You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2019/20 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

Re: 2019/20 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby #12 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:17 pm

SrLuisGuilherme wrote:I'd say Kimmich > Schweinsteiger but let's just wait until next monday to make our conclusions... Hell even Gnabry is debatable to get in that 2013 team. He's just too good in big games this season... But as I said, let's just wait until the season is finished. On a HIGH I hope.
HEATHEN!
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Dumbledore7 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:23 pm

The 2013 team can hold a high line without conceding a single goal against elite teams. The current team need to do something very special to top that.
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

2019/20 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:38 pm

Ben Gardner wrote:This edtition of Bayern, if they keep going in style, might even be regarded as a better team than the 2013 edition. Or is the 2013 edition with legends like Ribery, Robben, Lahm and Schweinsteiger untouchable?
If we won the cup and especially if we score 6 more goals in the remaining games (difficult, but hardly impossible) they will go down as the best team of all time in my books.

A large number of positive records will be held by this team.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:33 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:The 2013 team can hold a high line without conceding a single goal against elite teams. The current team need to do something very special to top that.
If you compare 2013 to anyone else, you should steer clear of the word elite as in that particular discussion, that one is taken already...
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:05 pm

SrLuisGuilherme wrote:I'd say Kimmich > Schweinsteiger but let's just wait until next monday to make our conclusions... Hell even Gnabry is debatable to get in that 2013 team. He's just too good in big games this season... But as I said, let's just wait until the season is finished. On a HIGH I hope.
I wouldn't agree with Kimmich > Schweini. Now the Gnabry statement makes me curious, are you arguing for him over (2013) Robben?

Didn't expect anyone to make that argument, but I wouldn't necessarily think it's impossible. Just think Gnabry needs a few more years before being able to make that case. Same for Sané. I think both could end up being Robbery-level players, but we have to wait a few years before knowing.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby cuil » Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:10 pm

I believe how fast Flick turned this team around is one of the main reasons this team is regarded so highly.

Individually, there are better players who wore the Bayern shirt and even currently in the world. But as a unit, this team might be more ruthless than any version of Bayern that we have seen. There's an intensity here that is scary for the outsiders. Because this team doesn't have the revenge motivation of the 2012-13 squad to make the season more dramatic. This team is just playing to win like everybody else.

Bayern is on track to beat the most goals scored in a UCL season.

Image credit to /u/Lord_GP340 on r/soccer

Sent from my Mi 9 Lite using Tapatalk
cuil
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby SrLuisGuilherme » Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:17 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
I wouldn't agree with Kimmich > Schweini. Now the Gnabry statement makes me curious, are you arguing for him over (2013) Robben?

Didn't expect anyone to make that argument, but I wouldn't necessarily think it's impossible. Just think Gnabry needs a few more years before being able to make that case. Same for Sané. I think both could end up being Robbery-level players, but we have to wait a few years before knowing.

Or even over Ribéry maybe. His contribution when the team is pressing is so underrated. To me that helps the team even more than Robbery tracking back in 2013. But as I said, all he's done this season will mean dogshit if we go out on Wednesday or lose on Sunday so better wait and see.
SrLuisGuilherme
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby IsiahRashad » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:08 am

Can't see tweet? Click here!

Meep! Meep!
Man, this dude is killing it! :mrgreen:
IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby nm462272 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:54 pm

so what does everyone think? PSG or Leipzig? I'm thinking 3-1 for PSG...
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby #12 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:00 pm

nm462272 wrote:so what does everyone think? PSG or Leipzig? I'm thinking 3-1 for PSG...
Yup and I do not know what to make of it... Think PSG will only get stringer with every game... Then again we "stink" at games that are open for too long and Leipzig did it twice already...

AhI know what to do: MiaSanMia, who cares, we need to win, nothing else matters!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:04 pm

nm462272 wrote:so what does everyone think? PSG or Leipzig? I'm thinking 3-1 for PSG...
I say extra time. Not sure who will make it.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:06 pm

Ohhhh lady luck there
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:10 pm

I was planning to watch the match but electricity went off just 10 minutes before

PunkCapitalist

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:13 pm

Perfect goal. PSG very dominant.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby nm462272 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:14 pm

PSG is scary. I know we haven't had the most luck against Leipzig, but at least we know what to expect against them. PSG plus our high back line... makes me nervous, if it comes to it.
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League