You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2019/20 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

Re: 2019/20 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:58 am

MUTU wrote:I'm not complaining about City's elimination but something sinister was afoot last night. I can't help but think that UEFA took revenge for the CAS defeat. If so, that's not in the spirit of fair play, though truth be told neither are City's finances, but you don't do a negative to negate a negative.
Honestly, no matter how many times I see it, I can’t see how the goal stood.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:14 pm

MUTU wrote:I'm not complaining about City's elimination but something sinister was afoot last night. I can't help but think that UEFA took revenge for the CAS defeat. If so, that's not in the spirit of fair play, though truth be told neither are City's finances, but you don't do a negative to negate a negative.
Said the same thing... Then again, they could’ve done it a week earlier...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:16 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
The second goal?
The player did not touch it.
Perfect goal
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:16 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Me neither...

1.) The defenders were CLEARLY distracted by the offside player... Thus making him active...

2.) Clear foul... Not a bad one, but that is called like 99% of times...
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:18 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:
The second goal?
The player did not touch it.
Perfect goal
Dude if this is called against us I would EXPLODE... This is far, FAR worse than any conspiracies you and other claim we faced with RM...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Dumbledore7 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:23 pm

If that clip by Dembélé was in the box, it would've been a penalty. Clear foul as anything.
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby MUTU » Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:37 pm

#12 wrote:This is far, FAR worse than any conspiracies you and other claim we faced with RM...

:shock: :roll:

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:11 pm

The moment we won the treble. :wink:

FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:23 pm

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tuscanybayern » Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:38 pm

I am much more confident than I was before trashing Barcelona 8-2 and even more confident after Lyon ridiculed ManSheiki - however I think we should shut up with all the crap about us already having won the treble or how Guardiola won Bayern the treble at last or how Sterling's miss won us the treble.

The moment we win the treble can only be on Sunday 23 at some time from 22:45 to 23:40 when the referee blows the final whistle and Bayern is not only one of the two teams playing but also the team with more goals or penalties on the scoreboard.
tuscanybayern
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Fénix » Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:48 pm

Yes, that rhetoric should be far away from us, not our style.

The players are focused on the semifinal and no time to play arrogance, superiority attitude and so on. We are talking on the pitch when we play, not social media before the match. Big Wednesday and we'll know where we are standing after that.
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Jorge » Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:56 pm

#12 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Me neither...

1.) The defenders were CLEARLY distracted by the offside player... Thus making him active...

2.) Clear foul... Not a bad one, but that is called like 99% of times...

I think that the foul was very weak, maybe in the BL and CL it is called all the time, certainly not in the EPL. Typically, that high up on the pitch it is not called. If it was closer to the box I can see the referee calling a free kick easily.

I am on the fence about the offside. One can argue that the passive player is "participating in the play" as it is written in the law, but after watching the replay many times I do not see intention in the defending team on setting the passive player on offside to neutralize his participation in the play, they clearly are sloppy, lazy and tactically poorly set up. These are factors that could have influenced the VAR.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:58 pm

It is mostly in jest and banter of course, in full awareness that we are exposing ourselves to potential ridicule.

Like MUTU said last week, thinking we haven't won yet is how the players need to think, more than us fans. We're too pumped now. :D And that is exactly how they seem to be thinking, which is what gives me more confidence than Lyon qualifying.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tuscanybayern » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:00 pm

Fénix wrote:Yes, that rhetoric should be far away from us, not our style.

The players are focused on the semifinal and no time to play arrogance, superiority attitude and so on. We are talking on the pitch when we play, not social media before the match. Big Wednesday and we'll know where we are standing after that.

Besides, after UCL 2011/12 I think no matter how superior you are to the other team on paper: sometimes it only takes one player to make that trophy out of your reach all of a sudden. PSG has plenty, against Nagelsmann's Leipzig we haven't even won this season and Juve and City tell us we have also to be careful with Lyon.
tuscanybayern
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:48 pm

Time to,stay away from the forum.
I can't stand such statements...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League