles and really attack by taking a lot of risks and way less ball control followed by slow tempo, something that is also unfamiliar to him or becomes necessary only when it's already too late and everything's completely lost.

YlonenXabi wrote:Of course every tactic has its flaws and you've got counter attacks as well. But why don't we talk about Cholo's defensive approach yesterday night and how they lost 2-1 against Shitkusen :shock:

He conceded an unlucky first goal. But that's what happens when you sit at the back waiting for counters and the opponent is constantly creating goal chances. Own goals, deflections, hand balls, beautiful goals... are way more likely to happen

That's the other side of the medal what El Cholo did wrong after 2013/2014. His Atlético were better team and played way better football when they played like they had played from 2011 to 2014.
I find this one of the main reasons why he can't move up further from 2nd spot in La Liga for the last 5 years and why his team isn't going to move up if the Argentinian doesn't give up of that football. Not to mention, that in the last 2-3 years even his team start to concede goals big time, obviously it isn't enough just to sit back and wait for some flash up front or play only counter attacks. It doesn't work great anymore in the K.O. 2 leg competitions, either.

Atlético have got right now really good team with a tendency to become really powerful next season in summer with 2-3 additional world-class players in all lines. They have decided to refresh the team and start the overhaul. However, that's gonna be equal to ZERO if Simeone doesn't start dramatically working on the attacking part of the game.
Even now when they have the best possible opportunity to crown themselves La Liga champions, they are following Barcelona and R. Madrid footsteps and they're dropping so many valuable points that mean a lot in a battle for La Liga title.
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

[2019-12-16] 2019-20 UEFA Champions League Round of 16 Draw

Postby MatchBot » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:02 pm

2019-20 UEFA Champions League Round of 16 Draw
2019-20 UEFA Champions League Round of 16 Draw
Competition: UEFA Champions League
Venue: UEFA Headquarters, Nyon (neutral venue)

MatchBot
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Borusse » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:47 pm

Situation is still very unclear in our group: Barcelona with 8 points, BVB with 7, Inter with 4, Prague with 2.

The problem is that if we lose against Barcelona and Inter win their game against Prague then we will be equal on points with Inter however they have a better head-to-head result against us. So in the last game they will play Barcelona's B team at home (as Barca will have a guaranteed first place) and they will most probably win that game.

So we either have to hope for Inter to slip up in Prague which is not that unlikely considering how well Prague are showing up in this group OR we have to get something in Barcelona. We are surely capable of it but I have no idea what to expect from BVB anymore.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League