You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2018/19 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.
 

Re: 2018/19 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:11 am

YlonenXabi wrote:This guy should have been our coach
Yes, he should. He was by far the best candidate.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
User avatar
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 9435
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:15 pm
Has thanked: 3969 times
Been thanked: 3672 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2018/19 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:20 am

ramsej84 wrote:They bought the asian cup for qatar and they will do the same with the champs league...

Football lost its soul


ramsej84 wrote:Double standards...
The Arab oligarchs must have payed some good money...

The first goal scorer should have been sent off as early as in the first half




Dude, stop embarrassing yourself.



I guess they didn't pay enough money in the last couple of years when they were robbed by FC Barcelona and Real Madrid? :lol:
- Hansi Legend Flick -
User avatar
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 13545
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:53 am
Location: Guernsey
National Flag:
Spain
Has thanked: 4687 times
Been thanked: 4516 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: 2018/19 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:58 am

The only utd players that were trying to do something both had to be subbed off injured. And this really showed in the second half.
It was only thanks to De Gea that they still have the slimmest of hopes.

As for the referee's decisions yes I will keep to my opinion , he should have sent off Kimbepe in the first half...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 53771
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 34669 times
Been thanked: 7575 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2018/19 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby Achilles » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:08 am

SAF left ashes behind him, talking about nobody is irreplaceable in football huh ?
I think we can have some exclusions... When I see United, a club with such a great stability, continued successes on every level going down like this as a club it tickles me when the time of Neuer,Lewy will end in Munich, you know you're getting a bit worried since you don't see many Mpabbe(s) around here to carry the club after them etc
Mia san mia
User avatar
Achilles
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 4612
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:36 am
Has thanked: 1324 times
Been thanked: 2589 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2018/19 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby RedQueen » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:30 am

YlonenXabi wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:They bought the asian cup for qatar and they will do the same with the champs league...

Football lost its soul


ramsej84 wrote:Double standards...
The Arab oligarchs must have payed some good money...

The first goal scorer should have been sent off as early as in the first half


Dude, stop embarrassing yourself.

I guess they didn't pay enough money in the last couple of years when they were robbed by FC Barcelona and Real Madrid? :lol:

Not even the arrogant Red Cafe twats are putting forward conspiracy theories. PSG isn't Huddersfield or Bournemouth, simple as.

They were going on all week how their might PL team will sail past PSG now that Neymar and Verratti are out, because PSG are only good in that "Farmers' League". Only thing I regret it that Mbappé didn't put away his other chance, so they crash out of the competition 8 - 0 on aggregate.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
User avatar
RedQueen
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2621
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:58 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 151 times
Been thanked: 1358 times
Gender: Female

Re: 2018/19 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby MUTU » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:57 am

User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 51008
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 9205 times
Been thanked: 15125 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2018/19 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:05 am

BVB flight delayed as Sancho forgot his passport while being at the airport :lol:
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 53771
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 34669 times
Been thanked: 7575 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2018/19 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby Dumbledore7 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:27 am

I don't know guys. PSG is definitely a vastly superior European team, but the Ligue 1 (like the Bundesliga) IS a farmer's league. The two things are mutually exclusive.
User avatar
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 6825
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:02 pm
Location: London
National Flag:
Indonesia
Has thanked: 4798 times
Been thanked: 4235 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: 2018/19 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:24 pm

ramsej84 wrote:BVB flight delayed as Sancho forgot his passport while being at the airport :lol:

He should have travelled with his ID card. He can still do so for the next 1.5 months. :twisted:
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 42385
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 14797 times
Been thanked: 11767 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2018/19 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby MUTU » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:44 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:I don't know guys. PSG is definitely a vastly superior European team, but the Ligue 1 (like the Bundesliga) IS a farmer's league. The two things are mutually exclusive.

What about Lyon that beat Man City? This term is really disrespectful. I'd like to know how many people who used this term earn more money than the average player salary in Ligue 1.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 51008
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 9205 times
Been thanked: 15125 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2018/19 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby Dumbledore7 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:19 pm

MUTU wrote:
Dumbledore7 wrote:I don't know guys. PSG is definitely a vastly superior European team, but the Ligue 1 (like the Bundesliga) IS a farmer's league. The two things are mutually exclusive.

What about Lyon that beat Man City? This term is really disrespectful. I'd like to know how many people who used this term earn more money than the average player salary in Ligue 1.

To that, I can either argue that Lyon are a very good, established European team or that it's a one-off. Either way, exception to French football rather than the rule.

Fair enough about the derogatory use of that particular term, I wouldn't have used it myself if it wasn't in context. But point still stands that the PL can be superior to Ligue 1 and Bundesliga whilst PSG and Bayern are superior to the best English teams. Both can be true.
User avatar
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 6825
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:02 pm
Location: London
National Flag:
Indonesia
Has thanked: 4798 times
Been thanked: 4235 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: 2018/19 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby pyrasur » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:44 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:I don't know guys. PSG is definitely a vastly superior European team, but the Ligue 1 (like the Bundesliga) IS a farmer's league. The two things are mutually exclusive.


You mean they are not mutually exclusive


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
User avatar
pyrasur
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 4544
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:05 am
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 3130 times
Been thanked: 2067 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: 2018/19 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby MUTU » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:58 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:
MUTU wrote:
Dumbledore7 wrote:I don't know guys. PSG is definitely a vastly superior European team, but the Ligue 1 (like the Bundesliga) IS a farmer's league. The two things are mutually exclusive.

What about Lyon that beat Man City? This term is really disrespectful. I'd like to know how many people who used this term earn more money than the average player salary in Ligue 1.

To that, I can either argue that Lyon are a very good, established European team or that it's a one-off. Either way, exception to French football rather than the rule.

Fair enough about the derogatory use of that particular term, I wouldn't have used it myself if it wasn't in context. But point still stands that the PL can be superior to Ligue 1 and Bundesliga whilst PSG and Bayern are superior to the best English teams. Both can be true.

One-offs? You can't be serious. English clubs have an appalling record against French clubs.

I went back to the last 4 seasons.

French clubs 7 wins, 4 draws, 2 EPL wins

Monaco, for example, beat Tottenham 2-1 both at home and away.

So in the last 4 seasons, PSG, Lyon and Monaco have bested EPL clubs.

It has nothing to do with which league is the best, that is clear that the Premier League is better than Ligue 1. The gripe I have is with the arrogance of fans who continue to show their ignorance to the statistics in direct encounters. It would be akin to Germans referring to bogey nation Italy as farmers ahead of a tournament knockout between Germany and Italy, rather than showing respect.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 51008
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 9205 times
Been thanked: 15125 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2018/19 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby Dumbledore7 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:55 pm

MUTU wrote:One-offs? You can't be serious. English clubs have an appalling record against French clubs.

I went back to the last 4 seasons.

French clubs 7 wins, 4 draws, 2 EPL wins

Monaco, for example, beat Tottenham 2-1 both at home and away.

So in the last 4 seasons, PSG, Lyon and Monaco have bested EPL clubs.

It has nothing to do with which league is the best, that is clear that the Premier League is better than Ligue 1. The gripe I have is with the arrogance of fans who continue to show their ignorance to the statistics in direct encounters. It would be akin to Germans referring to bogey nation Italy as farmers ahead of a tournament knockout between Germany and Italy, rather than showing respect.

Look, who cares about the pedantics of whether it was a literal one-off or not? I mean you yourself clearly agree with the general idea up there in bold.

Fair enough, the name-calling is disrespectful. But if they were more polite in expressing that Ligue 1 worse than the PL, I see nothing wrong.

pyrasur wrote:
Dumbledore7 wrote:I don't know guys. PSG is definitely a vastly superior European team, but the Ligue 1 (like the Bundesliga) IS a farmer's league. The two things are mutually exclusive.


You mean they are not mutually exclusive


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fuck. Whoops.
User avatar
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 6825
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:02 pm
Location: London
National Flag:
Indonesia
Has thanked: 4798 times
Been thanked: 4235 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: 2018/19 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby MUTU » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:10 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:
MUTU wrote:One-offs? You can't be serious. English clubs have an appalling record against French clubs.

I went back to the last 4 seasons.

French clubs 7 wins, 4 draws, 2 EPL wins

Monaco, for example, beat Tottenham 2-1 both at home and away.

So in the last 4 seasons, PSG, Lyon and Monaco have bested EPL clubs.

It has nothing to do with which league is the best, that is clear that the Premier League is better than Ligue 1. The gripe I have is with the arrogance of fans who continue to show their ignorance to the statistics in direct encounters. It would be akin to Germans referring to bogey nation Italy as farmers ahead of a tournament knockout between Germany and Italy, rather than showing respect.

Look, who cares about the pedantics of whether it was a literal one-off or not? I mean you yourself clearly agree with the general idea up there in bold.

Fair enough, the name-calling is disrespectful. But if they were more polite in expressing that Ligue 1 worse than the PL, I see nothing wrong.

It's not pedantics of whether it was a literal one-off... it's the complete opposite, much closer to an English club beating a French club being the one-off. My point revolves about the English fans ridiculing French fans with a snobbish attitude in comparing leagues, while French clubs consistently ridicule English clubs on the pitch.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 51008
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 9205 times
Been thanked: 15125 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests