You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2019/20 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

Re: 2019/20 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby sherpthederp » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:41 am

This is where our confidence should come from. We are averaging over 4 goals per match in the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE, not against Bundesliga teams, but against Europe’s best. We got this
sherpthederp
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MUTU » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:42 am

But... But... High defence line!
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Ed. » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:00 pm

Of course the high defense line is a concern...
We are not going to be scoring 4 in a CL final, even if if was Leipzig, because there are non footballing factors that come into play.

If Flick sticks to his guns, then Neuer needs to bring out his A game and not f&&k up when playing sweeper.
Ed.
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:10 pm

Ed. wrote:Of course the high defense line is a concern...
We are not going to be scoring 4 in a CL final, even if if was Leipzig, because there are non footballing factors that come into play.

If Flick sticks to his guns, then Neuer needs to bring out his A game and not f&&k up when playing sweeper.
Why not?

I pointed out that finals are almost always low-scoring myself, but that doesn’t mean it can’t happen. It wouldn’t even be unprecedented. I think if our attack is in top form it’s certainly possible, if unlikely.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:14 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Ed. wrote:Of course the high defense line is a concern...

Why not?

I pointed out that finals are almost always low-scoring myself, but that doesn’t mean it can’t happen. It wouldn’t even be unprecedented. I think if our attack is in top form it’s certainly possible, if unlikely.
We're Bayern... We have yet to win a final without drama till the last second...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Ed. » Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:10 pm

#12 wrote:We have yet to win a final without drama till the last second...

Yes, that is true isn't it?
Finals are tight, the winning ones I watched vs Valencia, Dortmund were nerve wracking.

Though, if you want to put a positive spin to it, I don't recall any final we lost, where were not in it till the very end.
Vs Porto, Utd, Chelsea.

The one vs Inter was the exception, I think the game was settled at 2-0 with more than 20 mins still to play.
Ed.
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:21 pm

Ed. wrote:
#12 wrote:We have yet to win a final without drama till the last second...

Yes, that is true isn't it?
Finals are tight, the winning ones I watched vs Valencia, Dortmund were nerve wracking.

Though, if you want to put a positive spin to it, I don't recall any final we lost, where were not in it till the very end.
Vs Porto, Utd, Chelsea.

The one vs Inter was the exception, I think the game was settled at 2-0 with more than 20 mins still to play.
Problems is we're experts at bottling it... We should’ve won 4/5 instead of 2/5 (talking about CL alone, Porto is another story... So 3/6 would still be nothing to write home about, but 2/6 would just be so bad...

Let alone the teams we lost to...

NOT TOMORROW!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby AvatarX » Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:48 pm

In retrospect, I kind of liked this knock-out one game mini tournament in last 8 of CL.

If you add some fans in the stadium in the future (in a covid free world) IMO it would be interesting.
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby America USA » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:13 am

AvatarX wrote:In retrospect, I kind of liked this knock-out one game mini tournament in last 8 of CL.

If you add some fans in the stadium in the future (in a covid free world) IMO it would be interesting.

The two legged format is what defines the European Cup and I think it should stay that way. Maybe you could have a one legged semifinal but that’s that.

A successful Champions League campaign and boy did we need this! At the start of the season last year I had already written this campaign off as a free hit and didn’t expect anything serious from Bayern in the UCL this year. But boy did Flick turn this around :D

Now finally those annoying Real Madrid and PL fans will shut up (at least for a few months) about Bayern being a flat track bully and respect us again.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:08 am

America USA wrote:
AvatarX wrote:In retrospect, I kind of liked this knock-out one game mini tournament in last 8 of CL.

The two legged format is what defines the European Cup and I think it should stay that way. Maybe you could have a one legged semifinal but that’s that.

A successful Champions League campaign and boy did we need this! At the start of the season last year I had already written this campaign off as a free hit and didn’t expect anything serious from Bayern in the UCL this year. But boy did Flick turn this around :D

Now finally those annoying Real Madrid and PL fans will shut up (at least for a few months) about Bayern being a flat track bully and respect us again.

I would definitely be up for one legged ties in the semis but I think many clubs like two legged ties to maximize the revenue so I don't think we will ever do away with two legged ties.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby aterford » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:18 am

I've actually long wondered why they haven't already proposed a two-legged final, too, haha.
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:36 am

Take it from me, it would suck... seriously...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:55 am

Some random UCL-related stats that may or may not have been shared:

-Winningest UCL run of all time at 11W, 0D, 0L. Previous record was 9W, 4D, 0L, held by both Barca and Man United

-Only team to ever win 11 UCL matches in a row

-Highest-scoring UCL winning campaign and second-highest scoring UCL campaign ever - Barca scored 45 in 16 matches (99-00) but did not win and Madrid previously held the record for most in a winning-season with 42 goals in 13 matches. We scored 43 in 11 matches.

-Only the second team to have multiple European trebles

-Moved ahead of Barca and level with Liverpool for third-most UCLs won (Behind Milan and Madrid)

-Highest scoring KO game in the UCL era

-Only the 7th club to win all 6 matches in the group stage

-Lewandowski finishes the season as the 4th-highest scoring player in UCL history, and in all likelihood will move into 3rd next season.

-Davies becomes the youngest defender to win the UCL and first Canadian to win it (technically...)

-Coman the first player to score a goal against his former club in the final

-Highest group stage goal differential ever (and I would have to assume highest GD in a winning UCL run, but can't say for sure on that)

Probably more than that, but that's all I've got at the moment.
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby cuil » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:52 am

aterford wrote:I've actually long wondered why they haven't already proposed a two-legged final, too, haha.

Must be due to the international competitions.

IMO it's Europa league that should be a knock-out format.
cuil
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:18 am

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League