You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2018/19 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

Re: 2018/19 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby MUTU » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:57 pm

Borusse wrote:Someone hug me. :cry:

Punch that BVB biscuit tin box in frustration :( Gutted for you guys.

PS: guess you have no luck against the Judenklubs :(
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:00 pm

Borusse wrote:Someone hug me. :cry:

I support German teams in Europe but can't say I'm not slightly amused by Dortmund's last 4 games. I feel your pain though. Hope we're not feeling the same way this time on Tuesday.

Shame it was such a disastrous ending. I believe you could have done something at home even with a 2-0 loss but this result is a little too big.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby America USA » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:01 pm

I fail to remember when was the last time Real won a double legged UCL KO affair clean. The 5-0 win against us and the 4-2 against Atletico come to mind. However, despite the referees being so incredibly biased, RM do know how to perform at this stage. The Champs league is won by taking your chances and defending resolutely and they do both things pretty well.

Sad for Dortmund and this will unfortunately make them solely focus on the BL.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:02 pm

Hope Kovac realised they can't defend crosses as that's one of our biggest weapons

I can see Goretzka and Lewy having a goalfest 8)
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Borusse » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:04 pm

We've conceded another 3 goals from crosses! ALL THREE OF THEM.

Jesus... How could we become so bad defensively in such a short time.

Time to wake up imidiately or the title hopes will be over soon as well.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby gumboduncan » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:11 pm

What a poor second half from Dortmund. Not a good performance for the Bundesliga. Dortmund are in crisis and their confidence is gone after their poor form in recent games. It will be a great feeling to see Bayern take the title from their hands late in the season.
In Kalle I trust
gumboduncan
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Iceland

Postby tuscanybayern » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:17 pm

Go Niko win us the TREBLE
tuscanybayern
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby America USA » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:20 pm

tuscanybayern wrote:Go Niko win us the TREBLE

Hopefully but let us be realistic here. Winning the Double this season would be a phenomenal achievement.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby Achilles » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:28 pm

Against us in the first round they should be down 2-0 in the first 15'
As I said, very good football, wish we were so fast and flexible upfront ourselves but they were EXTREMELY lucky to win some games undeservedly they escaped, now they landed in normality(bad results, getting punished when you leave spaces, injuries etc) in others words Welcome to the Bayern life, if you can't keep up under these circumstances and you break I'd happily celebrate another championship even playing that bad.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Fénix » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:31 pm

Ajax were great, played an awesome match, primarily 1st half where they ate Real Madrid, but failed to shoot on goal.
Instead of doing that they were passing and complicating in few situations where some of they players could have taken a responsibility and finish alone(course of late first and the whole second decade of the 21st century). Therefore they paid a heavy price for missing their chances.

Then that silly VAR again in action of slapping people who believed it'll prevent injustice, robberies and... Real Madrid. :D Ohh no, ain't gonna really happen. :P

Too bad for Ajax, I was really for them from the start of the CL campaign, however, with something else I was really impressed and that's how such a young team like Ajax can handle and stand equally against a team such as Real Madrid. :thumbup:

It wasn't a coincidence at all against Bayern in the group stage, but even there they failed to score and win, primarily in the first match at Allianz Arena.

Man... I want Ten Hag back in FC Bayern from the first moment I heard he's the Ajax coach - but this time coaching the first team.

He really has something and knows how to manage young players, he is familiar with Bayern, speaks German very well and I don't know how we didn't consider to take him last year instead of Niko Kovač, but okay... Our board is very typical in these situations... Screw up with Tuchel, ignore Favre, hire Plan E.

It's never too late for the Dutchman. What I really want to see here from Ajax is De Ligt and their RB. That's exactly what we desperately need along.
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:47 pm

Imagine if the only BuLi club to advance will be FC Bayern!!!
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:03 am

ramsej84 wrote:Imagine if the only BuLi club to advance will be FC Bayern!!!

Doesn't look too unrealistic
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Manchu » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:24 am

Favre's masterplan:
1. Always leave vast amounts of space on both wings
2. When Tottenham's players take advantage of this space, never have one of the centerbacks run outside to close them down. Tottenham's players must be allowed as much time as possible to pick out a perfect cross.
3. Never counterattack and always play short, slow passes. Tottenham must be allowed to pack their entire team into the box before Dortmund tries to score.
4. When Dortmund finally arrives in the final third, allow no players to enter the box. They could receive crosses or through passes and their presence might distract the defense, and we can't have that. Instead, everyone must remain outside the box and slowly and predictably pass from side to side.
5. Only shots from outside the box are permissible. A buildup which took 10 minutes must be wasted on a xG 0.03 shot
6. Have no other plan to score goals than having Sancho and Pulisic dribble past 5 players.
7. Have Gotze fight for the ball, unsupported, against 4 players twice as big as he is.
8. Don't throw on a striker or attacking player when down 2-0 at the 84th minute.
9. Don't press Lloris when down 3-0 at the 89th minute. Tottenham must be allowed to waste as much time as possible passing the ball back and forth between the centerbacks and the keeper.
9. Somehow allow Tottenham to gain all the advantages and none of the drawbacks of the possession, pressing, and counterattacking styles.
10. ???
11. ???
12. ???
13. Profit!

Did I miss anything?
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:52 pm

I've always disliked VAR, but now I do it even more. With VAR it's easier to deliberately rob any team.

Whenever any team scores a goal VAR can just go back 30 seconds and try to see if there is any minimal thing that can cause it to be disallowed. Yesterday not even Courtois or Real players protested before VAR revised the goal

If they don't want to disallow the goal they can just ignore it and move on.

Another example is Asensio's goal. Just before he scored you have Vinicius pushing and running over an Ajax player. VAR could have easily disallowed the goal because of that foul, but they decided to conveniently ignore it.
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:23 pm

Again ,... I think the VAR should go like this...

both coaches should ask the ref two times per match... that's all
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League