You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2019/20 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.
 

Re: 2019/20 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:02 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Time to,stay away from the forum.

Yeah right. :mrgreen:
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 39778
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 13351 times
Been thanked: 10539 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2019/20 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby zozon » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:05 pm

What is this Treble shit?
I will be more nervous on Wednesday than against Barca.
F*ck the treble, we need to adjust our expectations one game at a time.
User avatar
zozon
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2616
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 10:04 am
Has thanked: 376 times
Been thanked: 1190 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2019/20 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby r10 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:30 pm

Who has provided the biggest contribution to ...
r10
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 697
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:57 pm
National Flag:
Poland
Has thanked: 148 times
Been thanked: 78 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2019/20 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:39 pm

zozon wrote:What is this Treble shit?
I will be more nervous on Wednesday than against Barca.
F*ck the treble, we need to adjust our expectations one game at a time.
I'm gonna be nervous as well. I was having an anxiety episode all the way to the 70th minute or so during the Barça match fearing at any moment Messi would do Messi, Boateng would do Boateng and we would have a tight match. Still, doesn't mean we can't be optimistic and think about the treble. It's TWO matches away guys!!

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk
User avatar
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 7835
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:15 pm
Has thanked: 3493 times
Been thanked: 3089 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2019/20 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby Achilles » Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:37 pm

Sterling's sitter is a monumental miss, the whole goal was in front of him, the pass at the best possible timing and speed, his body was placed right and everything, this is not a situation where "it happens" this is a contract termination kind of... Unbelievable, what a dumb@ss.

I believe that by now every Pep fan of the Bayern-era is persuaded that this incredible coach messed up our magnificent squad at their peak, he has major tactical flaws approaching the game in the KO phase and for a coach of his caliber that's absolutely terrible. Seven years in the row with two of the best top-5 squads he couldn't even COMPETE for the CL. This is embarrassing... even if we want to excuse him for his tenure at Munich you just can't not overlook that he can't even reach the semi-finals with this City team and getting kicked out from INFERIOR teams(except LFC) by conceding 3 to 5 goals permanently, that's absurd.

This CL season it gets very interesting, with this win of Lyon I really do feel a pressure. We're playing so good that many outsiders have already given us the CL trophy. The favorite tag is heavier than any other season... I hope Flick has some Sammer in him and keeps it low-key as much as possible, right now the trophy is ours to lose.
Mia san mia
User avatar
Achilles
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3975
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:36 am
Has thanked: 1121 times
Been thanked: 2178 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2019/20 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:35 pm

Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
User avatar
Firefox1234
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 18645
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 1:42 am
Location: United States of America
National Flag:
Kenya
Has thanked: 5883 times
Been thanked: 4513 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2019/20 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby Ben Gardner » Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:50 pm

With the performances Bayern has put up Lately they are of course BIG favourites to win the whole thing. It would be ridiculous to think otherwise. Even if the remaining teams has earned their places in the semis and must be taken seriously, I kinda think that a slip in the semi or the final wouldn't be seen gently from you guys.
User avatar
Ben Gardner
Woah, this feels cool!
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:44 pm
Location: Sweden
National Flag:
Sweden
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 21 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2019/20 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby MUTU » Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:43 pm

Firefox1234 wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!

This is massive for Leipzig. Is he out for a potential final too?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 45928
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8413 times
Been thanked: 13373 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2019/20 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby MUTU » Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:48 pm

By the way, the good omen is that if we make the final, we will be playing in the same stadium we scored 8 goals in.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 45928
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8413 times
Been thanked: 13373 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2019/20 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby #12 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:01 pm

Achilles wrote:Sterling's sitter is a monumental miss, the whole goal was in front of him, the pass at the best possible timing and speed, his body was placed right and everything, this is not a situation where "it happens" this is a contract termination kind of... Unbelievable, what a dumb@ss.

I believe that by now every Pep fan of the Bayern-era is persuaded that this incredible coach messed up our magnificent squad at their peak, he has major tactical flaws approaching the game in the KO phase and for a coach of his caliber that's absolutely terrible. Seven years in the row with two of the best top-5 squads he couldn't even COMPETE for the CL. This is embarrassing... even if we want to excuse him for his tenure at Munich you just can't not overlook that he can't even reach the semi-finals with this City team and getting kicked out from INFERIOR teams(except LFC) by conceding 3 to 5 goals permanently, that's absurd.

This CL season it gets very interesting, with this win of Lyon I really do feel a pressure. We're playing so good that many outsiders have already given us the CL trophy. The favorite tag is heavier than any other season... I hope Flick has some Sammer in him and keeps it low-key as much as possible, right now the trophy is ours to lose.
When he lost to Liverpool, they were heavy underdogs though - don’t mistake them for current Pool...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 23063
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 1167 times
Been thanked: 5327 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2019/20 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby amaurer » Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:17 pm

Guys I know we're not there but what are your predictions if we face PSG in final ?
Knowing that they will certainly have Di Maria + Verrati + Mbappe in the starting line up compared to Atalanta game which makes a huge difference.
If we lose against them I think I will never recover especially living in France with my friend showing off for the rest of my life

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
User avatar
amaurer
Getting the hang of it
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:07 am
National Flag:
France
Has thanked: 56 times
Been thanked: 27 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2019/20 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:57 pm

amaurer wrote:Guys I know we're not there but what are your predictions if we face PSG in final ?
Knowing that they will certainly have Di Maria + Verrati + Mbappe in the starting line up compared to Atalanta game which makes a huge difference.
If we lose against them I think I will never recover especially living in France with my friend showing off for the rest of my life

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Outside of Verrati PSG's midfield is very weak so it will come down to keeping down Neymar and Mbappe which I'm confident our team can do.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
User avatar
Firefox1234
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 18645
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 1:42 am
Location: United States of America
National Flag:
Kenya
Has thanked: 5883 times
Been thanked: 4513 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2019/20 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby zozon » Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:14 pm

Guys, PSG are going out against Leipzig...
User avatar
zozon
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2616
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 10:04 am
Has thanked: 376 times
Been thanked: 1190 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2019/20 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby #12 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:16 pm

zozon wrote:Guys, PSG are going out against Leipzig...
Like they did against Atalanta?
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 23063
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 1167 times
Been thanked: 5327 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2019/20 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby r10 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:21 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:keeping down Neymar and Mbappe which I'm confident our team can do.
Do you remember our defense line in Paris in 2017??
I expect the'll score at least one goal each, so we'll need more [-o<.
r10
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 697
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:57 pm
National Flag:
Poland
Has thanked: 148 times
Been thanked: 78 times
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests