You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2018/19 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

Re: [2018-12-17] Bayern Munich vs ??? — CL draw

Postby Machiavellico » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:20 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:
Machiavellico wrote:
IsiahRashad wrote:I'm not worried about their defense, i'm worried for their attack.

How in the World Kimmich,Alaba,Hummels,Boateng,Süle can stop their attack ? Even Shaq is playing like a WC player these days.

It's not like they went against any great defenses though. Napoli's? pft. Against PSG they didn't do much. And the little they did in the first match was thanks to Bernat. And it's not like when someone says "best defenders in the world" anyone thinks about Kimpembe and Thiago Silva.

Neither of any Bayern defenders these days.

The best thing about the draw is to see how some people went from - "We don't need James at all, he can leave in the summer." to " With James back in the team - we have a chance !."

Pathetic. And they were calling that the only "real" fans are from Germany. Learn the club colours first.

Well, yeah, but I'd like to think that they're at least on level with PSG's defense.

But I agree about what you say with James. He was quite easily overlooked until now, but his style of play could be essential against Liverpool. Especially in the first leg. He tracks back and tackles way better than Muller and dare I say Goretzka. I just hope Kovac won't forget about that and chicken out by playing a CM behind Lewa(like Goretzka or Thiago).

PE14
Machiavellico
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Romania

Postby icewizard » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:26 pm

i'll repeat myself, but i'm very excited by this tie. I hope and pray we'll play to our highest level and qualify for the next round. We have to avoid the high defensive line, because they can just kick and rush if necessary with a front line of Mane, Firmino, Salah and a substitute like Shaqiri.

We have to play the direct football and try to use counter attacking more efficiently.

Liverpool FC is a very strong team, but i think they would want to give priority to the Premier League.
icewizard
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:40 pm

Games are on 19th February and 13th March. Liverpool play Man United the weekend after the first leg.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:40 pm

icewizard wrote:Liverpool FC is a very strong team, but i think they would want to give priority to the Premier League.

One could argue that after what happened to them last season they could be hungry to win the Champions League. It's really not uncommon for the losing CL finalist to do well the following season. In fact, the losing finalist rarely if ever get eliminated in the round of 16 the following season.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Birthday

Postby Jorge » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:45 pm

My only reaction to this draw: We are Fv(I<ed!
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:46 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Games are on 19th February and 23th March. Liverpool play Man United the weekend after the first leg.
At least not on my bday
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:46 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Games are on 19th February and 23th March. Liverpool play Man United the weekend after the first leg.
At least not on my bday

Same here
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Re: 2018/19 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby Jorge » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:48 pm

The 3 German teams against the 3 strongest English Teams.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby dras_l » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:56 pm

If we must play vs English opponent than would always choose February as time. This Boxing days, crazy January fixture, plus cold weather will guarantee injures to some key players and some of those will be exhausted. Anyway, Liverpool is thoughts opponent we could draw, their speed and game style just doesn’t suit to us. I’m not so excited with draw, if we don’t improve defence drastically we will not stand a chance against their speed.
Better strategic retreat than dishonorable defeat
dras_l
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:03 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:
At least not on my bday

Same here

BILHAQ
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby America USA » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:22 pm

Hope Ajax upset Real and Lyon give Barcelona really tough games. Hopefully Juventus too will knock out Atletico. Just want the Spanish “reign” to end ASAP. La Liga and Real/Barça fanboys have been unbearable for the past few years :x
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:37 pm

That was meant to say 13th March btw, so much closer to my birthday. I got confused because I was thinking of Liverpool-Man United on 23rd February, the weekend after the first leg.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Jorge » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:47 pm

dras_l wrote:Anyway, Liverpool is thoughts opponent we could draw, their speed and game style just doesn’t suit to us. I’m not so excited with draw, if we don’t improve defence drastically we will not stand a chance against their speed.

Does it have anything to do with signing the coach that we were supposed to get?
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby #12 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:25 pm

Borusse wrote:Now that I think about it, I can't really say we're the favourites against Tottenham. It's a very, very close tie, probably a coin toss. They've got 39 points in the league, third place and just 5-6 points behind Liverpool and City who are breaking historic records this season. Tottenham are very strong.

Dude... Seriously... Grow a pair... It’s Tottenham... Even we would be favorites and we're way below you guys...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:26 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
DiegoForlan wrote:Well they are bossing the Premier League, but their CL so far isn't something to be proud of at all, they lost against Red Star Belgrade 2:0, and also lost to Napoli and PSG once . Who knows, we need Robben on the pitch and Ribery on the bench for this match, i wonder how we will play without Müller against Liverpool.
Hopefully James will be back...

Davies LW
Coman RW

Or Coman LW Robben RW

Coman, beast on the right, to the left for this weird setup? Why not the other way around?!
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League